hendrix_fan

Forum Newbie Here,

Most of the Stuff i'm listening to at the moment is,

Infected Mushoom

Talamasca

Dark Soho

Haldolium

and others of a similar style,,

but they aren't evil enough and not heavy and driving enough to cater from some of my moods,

can anyone make any recommendations of some groups doing stuff that is still progressive, so it builds, but yeah, just darker...

and recommendations would be welcomed.

Forum Newbie Here,

Infected Mushoom

Talamasca

Dark Soho

Haldolium

but they aren't evil enough and not heavy and driving enough to cater from some of my moods,

can anyone make any recommendations of some groups doing stuff that is still progressive, so it builds, but yeah, just darker...

432836[/snapback]

Schlabbaduerst ReKkords

Do it now, but I warn you, you'll be spoiled. They recently released their 7th compilation, and it's having a tough time getting out of my CD player(s). Killer music.

Also take a look at the Stone Age and Timecode labels, which both have good sampler compiliations.

You may also enjoy the huge, innovative, slightly techno-ish sound of the X-Dream/Delta/Spirallianz/Midimiliz guys. Pick any album from the last five years and you'll be impressed.

There's a lot more than that, as the dark, driving sound tends to stay in demand. I'd recommend consulting the 2004/2005/2006 reviews.

(P.S. "Progressive" means something different here. It tends to mean a more simplified, happier, bouncier, dancier sort of sound, as opposed to tracks that actually progress to big climaxes.)

Forum Newbie Here,

Infected Mushoom

Talamasca

Dark Soho

Haldolium

432836[/snapback]

Its a long shot, since it will sound a lot different.

But, give Savage Scream a try.

Best Wishes

Krell

V/A - There is no Tomorrow (Inpsyde Media)

Psyfactor - Evil Inside (Trishula Records)

and I think

V/A - Black Rhino (Flying Rhino Records). Maybe because it was one of the first darker CDs I got but it stuck with me.

all german tech goodness :D

100 times darker than that fluffy dark psy crap :)

433678[/snapback]

I second that

You want something dark? Try The Delta, Nervous and Spirallianz....

Btw, evil is LAME.... Dark is something, evil is another thing

Remind of that, and you will be fine

Btw, evil is LAME.... Dark is something, evil is another thing

Remind of that, and you will be fine

433681[/snapback]

PLUR / Hippie / Butterfly stuff is LAME

He probably meant "Nerve" which is actually a sideproject of MOS (Mittelstandskinder ohne Strom), and a damn good one btw.

433743[/snapback]

Thats right, i meant Nerve

"Nervous"

What i was thinking? :lol:

I think it was because of the blend name of Nerve the project name, and No fokus wich is the album name...the result is Nervous :rolleyes:

Btw NT

Flower attitude just for the sake of it is lame too, i agree with you. But the idea of selling music as evil is just as lame as selling your music as Holy or Spiritual

That was my point

Absolum - Inside the sphere, some of the tracks on that are almost violent and downright nasty but some are completely horrible.

Twisted System has some nasty tracks

Zerotonine - Cygnus loops, if I remeber correctly has some darker tracks

Mino - Metallic universe, worth checking out.

Penta - Pentafiles

Analog Mohicans - Odin (on SSTcd012)

Ach, I found a pearl when checking the piles: Jörg on mushroom - The messenger (on SST005)

Might be too much of a long leap from Infected Mushroom and Talamasca, but you might actually be interested in Ghreg on Earth I think :P

His music is reminiscent of Dark Soho in many ways, but 100 times darker :P

• 6 months later...

real evil- Anything from Devils Mind, particularly Kiriyama, Danse Macabre

a lot of evil from Greece these days- Horror Place, Polyphonia, Claw (I guess Cyprus isnt really Greece)

The Mistress of Evil never seems too evil to me, a lot of their releases are just plain wacky kooked out trance. Well I guess everyone has their own ideas.

Oh I forgot.... MWS!!! VERY evil stuff, check out the first track on Golden Dawn's compo Hate (ignore the hateful name and youll do fine).

as has been said, evil is a matter of perspective, you have to believe in good to believe in evil, personally I always think of Emily Dickinson who said, "Nothing is good or bad but thinking makes it so".

real evil- Anything from Devils Mind, particularly Kiriyama, Danse Macabre

a  lot of evil from Greece these days- Horror Place, Polyphonia, Claw (I guess Cyprus isnt really Greece)

The Mistress of Evil never seems too evil to me, a lot of their releases are just plain wacky kooked out trance.  Well I guess everyone has their own ideas.

Oh I forgot....  MWS!!!  VERY evil stuff, check out the first track on Golden Dawn's compo Hate (ignore the hateful name and youll do fine).

as has been said, evil is a matter of perspective, you have to believe in good to believe in evil, personally I always think of Emily Dickinson who said, "Nothing is good or bad but thinking makes it so".

590963[/snapback]

Hey good to see him mentioned here. I saw him a couple of times,he is very good!

And cyprus is ALMOST greece ;):)

Ow yes, M.W.S. - Hexenhammer, great track the last minutes are fantastic with a sound of a hammer hitting metal and some voice brabbling some "I dunno" Latin or something.

love that song.

on the same disc is also a Quasar track called Oliphant, wich also is a great track.(to me at least).