Fullmoon Festival 2006

snowball

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Came back yesterday. :) There are no words to describe the amazing time I had at the festival. I've been dancing almost all the time and I discovered a lot of new music and artist I like. Great music at the groove floor as well, although the floor was nearly empty all of the time. I discovered I like progressive psytrance very much and also the twisted dark full on at night.

A few artist I remember that really stood out:

-Electric Universe: one of the first acts, very powerfull and melodic

-Digicult: I've seen them live on a party before and they totally kick ass

-Chromatone: Genious!

-Bliss: Freaking out dark and twisted stuff, totally freaked me out.

-There was a replacer for Astrix and he was very good: Psytrance mixed with some electro stuff.

-Tristan: Very intelligent stuff. Grooved my ass off.

This are just some examples from acts I didn't know before and my blurred mind still remembers. Every comment is an understatement, because there are know words about the euforia I felt with a lot of acts.

It was the first time for me, but I spoke a lot of people who said that it was much better than the previous ones (the location, the artists, etc..). The weather was perfect and the location was beautiful. It was quite big and it was not too crowded, just perfect.... B)

Ohh the memory gives me shivers already :rolleyes:

Came back yesterday. :)  There are no words to describe the amazing time I had at the festival. I've been dancing almost all the time and I discovered a lot of new music and artist I like. Great music at the groove floor as well, although the floor was nearly empty all of the time. I discovered I like progressive psytrance very much and also the twisted dark full on at night.

A few artist I remember that really stood out:

-Electric Universe: one of the first acts, very powerfull and melodic

-Digicult: I've seen them live on a party before and they totally kick ass

-Chromatone: Genious!

-Bliss: Freaking out dark and twisted stuff, totally freaked me out.

-There was a replacer for Astrix and he was very good: Psytrance mixed with some electro stuff.

-Tristan: Very intelligent stuff. Grooved my ass off.

This are just some examples from acts I didn't know before and my blurred mind still remembers. Every comment is an understatement, because there are know words about the euforia I felt with a lot of acts.

567974[/snapback]

Drapes of wrath was good too... :)

Drapes of wrath was good too... :)

568055[/snapback]

I'm not sure if I've seen them. Like I said my memory is blurred and I enjoyed almost everything I've seen (except for GMS and 1200 mics, I can't understand why they are that popular)

I think I walked to the Main Stage during Phatmatix and stayed there till Dj Alladdin began (he sucked big time, playing only popular tunes), so I misses Grapes of Wrath. I danced so much during Chromatone I fell asleep right before the mainstage during Filteria :o and woke up with Alladdin playing The Prodigy and Infected Mushroom. If you've seen a hippy sleeping between all the dancing people during Filteria, it was me :P ....

i've heard this year was a MUCH better location, now you didn't have to sleep in a vibrating tent :)

and the weather, sunny and 30 degrees.. niiiiice :)

Ok, let me add a not-so-mdma-first-time-festival-influenced review right here... (geintje, aqualung :))

I've not spoken to anyone who thought this festival was better than the previous ones... The location was really great, huge camping, but the festival itself? Disappointing to say the least! Too many big names, so you don't really get a lot of suprisring new music. And needless to say, a lot of the big names were very disappointing, even to the point where they got straight, utterly and totally embarrassing.

But let me name a few alright names first: I guess Electric Universe was alright, so were Seroxat, Azax Syndrom (surprisingly psychedelic for me), Mr. Peculiar, Astral Projection had its ok moments too, Andromeda was sweet as hell, Popstream was alright and Tristan was one of the nicest moments at the dancefloor.

But... way too many german bulldogs, especially the first few days. I never really liked the vibe on the main dance floor, too many fucked up people and not enough friendly honest smiles. The alternative floor was better, but waaaaaaaaaaaay too small to be even compared to the other floor. Pathetic, really! I'm usually not the complainer, but this festival had a lot of wrong things about it.

Decorations on the main floor were nice enough :) and so was the Chillout. We played two really nice sets, I think, a lot of non-psy-chill and a lot of very funny shit...

Horrible sets: IM (to be expected, but bad nonetheless, with a very angry looking erez and a very wasted duvdev). Raja Ram sucked three different kinds of very big balls. His own DJ-set was cheesier dan cheesy and cornier dan beef. Tasteless! He made look Simon Posford indeed look like a god, cause his shpongle-set was pretty bad... In Turkey Shpongle was the most amazing thing I saw, but Raja Ram just CAN NOT mix! :angry: And this brings me to the worst performance I have probably EVER seen; 1200 mics.

Pathetic is just a word for what these guys did. They obviously paid one of the GMS-guys big money to produce some easylistening trance, so these two old ugly and gay-ass talentless losers called Raja and Chicago could act like they can play instruments. There were bongo's, flutes and other weird instruments, all of which they pretended to be playing, but half of the time they were not even close to the beat, but it didnt matter anyway, cause you couldn't hear em. I doubt that they even played anything.

The most embarassing must've been Chicago though. Before each guitar riff, he grabbed this little inflatable kids guitar and started airplaying it! Not only once, but throughout the whole concert! Dude... :o That was so embarassing, just to watch it. But even worse was the fact that the whole dancefloor was never fuller. It was the last official show of the festival and everybody seemed to really like it. They must've had some excellent drugs.... :blink: We tried to scream BOO!!! as loud as we could it, each time there was a break. I mean, come on, I think I ruined it for some people cause we got a lot of ugly faces but we really couldn't just stand there and do nothing. It was too much... :rolleyes:

Anyway: I had a fun time as I always do on festivals, I really loved playing in the chillout, met some nice people, but I doubt that I'll ever go back unless I get to play again. :) (and some more shameless selfpromotion: check out my set @ VooV as well! B) )

Nice meeting Santo, he looks exactly like his picture in the picturebook, that's how I recognized him. Now don't you reveal my identity you!

Ok, let me add a not-so-mdma-first-time-festival-influenced review right here... (geintje, aqualung :))

Heehe, I was actually sober at that time. I don't need mdma to dance through the morning. Good music is enough for me.

I had the same feelings about 1200 mics, but I tried not to be too critical. I don't want to spoil a great time, because I don't like some acts. I sat on the hill watching the crowd during 1200 mics and during Infected Mushroom, so I still enjoyed myself. :) And, indeed, Tristan was one of the best acts on the festival.

I've not spoken to anyone who thought this festival was better than the previous ones... The location was really great, huge camping, but the festival itself? Disappointing to say the least! Too many big names, so you don't really get a lot of suprisring new music. And needless to say, a lot of the big names were very disappointing, even to the point where they got straight, utterly and totally embarrassing.

But let me name a few alright names first: I guess Electric Universe was alright, so were Seroxat, Azax Syndrom (surprisingly psychedelic for me), Mr. Peculiar, Astral Projection had its ok moments too, Andromeda was sweet as hell, Popstream was alright and Tristan was one of the nicest moments at the dancefloor.

But... way too many german bulldogs, especially the first few days. I never really liked the vibe on the main dance floor, too many fucked up people and not enough friendly honest smiles. The alternative floor was better, but waaaaaaaaaaaay too small to be even compared to the other floor. Pathetic, really! I'm usually not the complainer, but this festival had a lot of wrong things about it.

Decorations on the main floor were nice enough :) and so was the Chillout. We played two really nice sets, I think, a lot of non-psy-chill and a lot of very funny shit...

Horrible sets: IM (to be expected, but bad nonetheless, with a very angry looking erez and a very wasted duvdev). Raja Ram sucked three different kinds of very big balls. His own DJ-set was cheesier dan cheesy and cornier dan beef. Tasteless! He made look Simon Posford indeed look like a god, cause his shpongle-set was pretty bad... In Turkey Shpongle was the most amazing thing I saw, but Raja Ram just CAN NOT mix!  :angry: And this brings me to the worst performance I have probably EVER seen; 1200 mics.

Pathetic is just a word for what these guys did. They obviously paid one of the GMS-guys big money to produce some easylistening trance, so these two old ugly and gay-ass talentless losers called Raja and Chicago could act like they can play instruments. There were bongo's, flutes and other weird instruments, all of which they pretended to be playing, but half of the time they were not even close to the beat, but it didnt matter anyway, cause you couldn't hear em. I doubt that they even played anything.

The most embarassing must've been Chicago though. Before each guitar riff, he grabbed this little inflatable kids guitar and started airplaying it! Not only once, but throughout the whole concert! Dude...  :o That was so embarassing, just to watch it. But even worse was the fact that the whole dancefloor was never fuller. It was the last official show of the festival and everybody seemed to really like it. They must've had some excellent drugs....  :blink: We tried to scream BOO!!! as loud as we could it, each time there was a break. I mean, come on, I think I ruined it for some people cause we got a lot of ugly faces but we really couldn't just stand there and do nothing. It was too much...  :rolleyes:

Anyway: I had a fun time as I always do on festivals, I really loved playing in the chillout, met some nice people, but I doubt that I'll ever go back unless I get to play  again. :) (and some more shameless selfpromotion: check out my set @ VooV as well!  B) )

Nice meeting Santo, he looks exactly like his picture in the picturebook, that's how I recognized him. Now don't you reveal my identity you!

568549[/snapback]

:lol: excellent report :)!

beh, 1200mics you say? and people still take it?

It was so weird seeing such a crowded dancefloor when 1200 mics were playing. We were really trying our best to scream BOO, YOU SUCK, GET OFF THE STAGE!!! as loud as possible during every break, but eventually we got tired of trying and getting ugly looks from everybody that was having a ball... apparently.

Sad to see that so many people lack good taste, but I guess Fullmoon festival wasn't the right place to find a lot of people with a good taste. And yeah, I know, good taste is subjective, but I can honestly say that this 1200mics thing was objectively totally horrid, pathetic and an embarrassing performance to everything that has anything to do with psychedelic. I mean, you should've seen it. There must be videos around.

Imagine it! They even opened up the front of the podium so you could see Raja playbacking the flute, the bongo's and to see Chicago rock out on his little plastic guitar toy. THAT WAS ALL HE DID, the entire show! :blink: Oh no wait, at some points he also yelled; "let's all get high" "where is my lsd?" "let's go smoke hashish with lord shiva."

That's not even singing and still he managed to make it sound totally false. He must have had some lessons from Duvdev, they were on the same level of awefulness. MY GOD! :angry: Hehehe, it was good for some good old malicious delight, I have to admit.

Oh come on, 1200 mics sucked, but there were plenty of great acts on the festival wich also attracted a lot of people. It's arrogant to say the most people on the festival lack good taste. It was quite easy to see GMS and 1200 mics attracted a whole other crowd than say Filteria or Tristan. I had a lot of conversations about music with a lot of people and I learned a lot about some great music. It's all about having a good time and not being critical. The festival organisation was great, the location was great and the weather was great. I also liked the good vibes and the positive people on the festival and I don't let it get spoiled by feeling superior for having a better taste in music than other people.

Infected Mushroom was quite a disappointment, they didn't play any old stuff :( On the other hand it was one of the most genious (rock) concerts I've ever seen. IM don't play psytrance, it doesn't even sound a bit like psytrance. But for a rock concert it was pretty powerfull and Duvdev sure does know how to raise the energy. So if you like old IM (like me), don't count on it. But you can't deny these guys have genious musical skills.

hehe excellent view on the groovefloor!

i agree with snapinho. Some horrible acts, some nice ones.. some brilliant ones even!

The location was alot better than before.. but i think they could have used it better.. dj in the bunker on groovefloor instead of on top of it or more to the side of the top :blink: Really weird place for it. Some more moving light etc..

The chill out was nice although the sound could defenitly have been better.. but overall it was good enough to enjoy the chillout. The fountain was a nice detail!

Mainfloor was killahhh. Nice sound (better than circle imho) and very nice deco. A little too big maybe.. but hey thats just a small point of critisism.

Overall vibe: the weekend was a little too mainstream for me, but on monday and tuesday it sure was alot better.. more happy vibes and friendly smiles than before.

As snapinho said: wouldnt go next year unless we get a chance to play again.

It's all about having a good time and not being critical.

Say what? You can't be critical? Tsssssk... I said that I had a great time and mean it too, but that doesn't mean I can't be critical. In my opinion, if you are critical, you can see what's wrong and how it can be improved and learn from that. Constructive criticism, that is.

Only thing I can't be constructive on is 1200 mics. I think I've made myself clear about that already, but O M G! When you go to more and different festivals, maybe you can see better what's good and what's not, like the Groovefloor for example. That was an embarrassment compared to the huge mainfloor.

Plus, IMO, if you have such a big lineup with so many BIG names, you know what you're gonna hear, because you know the music that well. So not too many surprises for me...

And yeah, maybe it's arrogant to say that the whole festival was full of people without good taste, but if you saw that many people dance uncompromisingly to 1200 mics, it does make ya wonder, doesn't it? I felt ashamed even moving my body to that music. And I yelled boo! with a big smile on my face, hehehe. :D

Location and weather were indeed nothing short of great, I agree. But I've also heard quite a lot of people say that Fullmoon grew a little too big too soon. Despite of all the big names, there were a few thousand people less than last year.

One last comment: I can't understand why you think IM did a good rockshow (but that's me). I was walking towards the toilets when I met this english dude who also said they had a rockshow going on, but " if you want to see that, go see metallica, at least they're good!" He cracked me up. :lol:

I'm sorry. What I actually meant was being TOO critical. My mistake, offcourse it's okay to be critical, but some people see it as a reason to turn things down. I don't mean anyone personal, just as way of viewing things.

I am used to going to a lot of rock festivals and I always avoid the big commercial acts, I go for the smaller names with a lot of potential. I don't like the fact that organisers need huge commercial acts to attrack a lot of people, but that's the way it is. As long as I can still enjoy the smaller ones, it's fine with me. But I wont spoil the great time people have on the mainfloor, just because I am being critical. I won't go bitching about peoples bad taste and shouting boo while other people are just having a great time. Instead I just smile and watch the crowd or just walk away looking for a place with better music.

I'm not attacking or critisizing anyone with my point of view. Just making it fun for myself and the people around me. :)

I agree, mostly. But really, 1200 mics deserved it. Cause if each time they turn up and everybody shows up, when are they gonna take a look in the mirror? Not evarrrrgh. And since we had the opportunity to show 'em how we feel, we took it. I'm sorry for spoiling people's fun, but not for shouting Boo! Life's not all shanti shanti you know... and I'm pretty certain Chicago heard some Boo's. :lol: