Serious 303 abusers

el brujo

Guest The Journey Man Project

yuh... my mate has 2 x tb 303 with devilfish mods... really nice sounds, pushes it so far... he wants to get the cases remodelled... something like clear so you can see inside them... all you need is a teenie bit of liquid LsD, plug them in, and away you fly... I can easily spend an entire weekend just with those two babies and some drum machines.... I actually find most of the big synth (Virus, Novation, Nord) synths really boring compared to a TB 303... there is just something so powerful about a ripping acid lead...

I had a brief crush on UK acid, but it was so totally formulaic that it lost its charm almost immediately. I still have the vinyls and don't plan on selling them though.

One that had an extra nice 303 riff was this. And this. Oh, and this one is very cool. I've been offered £60 for it (!).

Edit: I think I have about 40 UK acid vinyls, all bought in about 2 months time. Out of these there are like 35 never play.

Real Acid, not acid-trance:

101 - Public Energy (aka Speedy J) : everybody played it from clubs to raves

Josh Wink - Higher state of Conciousness : hypnotic classick

Tim Taylor - Bang the acid : banging tune!

Woody McBride aka dj ESP : Rattlesnake : never fails

Acid Junkies: everything they ever did

& on the trance-tip: most of Hallucinogen's early work is made with whole rooms filled with 303...

yuh... my mate has 2 x tb 303 with devilfish mods... really nice sounds, pushes it so far... he wants to get the cases remodelled... something like clear so you can see inside them... all you need is a teenie bit of liquid LsD, plug them in, and away you fly... I can easily spend an entire weekend just with those two babies and some drum machines.... I actually find most of the big synth (Virus, Novation, Nord) synths really boring compared to a TB 303... there is just something so powerful about a ripping acid lead...

424210[/snapback]

The bad thing of the TB303´s is that they haven´t much things to modulate but with the resonance filter and so on they are still one of the best synths, some people say that the quality isn´t good but i don´t think so, the qulity of a tB303 is very good. I speak from the devilfish one´s because the normal tb303´s aren´t so good.

The bad thing of the TB303´s is that they haven´t much things to modulate but with the resonance filter and so on they are still one of the best synths, some people say that the quality isn´t good but i don´t think so, the qulity of a tB303 is very good. I speak from the devilfish one´s because the normal tb303´s aren´t so good.

424540[/snapback]

hey radi, do you own them both or have you used them alot?

:)

Guest The Journey Man Project

well I love the Babylon n Ting track but I doubt it is a 303, it is far to metallicsounding, never heard a 303 sound like that, unless they somehow recorded it and ran it through some fx programs... more than likely they got some other synth to doa 303 bubbly sound... 303's generally have a more liquidy sound, but you can push them to do other stuff like static etc. with the ability now to have a midi port installed in them I'm sure much more can be done... my fav is to run them through guitar fx pedals... like a good wah or distortion...from my readings and understanding, a lot of early goa was influenced by the 303 sound but not a huge amount actually used a 303... they actually seemed to use this baby Posted Image ( http://www.sonicstate.com/synth/sh101.cfm )

a helluve lot more, since goa is more melodic than acid trance and acid techno, it makes sense they would use something of a similar nature, but with keys to control the melody, instead of a tweaked acid line... if you bothered to read the technical link on Hallucinogen it says that the SH101 was the synth used on almost every track... also remeber to do a good job with a 303 takes a helluva lot of skill, they are pretty unstable machines... I"m shit with them, but my mate who has 2 can work wonders...

Edited by The Journey Man

well I love the Babylon n Ting track but I doubt it is a 303, it is far to metallicsounding, never heard a 303 sound like that, unless they somehow recorded it and ran it through some fx programs... more than likely they got some other synth to doa 303 bubbly sound... 303's generally have a more liquidy sound, but you can push them to do other stuff like static etc.  with the ability now to have a midi port installed in them I'm sure much more can be done... my fav is to run them through guitar fx pedals... like a good wah or distortion...from my readings and understanding, a lot of early goa was influenced by the 303 sound but not a huge amount actually used a 303... they actually seemed to use this baby Posted Image  ( http://www.sonicstate.com/synth/sh101.cfm )

a helluve lot more, since goa is more melodic than acid trance and acid techno, it makes sense they would use something of a similar nature, but with keys to control the melody, instead of a tweaked acid line... if you bothered to read the technical link on Hallucinogen it says that the SH101 was the synth used on almost every track... also remeber to do a good job with a 303 takes a helluva lot of skill, they are pretty unstable machines... I"m shit with them, but my mate who has 2 can work wonders...

427732[/snapback]

i see, gotta check closer ;)

and we are waitning for that trac that you two made :)!

Dunno about anyone else but all the OOOD releases up to 2001 contain real 303. Ours was given (along with a TR606) to Nigel by Thrash (ex Orb) in payment for a bunch of electronic work he did for the guy.

Dunno about anyone else but all the OOOD releases up to 2001 contain real 303.  Ours was given (along with a TR606) to Nigel by Thrash (ex Orb) in payment for a bunch of electronic work he did for the guy.

427873[/snapback]

so now you have nightmares :ph34r: ?!!!

:)