recomendations

I was recently looking into the same issue and after some reserach i settled for the Senheiser's HD 25 and i couln't be happier with my purchase.

here's a good review on the hd 25i, not sure what the difference is... i'd like to think none  http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=72883

433606[/snapback]

I've heard good things about that pair too, but the fact remains that he asked for monitor headphones. Most people consider them good for DJ'ing, but I sure wouldn't use them for mixing.

My recommendation would be ATH M40Fs. According to some reviews I've read they're really great for mixing and mastering and supposedly semi-comfortable too. Sadly I have no personal experience as of yet, but I am looking into getting those.

They're 77€ on Thomann.

I've heard good things about that pair too, but the fact remains that he asked for monitor headphones. Most people consider them good for DJ'ing, but I sure wouldn't use them for mixing.

My recommendation would be ATH M40Fs. According to some reviews I've read they're really great for mixing and mastering and supposedly semi-comfortable too. Sadly I have no personal experience as of yet, but I am looking into getting those.

They're 77€ on Thomann.

433810[/snapback]

you know... they aren't the confiest in for long-time you use... and i have been reading the mid's are not as detailed as they could be, but if they are good enough for Ticon to use alongside AKG K-240 my guess is the box might be right when they call them 'pro monitoring'...

:)

the Senheiser's HD 25 is a great choice indeed.. for DJ'ing as well!

Though I'm not really familiar with many other headphones, I've settled with the HD 25's and also really really happy with them.

hey i am looking for some headphones too!

mine will be for listening to music so i wont wake up the neighbors(sp?) at 3am...

if they do well for djing mixing too its a plus but their first use will be audio appreciation!!!!

any ideas?

no budget restrictments i just want to see what there is in the market!!!!

The sennheiser HD-25s are great because:

- They have extremely flat response, hence good for studio monitoring

- Have enought power for DJ-ing, plus stick right on your head no matter what you do

- Are small and light enough to use with a walkman or laptop for some fantastic sound on the move

- You can replace the pads, cables and ALL other parts yourself. You will never need to buy another pair of headphones. Ever.

peace out,

miKe

I'm very saticfied with my Beyer Dynamics DT-250. They come quite close to the Event Tria speakers that I got, which is important. They sit comfy on my head and got good specs as well.

I have a pair of AKG K271 Studios, and it's the best purchase I've ever made. Excellent, crystal-clear sound, and I can wear them for hours and hours without stressing my ears. They aren't very suitable for DJ'ing though.

Other recommendable brands for studio-work are Beyer Dynamics, Grado - and Sennheiser of course.