Ugly Ducklings

seraph

Spit out all the albums that haven't been noticed much or considered as classics despite their stunning value...

Here is what I noticed :

OOOD - A Live ( 1997 )

How come that this classic haven't been noticed so much...There is AMAZING music on it, true psychedelia with heaps of pinches of indian flavours. I am still waiting for remastered, reprinted version of this classic.

Lunar Asylum - Lunar Asylum ( 1997 )

Here is another juicy psychedelic gem that hasn't been noticed that much. This music is very close to Dimension 5, only less melodic and more psychedelic, but all the time, pretty energetic and wild. A must for psychedelic lovers.

P.Cok - Acid Trooper ( 1998 )

Another very psychedelic album that wasn't succesfull and it's pretty good. If you still like old school and haven't heard this album, get it if you can...there are some not that good trax but there are also some crazy ones as well...

Chi-A.D. - Earth Crossing ( 2002 ) UNRELEASED

As I wrote a review a while back and said everything about, there is no need for further explanations, this brilliance hasn't been even released properly...:angry:

Add the albums you think that didn't get enough attention or haven't been taken for what they truly are. :rolleyes:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lunar Asylum - Lunar Asylum ( 1997 )

Here is another juicy psychedelic gem that hasn't been noticed that much. This music is very close to Dimension 5, only less melodic and more psychedelic, but all the time, pretty energetic and wild. A must for psychedelic lovers.

omg omg! ORLY? i MUST check this out now since i think D5 as being the masters of goa... they make everyone else sound like pop!

omg omg! ORLY? i MUST check this out now since i think D5 as being the masters of goa... they make everyone else sound like pop!

419752[/snapback]

Oh yes, but bare in mind that is NOT as good as D5, but it is from the same period, done in similar style...;)

Golikem - Atmadelica

Wierdest freaking prog fusion i have come across in a while... it's tribal, it's prog, its trippy, it can be akward, but it's original ;)

Magnetrixx - Phase Shift

This is one of the finest minimal /full on/prog albums ever... period...

Planet BEN - test

apparently people were not very fond of his 'test'... i was before he decided to go 'full on'. It's a loungey mixture of techno like beats seems rather minimal but on the dancefloor, tweaked well must do wonders... don't hear it often, don't even have it with me, but very interesting double album nevertheless. i liked it

Oh yes, but bare in mind that is NOT as good as D5, but it is from the same period, done in similar style...;)

419753[/snapback]

not that I degrade Lunar Asylum's album... I realy like this style (and Van Halen is the BEST track on that cd) it sounds it was made on Impulse Tracker...

Element - Full Moon: totally bashed when it came out (here & other places) mainly because it had vocals.

Timetech - Notes: side project of Haldolium & sometimes way better than the main project.

LSG - The Hive: most ppl considder this ons of his weaker effort, I DON'T :P

V/A - Alien Airport - golden combination of a great trance cd & a superb chill disc

Tromesa - Pasma Czasu

One off my all time favorite, one off the most technical music ... really great. But it seem never people talk about this one.

420052[/snapback]

Well, you must consider that the album was released only in Poland and nowadays it's impossible to get it even here (my copy got stolen and I can't find another one :(). I have to say, that their second album ("Gdyby...") is much better IMO in terms of sound, production, ideas etc. It still sounds fresh today, even if it was released in 1998 :)

what about ololiuqui - reverse engineering  ?

anyone got it?

i m sure i ve mentioned it before since its one of my favs...

420441[/snapback]

Oh yes, I am still chasing it somewhere since I've heard before that it was very good and I was expecting since I've heard some of their singles on Spirit Zone compilations...*goes searching*

OOOD - A Live ( 1997 )

How come that this classic haven't been noticed so much...There is AMAZING music on it, true psychedelia with heaps of pinches of indian flavours. I am still waiting for remastered, reprinted version of this classic.

419750[/snapback]

wow Seraph, thankyou very much - very flattering... I'll tell the lads! It would be a fair amount of work to remaster the album (although I did design some new artwork for it a few years ago as people still as us for copies now and again) but if enough people were to express an interest I'd definitely consider it. What's more exciting to me though is the prospect of re-engineering some of the tracks on that album (and others from the Time of Good Trance) and bringing them bang up-to-date production-wise but without fiddling with the writing/arrangement at all. We've already remixed Kundalini a couple of times ;) and Silence, Spangled, Otherworld and perhaps a couple of others are also on the list. It's a question of time and priorities - I've got a couple of projects on the go as it is right now. B)

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

Element - Full Moon: totally bashed when it came out (here & other places) mainly because it had vocals.

Timetech - Notes: side project of Haldolium & sometimes way better than the main project.

LSG - The Hive: most ppl considder this ons of his weaker effort, I DON'T :P

V/A - Alien Airport - golden combination of a great trance cd & a superb chill disc

420001[/snapback]

Wrong, i supported it when it was released & i wasn't alone in the review section of the different tranceboards.

Concerning OOOD - A Live i agree, same thing for Digital Sun (Sebastian Krueger aka SBK + Linus Wessel aka Spacefish & Victor Harder) The Spiral Of Power album released on Polytox & re-released on Novatekk.