Amsterdam Questions

snowball

Well i am going to Amsterdam after Fullmoon,can you help me make my travel plan?

places to visit,places not to visit,good and bad coffeshops,trance parties,drugs,women etc...

IMPORTANT QUESTION:I have not yet turned 18!i look like 22 though(beard,tall and big) but i was wondering if there will be any problems!

do they ask you for an id or if you look old enough its ok?

there will be three of us,two are underage but one is 19,we both are older looking so if they eyeball us for the entrances there will be no problem i think!!!

(we are good looking too!!!) :P

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i am going to Amsterdam after Fullmoon,can you help me make my travel plan?

places to visit,places not to visit,good and bad coffeshops,trance parties,drugs,women etc...

IMPORTANT QUESTION:I have not yet turned 18!i look like 22 though(beard,tall and big) but i was wondering if there will be any problems!

do they ask you for an id or if you look old enough its ok?

there will be three of us,two are underage but one is 19,we both are older looking so if they eyeball us for the entrances there will be no problem i think!!!

(we are good looking too!!!) :P

432924[/snapback]

Nah, mostly they dont look at ids :D

What a great help you are....!!

:lol:  :lol:

432954[/snapback]

Thing is, I dont know whats going on in this god forsaken town. I go to my local pubs and get smashed, but dont go the parties (seems there are not so many anyways).

I never get asked for an ID, but I guess thats because I look like a 50 year old bum :D:lol:

Thing is, I dont know whats going on in this god forsaken town. I go to my local pubs and get smashed, but dont go the parties (seems there are not so many anyways).

I never get asked for an ID, but I guess thats because I look like a 50 year old bum :D:lol:

433010[/snapback]

:lol:

problem wiht most goa parties in holland they end @ 6 in the morning,

there's an agreement with the governement to have parties like in illegal houses but the parties have to end at 6 o clock,

so if you really find a a superunderground party, you'll have some fun longer then 6 in the morning,

good luck searching :P

for the rest, indeed ID ;)

but it doens't mean because you are in holland you have to buy cannabis legal,

there are a lot of illegal ways and delars to buy weed who won't ask ID,

parks, centrals station, find your way,

just never give money before you see the gear, they know you are you are a tourist,

don't follow a bunch of 15 guys to a special place to deal, you'll get ripped of 100 precent,

find rastas, honest blowers,

good luck :)

Man, I remember still being under age for stuff.

It sucked, mostly for my friends though. I wasnt ever actually ID'd for alcohol until I was 19.... annoyingly enough... <_<

am going to let all my body hair grow for the next 5months and if anybody asks for an id i will start making weird noises....

433940[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Why weird noises? Are u gonna try to pretend to be some sort of beast of what? :lol::lol::P

hey snowball.. when I went to amsterdam in summer 2004, I went to a shitload of coffeeshops and nobody asked me for id, not even once.. and I definitely dont look old..

maybe in a ´bulldogue coffeeshop´ in some main street they will ask for it, but you shouldnt anyways go to such tourist traps, underage or not..

stick to the smaller coffeeshops farther away from the center, maybe even after the ´centiurban´ street or whatever its called

(I dont know about clubs though, only went to parks, coffeeshops and smartshops haha)

good luck :)

Man, I remember still being under age for stuff.

433925[/snapback]

wow, you still remember?!

Posted Image

:lol:

hey sherlockalien thnx man,thats very reassuring..pfffeeew... :)

yeah i ve heard about those tourist traps coffeeshops and will definetly avoid them!

i think a *smart* ;) map of amsterdam will be great for me!!!!

oh and some names of places to visit and others to avoid if you know,like clubs parks museums coffeeshops etc etc

is it true there are people in coffeeshops tha roll you a joint...like ordering a sandwich?? :lol:

where is the pleasure of rolling gone then? :huh:

hey sherlockalien thnx man,thats very reassuring..pfffeeew... :)

yeah i ve heard about those tourist traps coffeeshops and will definetly avoid them!

i think a *smart* ;)  map of amsterdam will be great for me!!!!

oh and some names of places to visit and others to avoid if you know,like clubs parks museums coffeeshops etc etc

is it true there are people in coffeeshops tha roll you a joint...like ordering a sandwich?? :lol:

where is the pleasure of rolling gone then? :huh:

434192[/snapback]

hey :)

so lets see..

when I went to amsterdam I wanted to see a nice growroom, which I had never in my life (only low scale 2 plants growing from some friends) so I went to this ´cannabis college´ (I think that was the name), which is just a place with lots of information, reports and books about weed.... They have a growroom there, here´s a pic

Posted Image

there was a friendly girl working there.. She told us that she and others who worked there are not payed, but they can smoke for free all the weed from that growroom... anyways, she gave us a map of amsterdam that showed a lot of the coffeeshops, and she circled some and told which ones are good, have some special smoke, cheap, etc.. maybe you should go there :)

I dont remember very much the name of the coffeeshops that were the best, but mostly it was the smaller ones.. you just go in, see if it has a nice atmosphere, cool music.. one that had nice music but not so confortable seats was ´the global chillage´.. some others had really confy seats.. some had cheap smoke..

just go in random ones and check it out.. you´re not obliged to buy the smoke in the coffeeshop, but you should definitely buy at least something (maybe a juice or whatever) if you are going to sit there and smoke some weed you bought elsewhere

I suggest you walk a lot, without a specific destination... smoke a joint, go stoned through the city.. be careful with the bikes, they´re everywhere haha.. actually, you should rent one yourself, or maybe buy one from some junkie.. Amsterdam is a quite walkable city.. but bike is the best mode of transport for sure..

Also, you will probably notice how its easy to get lost in a´dam.... the streets are rarely straight, lots of canals, the same architecture and building colours everywhere, no mountains to use as guide... so have a map with you when walking to unknown places, and try to understand how the whole thing works.. you´ll get it..

amsterdam is also quite safe, or it seems so to me.. I guess the biggest crime is bike stealing, so use a lock hehe...

I never felt threatened or anything.. in red light district, people always say its more shady at night.. I didnt think so.. just a few street dealers offering you cocaine in some alleys.. but you just say no and walk on..

dont get your drugs from street dealer.. you´re in amsterdam, enjoy things that are legal there.. if you want some illegal drug, wait for when you get home and know your dealer, dont get ripped off or risk yourself when you dont have to..

go to smartshops too, not just coffeeshops.. they have all that mushroom salvia whatever else stuff, and cool books, trippy stuff...

sometimes there are some little fairs and flea markets or whatever you call it, where you can find some nice backdrops, cheap smoking gear, etc etc.. see if you can go to one or accidentally see one while walking around

I suggest do your tripping at home (if you stay in a nice place) or in the parks.. or actually, go to the parks all the time.. the famous vondelpark, in a quite central location, where young people sunbathe on warm sunny days, a few smoking joints (even though its forbidden in public places appart from coffeeshops).. Stay there, watching the lake, the trees.. maybe listening to some music on your diskman or ipod portable speakers or whatever..

I heard amsterdamsee bos (or smt like this) is the biggest park, and quite cool, but its a bit farther away, on the outskirts of the city... maybe check it out, from pictures it seems very nice

thats all I can remember for the moment.. maybe some other time.. :)