Hole In Barcode - Significance?

niobium

Yes, they knew... It was obviously more important for them to save the money, instead of supporting. Still, they wanted the music, so they downloaded it... Same goes for the majority of psy listeners. They want the music, but don't support the labels/artists...

I have had several funny experiences. Several people sent me e-mails with looong stories about how much they had enjoyed the compilation, how it "saved their summer", thanked me etc. Really great stories, but at the end of the e-mails, they often wrote; "I downloaded it from....". Should I laugh or cry? :(  :D  :unsure:

434865[/snapback]

well, both :lol:

i wouldnt call them "friends" ;)

Wow, again, sorry to hear that. I'm from an older generation and don't understand the whole downloading thing. To me music has always been accessible as far as I can afford it, and maybe once in a while I get a copy of an album from friends. The albums I feel I must have, I buy. The runners-up that I'd like to hear but can't afford remain a mystery.

For your "friends" to download the album is a complete farce.

434868[/snapback]

well, you cant buy everything, can you? OOP? are you going to keep that pleasure away from yourself just because some record is out of print and not available anywhere :) ?

People aren't going to stop downloading - the way to go is to sell FLAC or 320 MP3 downloads online, imo.

434870[/snapback]

FLAC all the way!

i mean mp3? WTF :lol::D

well, you cant buy everything, can you? OOP? are you going to keep that pleasure away from yourself just because some record is out of print and not available anywhere :) ?

434876[/snapback]

Yes. That's part of the fun that people who download miss out on. Not everything is meant to be accessed. For instance, if you had access to every model you thought was beautiful or intriguing, it would take a lot of the mystery out of them, and you'd always be hungering for more.

And every once in a while a CD is re-released for a normal price, instead of hundreds at eBay. A good example is Indoor's Progressive Trance, an album I've been very curious about for many years but could never find. I just bought it and it's on it's way from Saikosounds. The fact that it's not the original release doesn't bother me a bit; I'm more interested in the music.

Often things are better left as fantasies, for the oxygen-rich air of reality has a way of tarnishing once beautiful things.

Yes. That's part of the fun that people who download miss out on. Not everything is meant to be accessed. For instance, if you had access to every model you thought was beautiful or intriguing, it would take a lot of the mystery out of them, and you'd always be hungering for more.

And every once in a while a CD is re-released for a normal price, instead of hundreds at eBay. A good example is Indoor's Progressive Trance, an album I've been very curious about for many years but could never find. I just bought it and it's on it's way from Saikosounds. The fact that it's not the original release doesn't bother me a bit; I'm more interested in the music.

Often things are better left as fantasies, for the oxygen-rich air of reality has a way of tarnishing once beautiful things.

434882[/snapback]

well, pardon my french but thats your opinion ;)!

for me its better to listen to music i want no matter where do i get.

its all about music afterall. the way we enjoy is personal.

well, pardon my french but thats your opinion ;)!

for me its better to listen to music i want no matter where do i get.

its all about music afterall. the way we enjoy is personal.

434883[/snapback]

True, but if one's hedonism makes other people suffer, then it becomes a morality problem, and therefore not strictly "personal" anymore.

well, im talking about OOP ones so no one suffers ;)

434902[/snapback]

It would also be kinda convinient to wait until however many hunderd copies are sold (or in PKS case some even destroyed) until they are OOP so you can start downloading ;)

It would also be kinda convinient to wait until however many hunderd copies are sold (or in PKS case some even destroyed) until they are OOP so you can start downloading  ;)

434916[/snapback]

where did i said so?

your statement is meant to be something like "im better than you because i pay 100$ per cd to some anonymous guy"?

where did i said so?

your statement is meant to be something like "im better than you because i pay 100$ per cd to some anonymous guy"?

434930[/snapback]

I don't think that's what he meant. I think he meant that if you wait patiently all CDs will eventually be OOP, in which case you'd never have to feel badly about downloading. It also implies that if more people wait for a disk to fail and go OOP, the sooner everyone can download it.

I know of an individual at a particularly VERY POPULAR online psytrance shop who is a guilty participant in releasing CDs online, at least as per the rumours have it. That's all I'll say....and I think it's true from what I've noticed... :)

Aaron

I have seen those holes too...

My guess is that they were "destroyed" because of the publishing company...

As a label,  I have to pay a certain amount for every CD pressed to the publishing company. If I don't sell all the cds, I can get some of the money back, if I destroy the unsold cds! To do so, I have to go to a classified "destroying company", and I can get some of the money back. I think they usually destroy them completly (burn them or something), but in the "hole case", they probably did it a bit differently... I don't think they are promos...

With other words, this explains why CDs become so rare... They are burned! I am actually going to the "destroying company" soon to burn a few hundred Quality Relaxation (Chill Tribe Records) cds. The CD sales sucked. It will be a sad day for sure to see those great Cds melt...:( So grab it while you can...;)

By the way, I love the Access Denied CD!

434501[/snapback]

That is one of the saddest tales I've heard in awhile :(

Your terminology: 'destroying company' gave me a giggle though :)

If you want a second copy of Access Denied with a chocolate hole

in it, then I would surely trade it to save one 'Quality Relaxation' on

death row.

That won't stop illegal downloading/sharing..

434887[/snapback]

perhaps not completely, but it will allow a lot of people who don't want to deal with the hassle of ordering a whole CD for a few good tracks to buy lossless copies of tracks. I don't mind spending 30 bucks to get 20 tracks that I like in lossless format, that's a fact.

but anyway, this is not the time or place for this discussion.

I don't think that's what he meant. I think he meant that if you wait patiently all CDs will eventually be OOP, in which case you'd never have to feel badly about downloading. It also implies that if more people wait for a disk to fail and go OOP, the sooner everyone can download it.

434945[/snapback]

Exactly Otto Matta..you got my point..

perhaps not completely, but it will allow a lot of people who don't want to deal with the hassle of ordering a whole CD for a few good tracks to buy lossless copies of tracks. I don't mind spending 30 bucks to get 20 tracks that I like in lossless format, that's a fact.

but anyway, this is not the time or place for this discussion.

434974[/snapback]

Well 320 isn't lossless but I have seen .wav downloads available.

But unless there is some way if making it so that it has a permanent

signature linking it to issuance (if that is a word) from the label then it

is pretty worthless for collectors.

Of course the music is the main issue - for most.

Well 320 isn't lossless but I have seen .wav downloads available.

But unless there is some way if making it so that it has a permanent

signature linking it to issuance (if that is a word) from the label then it

is pretty worthless for collectors.

Of course the music is the main issue - for most.

434977[/snapback]

FLAC is lossless and it's about 1/2 size of .wavs.

yeah, not really for collectors I agree. Someone will have to figure out something for you guys to chew on, though.. ;)

I think you mean H'sIB's :P

435014[/snapback]

As any computer dork would say.

And I need more practice. Cause I know I fucked that one up :( but for the most part it translates right until I decided to mix something up teehee

=[

Aaron

As any computer dork would say.

And I need more practice.  Cause I know I fucked that one up :( but for the most part it translates right until I decided to mix something up teehee

=[

Aaron

435025[/snapback]

01110101001000000111001000100000011101000110100001100101001000000110000101101100

Mike

434945[/snapback]

well, but it doesnt make sense here :)