03. Entropy - Technology [148]

04. Terranoise - Maybe You Are [148]

05. Iron Madness Vs. SD6 - Blues Mystery [147]

06. Energy Loop Vs. A.P.E - Hypnotic Spider [147]

07. Tsabeat Vs. Optical Human - CDx4 [144]

08. DMT Vs. Kreven - I Am Old [145]

09. Static Nation - Mechanic Dream [145]

01. Electrypnose - Mario Bross *

The Biggest Swiss import these days besides Lindt chocolates might be Vince La Barde with his hectic trance-o-rama of IntellitTrance (Minimum requirements: two ears and half brain). This time around we reminisce about the days when running around eating mushrooms was rewarded rather than frowned upon. Thankfully the tune has only brushes of the original gig, it is more along the lines of retro-filtered presets imitating the polyphonic tune here and there, without going into full on Mario Bross version. Inside we find all the tall tale signs of Le Barde with the screechy synth's, diverse invertebrate rhythms and a doze funk. I'm still trying to recover from ‘Cypher' last year on Mind Games, but this is not half bad.

02. Ultratech - In the Hall of the Mountain

I seem to have no recollection of this artist in the past. The cat is new and fits the Doof sound like ring in finger. There's a quote by the beginning from the movie No Escape pervading in the background with mild success. Musically speaking there's not much but standard issue rippling notes, included the ‘homage' to Swedish composer Edvard Grieg by the end. The beat tries to remain varied and it passes the test. Nice stereo panning with effects, can be mildly entertaining without raising my hairs overall.

03. Entropy - Technology *

Omer2 and Pitt are back with an upgrade. After hearing their work in previous compilations last year, I find “Technology” a lot more eventful. Something taken out of a Goa Gil set with mind bending touches and bit more harmony, infused with twisted effects. The usual hard-hitting beats are there for a winning combo.

04. Terranoise - Maybe You Are [148] *

Maxim Galinov returns for a second time after a successful debut last year. The force “Maybe you are” carries can be compared roughly to a Mac truck, loaded to the last corner. Even if it looses a bit of the potential afterwards, it is still relentless power trance with a great intro lightly spread at the top, much like a can of whip cream.

05. Iron Madness Vs. SD6 - Blues Mystery

We are treated to a lengthy sample of some Resident Evil flick extending for almost a minute. From the last encounter with these two on Dirty South my impression of their work was rather bleak and slightly uninspired. The “Blues Mystery” is however, a step in the right direction. The basic structure is a peaker -once again- until kingdom come. The bluesy-type of break conjures a satisfying last stretch with clear potential on the floor. The notes seem to fit in there even if a little more tweak would have brought something more memorable in the end.

06. Energy Loop Vs. A.P.E - Hypnotic Spider*

After taking off with some sort of spooky lullaby in high pitchers, we start getting pounded to walls. It takes a bit too long to really get up there, leaving no clues at the beginning of where we are heading. At least they don't ruin the ending for you, consisting of detuned lines literally making the track. Not bad for the newcomers.

07. Tsabeat Vs. Optical Human - CDx4*

“No single space project in this area could be more impressive to man-kind or more important for the long range exploration of space”. The CDx4 stands on its own, in a perusal of techno diversions with a strong bass line and amusing effects, taking us through roads less traveled. The beat could be Gi'iwa material but is something else altogether. I haven't really heard much from Optical Human and the one track I know from Tsabeat is enough to conclude there is a fresh proposal here.

08. DMT Vs. Kreven - I Am Old*

DMT and Creven dwell in deep waters, bending genres with a fast track that falls under with playful guitars by the break digging different textures and sounds, to break away the harsh cacophony Doof sometimes is known for. At the same time it turns somber at parts mixing both in a strange fondue of styles. It's playful and moving, showing they spend their time for this one…

09. Static Nation - Mechanic Dream *

More newcomers rain down with thunder announcing melodies with long breezy pads and certain kinship with Psyfactor and Manifold for some reason. At least they might go well together. Interesting tune inspired by full moon on a graveyard just before dawn hits.

* Favorites

All and all :

Cobra and AMS took their time to present a varied selection of tunes, looking to not stray too much from the usual sound, with interesting ideas spawning in the roster along with new artists. Play Way is an appealing piece of plastic for long-time Doof fans and folks looking to consume something different besides rosy, morning sounds coming from the holy land lately. It is the ying in the yang, or maybe backwards…we are dealing with the dark bit mmmk? and it does its job well for those who enjoy their power trance. Otherwise you might be looking for yang… or maybe its ying… :)

Where to Get:

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=5376

http://www.beatspace.com/dettagli/dettaglio.asp?id=2539

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/doo/doo1cd020.html

• 3 weeks later...

Blues Mystery is prolly the best pure-dancefloor hands-in-the-air killargh track of the whole last year, at least in the dark-fullon style..

Tsabeat vs. Optical Human is a nice track. DMT vs. Kreven is slightly strange, but not bad.. and of course the Mario Bros. :lol: one of these days I'll have the balls to cheese out like that.