Fullmoon Festival 2006

snowball

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look man.. Im not going to full moon, im going to other festivals like voov and sonica... but just to tell you smt:

europe is fking easy and safe... nothing to worry about, unless you´re very very stupid haha, which im sure you´re not...

I mean, you´re obviously not going to leave your passport and money on top of your bed in an amsterdam hostel with 30 other people in the room, while you go smoking joints elsewhere...

you just take minimum precautions that any person with an iq over 50 would, and nothing bad at all can happen to you...

and sure its no prob to be with one friend.. first time I went to europe in 2004, half of my trip I was all alone, and it was super cool... its even better in some ways to travel with small group or alone because you get to meet much more people (who like you are also travelling and wanting to meet others)

have fun :)

look man.. Im not going to full moon, im going to other festivals like voov and sonica...  but just to tell you smt:

europe is fking easy and safe... nothing to worry about, unless you´re very very stupid haha, which im sure you´re not...

I mean, you´re obviously not going to leave your passport and money on top of your bed in an amsterdam hostel with 30 other people in the room, while you go smoking joints elsewhere...

you just take minimum precautions that any person with an iq over 50 would, and nothing bad at all can happen to you...

and sure its no prob to be with one friend..  first time I went to europe in 2004, half of my trip I was all alone, and it was super cool...  its even better in some ways to travel with small group or alone because you get to meet much more people (who like you are also  travelling and wanting to meet others)

have fun :)

500031[/snapback]

:)

Thanx for reassuring me man,i was a little paranoid a couple of weeks ago but i got over it now!

i was just looking for anyone who could help me a bit with some technical details,like if there are going to be any buses,how much is the food,about cops etc!

Fuse helped me a lot,but he was talking about earlier fullmoons,i hope it wontbe very different this time!

Well about amsterdam,my worries are at a logical level,i would just like some info about what to visit,cool stuff to do, where NOT to waste my time,hints etc!

Thanx for reassuring me man,i was a little paranoid a couple of weeks ago but i got over it now!

i was just looking for anyone who could help me a bit with some technical details,like if there are going to be any buses,how much is the food,about cops etc!

Fuse helped me a lot,but he was talking about earlier fullmoons,i hope it wontbe very different this time!

Well about amsterdam,my worries are at a logical level,i would just like some info about what to visit,cool stuff to do, where NOT to waste my time,hints etc!

500228[/snapback]

as for fullmoon: havent been there, but im pretty sure its like most other german festivals: possibility of roadblocks on the way.. but inside the festi its cool..

food? hmm, dont remember the prices.. was not cheap though.. what I suggest (and this is a good suggestion haha) is to buy some things in the supermarket... Little snacks and whatever that you can keep in the tent... Because if everytime you are a bit hungry you go buy smt, you´re gonna spend a lot of money.. but if you have just a couple of big meals a day, and the rest of snacks you already have bought for cheaper, then its gonna be ok...

buses and stuff I dont know... try to research more on that or ask someone (if there is a fullmoon official forum, you could ask there), but in general its always ok, there is never really any problem... organizers wouldnt make a big festival like that in germany if there wasnt enough transport means to get there

amsterdam: Walk a lot around (or bike), and have a map with you... you can always ask someone for directions to some main road if you are lost.. General ´famous´ coffeeshops like ´bulldog´ are tourist traps... I think I wrote some parks and places to go in that ´amsterdam´ thread... Dont stay only in coffeeshops smoking.. also go to parks, maybe some museum.. walk around without any aim...

Near the central station, there may be a few pickpockets, so dont have your wallet or passport in the front pocket of your backpack, where someone can take it without you noticing... In the redlight districts there are some people that can try to lure you into going in to some prostitutes, or strip bars or whatever.. just dont follow these sleasy bastards... if someone ever comes to you demanding money or being too annoying, just ignore the person and go into some store or smt...

as I said, amsterdam is quite safe.. I walked around at night, alone or with 1 friend, and didnt feel any fear at all... at most someone came to offer me cocaine, and I just said ´no´ and continued walking, or some weird dude came talking to me in the park and I said I had to go and went away...

so its cool man.. you´re gonna have fun, for sure

as for fullmoon:  havent been there, but im pretty sure its like most other german festivals:  possibility of roadblocks on the way.. but inside the festi its cool.. 

food? hmm, dont remember the prices..  was not cheap though.. what I suggest (and this is a good suggestion haha) is to buy some things in the supermarket...  Little snacks and whatever that you can keep in the tent...  Because if everytime you are a bit hungry you go buy smt, you´re gonna spend a lot of money..  but if you have just a couple of big meals a day, and the rest of snacks you already have bought for cheaper,  then its gonna be ok...

buses and stuff I dont know...  try to research more on that or ask someone (if there is a fullmoon official forum, you could ask there), but in general its always ok, there is never really any problem... organizers wouldnt make a big festival like that in germany if there wasnt enough transport means to get there

amsterdam: Walk a lot around (or bike), and have a map with you...  you can always ask someone for directions to some main road if you are lost..  General ´famous´ coffeeshops like ´bulldog´ are tourist traps...  I think I wrote some parks and places to go in that ´amsterdam´ thread... Dont stay only in coffeeshops smoking.. also go to parks, maybe some museum.. walk around without any aim...

Near the central station, there may be a few pickpockets, so dont have your wallet or passport in the front pocket of your backpack, where someone can take it without you noticing...  In the redlight districts there are some people that can try to lure you into going in to some prostitutes, or strip bars or whatever..  just dont follow these sleasy bastards...  if someone ever comes to you demanding money or being too annoying, just ignore the person and go into some store or smt...   

as I said, amsterdam is quite safe.. I walked around at night, alone or with 1 friend, and didnt feel any fear at all... at most someone came to offer me cocaine, and I just said ´no´ and continued walking, or some weird dude came talking to me in the park and I said I had to go and went away...   

so its cool man.. you´re gonna have fun, for sure

500255[/snapback]

Thanx again!!!

I will probably try to find a guide,not a tourist one though,to see where is everything.

I will also try to find some nice coffeshops and smartshops!

smartshops are like coffeeshops ,they are all over the place,or are there very few of them?

Thanx again!!!

I will probably try to find a guide,not a tourist one though,to see where is everything.

I will also try to find some nice coffeshops and smartshops!

smartshops are like coffeeshops ,they are all over the place,or are there very few of them?

500705[/snapback]

smartshops are not all over the place, though there are a few of them.. try to find some locations on the internet (but its still likely that if you´re walking around a lot you find a couple randomly)

as for a guide, the best tourist guides (judging from all the ones I seen so far) are from lonely planet.. they are not at all the touristy types.... the inverse, they are actually really the traveler´s sort of guide, written by people like us, with good tips and maps and all...

check it out at lonely planet .. they have city guides, like the amsterdam guide, and they also have country guides...

If you´re gonna buy one, I really suggest this one... I didnt specifically check the amsterdam one, but the morroco and the berlin one I saw were really good

• 2 weeks later...

smartshops are not all over the place, though there are a few of them.. try to find some locations on the internet (but its still likely that if you´re walking around a lot you find a couple randomly)

as for a guide, the best tourist guides (judging from all the ones I seen so far) are from lonely planet.. they are not at all the touristy types....  the inverse, they are actually really the traveller´s sort of guide, written by people like us, with good tips and maps and all... 

check it out at lonely planet  .. they have city guides, like the amsterdam guide, and they also have country guides... 

If you´re gonna buy one, I really suggest this one... I didnt specifically check the amsterdam one, but the morroco and the berlin one I saw were really good

500902[/snapback]

Hey just saw this!

thanks,i am going to keep my eyes open for those smartshops!

lonely planet guides look really good! :)

lineup for the festival is looking quite good(mostly for the dark artists and some good full-on) here is a link

Hey, I'm heading for the Fullmoon Festival this summer as well. It'll be my first outdoor psytrance/full on festival. B)

I don't think you need a Lonely Planet for Amsterdam (their quite expensive if you buy one for every place you go to :P ), just ask people in the streets. All Dutch people can speak decent English so they'll help you out. Oh, and Germans are nice people as wel ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I'm heading for the Fullmoon Festival this summer as well. It'll be my first outdoor psytrance/full on festival. B)

I don't think you need a Lonely Planet for Amsterdam (their quite expensive if you buy one for every place you go to  :P ), just ask people in the streets. All Dutch people can speak decent English so they'll help you out. Oh, and Germans are nice people as wel  ^_^

508145[/snapback]

hey cool,lets try and meet there! :)

well i allready bought it,not so expensive(12euros),anw it makes a good read!

do you live in amsterdam??? :)

518207[/snapback]

hey snowball ! even i'm planning for the festival... :)

and need some company.. :unsure:

and well.. i was thinking of amsterdam too.. :D not sure about it tho.. how much vil it cost approx. for a 2 day visit ??

518207[/snapback]

Sounds cool! Not shure how i'd reconize you though..

I do not live anywhere near Amsterdam, but I've been there a couple of times. It has a nice atmosphere, but not that much to do (unless you like hanging out in coffeeshops all day or if visit museums and prostitutes and stuff :P ). Try to avoid all the commercial crowdy stuff and you'll have a great time! :)

Sounds cool! Not shure how i'd reconize you though..

I do not live anywhere near Amsterdam, but I've been there a couple of times. It has a nice atmosphere, but not that much to do (unless you like hanging out in coffeeshops all day or if visit museums and prostitutes and stuff  :P ). Try to avoid all the commercial crowdy stuff and you'll have a great time! :)

519886[/snapback]

we will figure it out!

hmm ....

hanging out in coffeshops - :):):)

visiting museums - :):)

prostitutes - :):):):):)

stuff - :):):)

commercial crowdy stuff - :(:(:angry:<_<

:D

• 4 weeks later...

The line-up is complete now, and I think it's a great line-up for my first psytrance festival! Can't wait for five days of psy madness! Does anybody know what the groove floor is all about?

536362[/snapback]

yeah it looks nice!!

as for the groove floor i have no idea :lol:

I don't think so. I used to go to big Metal festivals when I was 14, so I don't see why there should be age restrictions on a psy trance festival.

538592[/snapback]

nah its ok the guys from fullmoon cleared this up!

No problem.....! :)

I wonder when the Fullmoon Festival Forum is going to be active. It has been under construction for quite some time. There's always a lot of good information on forums. B)

538648[/snapback]

not only the forum,but the entire site is sometimes unavailable,or half the stuff are missing or are dead links.

what are they doing? :huh:

• 3 weeks later...