"The Lone Deranger" or "Twisted"

Guest antic

Hard to tell, for me the lone deranger is more overrated than twisted because i want psychedelic trance music with modern sounding sound and scifi atmosphere like the old israelian style and green nuns of the revolution and on the album the lone derange all tracks sound dated, i must say this even if i like most tracks on the album, expecially gama goblins 2, trancepotter, horrorgramm and demention.

The Lone Deranger sounds a lot more modern.

424570[/snapback]

Than what, than twisted or what? Twisted has some tracks that sound old like fluoro neuro shponge and alpha centauri but it alzo has tracks like dark magus that sound modern. solstice or LSD are alzo tracks that don´t sound dated at all but deranger on the the lone deranger album for example sounds really old, of course this happens because he used a sh101 which was used the first time in the early 80 or even late 70, he knows how to use synthesicers but you can recognice the old sound in his tracks.

Neither is overrated though Twisted in my opinion is the better of the two.

On first hearing The Lone Deranger I thought it eclipsed Twisted and this feeling was reinforced when hearing it on numerous lsd and muchroom trips during the twilight years of the nineties. Time however is the true test and over the last three or four years I've enjoyed the first album much more than it's predecessor.

Than what, than twisted or what? Twisted has some tracks that sound old like fluoro neuro shponge and alpha centauri but it alzo has tracks like dark magus that sound modern. solstice or LSD are alzo tracks that don´t sound dated at all but deranger on the the lone deranger album for example sounds really old, of course this happens because he used a sh101 which was used the first time in the early 80 or even late 70, he knows how to use synthesicers but you can recognice the old sound in his tracks.

424583[/snapback]

Maybe so, but in the second album he uses much more advanced harmonies, more detailed soundscapes and also manages to put a lot more power into the songs.

EDIT: I can still see why you find Twisted more modern, as it is more "cyber" in the style.

eerrr, this topic was supposed to be a joke, you know - in response to all those numerous Posford topics recently :blink:

anyways, for me TLD is better - there were few albums similar to Twisted (Let's Turn On for example), but there were no albums similar to TLD in atmosphere, attention to detail, "musicality", trippyness etc.

Edited by antic

naah, just pulling your leg here..  :o  :D

eerrr, this topic was supposed to be a joke, you know - in response to all those numerous Posford topics recently :blink:

irony - that was the intention of the topic from the start!

if simon ever needs an ego boost,he should drop by this forum.

another posford topic every other day.

with all due respect (and there is alot) arnet there other artists in the scene?  :P

424682[/snapback]

maybe you´re right but about what should we talk then? I alzo think that we don´t speak much about the old times and the old psychedelic trance, i never have seen a topic from mfg or much other old artists, all people talk about the new artists that do fullon or something close to fullon, We should keep the real psychedelic artists and tracks alive so threads about simon don´t make me angry.

maybe you´re right but about what should we talk then? I alzo think that we don´t speak much about the old times and the old psychedelic trance, i never have seen a topic from mfg or much other old artists, all people talk about the new artists that do fullon or something close to fullon, We should keep the real psychedelic artists and tracks alive so threads about simon don´t make me angry.

424732[/snapback]

theres no need to keep things alive artificially.

424732[/snapback]

dude... open your mind and ears..

and eyes.

there have been numberless topics about oldskool artists here, even recently.. check'em..

i like both hallucinogen albums,but i would say the lone derenger is the is the better one atleast for me,i dont know about the overated stuff only that he made two good psychedelic goa trance albums..... :)

Whether you appreciate the Master's work is irrelevant, the fact is Simon Posford's death will trigger the destruction of our beloved planet. You might consider this bullshit but it is written in the Bible, the Quran and the Torah. Even Dr Seuss mentions it in one of his books.

424109[/snapback]

This belongs here too.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

On topic: It's a matter of taste and 'overratedness' is even more subjective term than 'taste'. So there is no answer. Stating something sucks (in other word 'I dont like something') is ok, but saying that something is 'overrated' is saying that 'Other people like it, but I dont' WTF? I cant see a point. I say its bullshit. Music cannot be over or underrated.

My opinion. Ill post it on the other thread too :)

fuck my man!what a topic! :blink:

which one is more overrated...as if we know which one is considered overrated... :blink:  :huh:

i am off the line but i'm fed up with these stuff <_<

425142[/snapback]

People, you really don't have a sense of humour, do you?

I opened this topic as a joke, meant to be ironic to all those Posford appreciation threads that appeared here recently.

My next topic will be:

"Which S. Posford's albums are considered overrated, but in reality are not?"

sheeesshh... :D

Shall i open the official Ace Ventura appreciation topic? :huh:

425487[/snapback]

Do as u wish Pavel but i would wait a bit with that one

maybe 3 years or so

People, you really don't have a sense of humour, do you?

I opened this topic as a joke, meant to be ironic to all those Posford appreciation threads that appeared here recently.

My next topic will be:

"Which S. Posford's albums are considered overrated, but in reality are not?"

sheeesshh... :D

425553[/snapback]

hehe very nice joke indeed antic but u know what they say,

Don't give up your dayjob just yet