Favorite Posford Track

niobium

Agreed. When it comes to fucking around with and electronically sculpting the human voice there are none better.

420081[/snapback]

Beautifully put.

To the guy asking about the video game: I don't really know what it is like,

nor can I confirm that it is actually Simon. But honestly, a single Posford tune

is more valuable to me than several albums by most (read 99%) other musicians.

hey how are the ohter tracks there, coz i ám thinking of buying this album coz the hallucinogen track and if the rest is good why not.

420083[/snapback]

the rest is not very exciting.. quite boring stuff actually

...And The Day Turned to Night

Angelic Particles

the only tracks from the whole psy scene that I'd call masterpieces (Juno Reactor excluded)

419998[/snapback]

except of visually distorted you must also be acoustically distorted... :P

I don´t like Hallucinogen that much anymore coz the live is just in this time so hard that i need uplifting stuff and not melanchonic stuff, i don´t know why he can´t manage to do his music more uplifting. He knows to use his synths so well but he can´t manage at all to do the sound more uplifting, psytrance must make people happy and should be releaxing to get the energy for bad times. A bit more uplifting in his songs would make them so much better.

I don´t like Hallucinogen that much anymore coz the live is just in this time so hard that i need uplifting stuff and not melanchonic stuff, i don´t know why he can´t manage to do his music more uplifting. He knows to use his synths so well but he can´t manage at all to do the sound more uplifting, psytrance must make people happy and should be releaxing to get the energy for bad times. A bit more uplifting in his songs would make them so much better.

420718[/snapback]

I wouldn't characterize his stuff as melancholic but I could see how you

might have that opinion.

I wouldn't characterize his stuff as melancholic but I could see how you

might have that opinion.

420720[/snapback]

For example the song Deranger is much too melanchonic for me. Alzo the music is to normal for me compared to the great israelian artists like masters Astral Projection, of course i like the more uplifting songs from he like gama goblins 2 at the end and other songs but too much songs remind me on the fucking awful German landscape where i life, i hope i needn´t life there much, anyway this time i more prefer Israelian style coz it put´s my in other atmosphere´s and it´s easy for me to ignore the bad times, bad people and bad landscapes here. I know i go a bit offtopic but it is good to discuss not to linear. On the big towns in Germany it isn´t as worse but on the small villages you feel like you´re catched and you life in a time since 1906.

420718[/snapback]

psytrance shouldnt be more about uplifting... if i wanted uplifting trance there is plenty of eurotrance out there!!! but its only one part of the psychadelic triad of music for the body, mind, and soul. and uplifting psy only caters to one of the 3 neccesary psytrance styles. you are unbalanced if you prefer one over the other 2. you need derango for the mind, and, yes im serious here, 1200 mics for the body! (they at least give the mind and spirit a rest and focus mainly on the dance, thats why i think they are essential)

and i agree with cinos, i do think BT is pretty skilled in his unique effects up there with hallucinogen and infected mushroom (im a big fan too, i need variety and he does that poppy mainstream thing so well...)

This poll is getting rather interesting. I read an interview in which

Simon was asked which were his favorite (self-made) tracks. He

said they were: ...And The Day Turned To Night, Angelic Particles,

and Deranger IIRC. I think he may have said Snarling Black Mabel too.

So with the exception of the LSD votes, the voters ratings are in synch

with Simon.