Festival Line Up

thebadtrip

elysium : are you aware of this style called suomi cuz you seem constantly neglecting the fact that they did an effort to book some really good suomi artists (the main reason why I consider going to the festival )

eraser vs yöjalka

haltya

kiwa

loopus in fabula (from italy but his style is pure suomi)

squaremeat (ok I know you didn't like his last album but a lot of others did)

texas faggott

there is still is some music out there that is nor killarh nor chill out nor progressive

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

elysium : are you aware of this style called suomi cuz you seem constantly neglecting the fact that they did an effort to book some really good suomi artists (the main reason why I consider going to the festival )

eraser vs yöjalka

haltya

kiwa

texas faggott

there is still is some music out there that is nor killarh nor chill out nor progressive

417392[/snapback]

Lepton, forget it, he hates suomi/finish psy.

Guest Elysium

eraser vs yöjalka

haltya

kiwa

texas faggott

417392[/snapback]

yes I know what it is and have heard it too. Does not really make a difference to me sorry. It's not my cup of tea at all. To weird and in my opinion most of those Finish artist try way too hard to be weird which in my opion just makes it even more worse. But as I said it's about taste and i am not trying to bash them. I just really dont like most of their music.

But basically from the beginning this debate was about comparing the Brazilian Festival with Soulclipse. When it come to variety.

Guest Elysium

Lepton, forget it, he hates suomi/finish psy.

417393[/snapback]

Again who said I "hate" anything? That comment have to be on your account. I do not hate anything or anyone. I dislike some music which is ok. You dont like all music too.

And is it ok to ask you to stop hitting return with your stupid comments whenever you see someone (mostly me for some reason) dont like your favorite artists and prefered music taste? Debate normal and polite or stay out of it.

Guest The Journey Man Project

I can;t see one act or dj in that line up I'd pay to see sorry... now the Twsited Records gig advertised in party section, well that's an amazing line up, the chill out sections alone are worth the cost B) This one just looks like well, boring...

Again who said I "hate" anything?  That comment have to be on your account. I do not hate anything or anyone. I dislike some music which is ok. You dont like all music too. 

And is it ok to ask you to stop hitting return with your stupid comments whenever you see someone (mostly me for some reason) dont like your favorite artists and prefered music taste?  Debate normal and polite or stay out of it.

417398[/snapback]

there was nothing unpolite about my post.

and no, it's not ok for you to ask me stuff. especially what to write on forums.

to me this is not a debate, this is about the line-up that thebadtrip posted.

and this thread is not about you, don't make it one.

Guest Elysium

there was nothing unpolite about my post.

and no, it's not ok for you to ask me stuff. especially what to write on forums.

to me this is not a debate, this is about the line-up that thebadtrip posted.

and this thread is not about you, don't make it one.

417407[/snapback]

You started your dumbsmart comment about me as you always do - over and over again for a long time now! I did not mention you or even see you in this debate before your dumbsmart comment about me Moni.. Do your job as a Mod correct or get back to be a normal member if you can not devide your Mod status from the private person Monica. You get my first report today and I will continue reporting you until you stop your endless silly and annoying comments about me here on psynews. We used to be friends. We are not anymore and thats how it will stay from now on. So act as a Mod toward me and moderate me if I break the rules here. Do not act as a bitter person who cant seem to stop her endless stupid small comments!

The lineup does not impress me too much, not my cup of tea, and I would not go to a festival like that.

And a comment about finish "trance". I do not like it at all, but then again, its more "genuine" than most of the music that comes out these days, so I have to give them mad props for that.

At the end of the day, its about taste, and I think we should all respect eachothers taste. If you post a lineup, and people find it "crap", you should be able to take that criticizm. Or am I totally wrong?

People cant have the same taste, and I hope we will never have the same taste, the world would become soooooo boring! :)

Thats my 2 cents to this thread....

Guest Elysium

Kristian, there was nothing bitter in my post. you're paranoid.

i will now ignore you.

417416[/snapback]

Stop being so damn innocent . You are no angel Moni. Maybe you can convince a few people here that you are all "innocent". But you and I know that you have constantly for a long time been making small personal comments on many of the things I write here. You go off your rocket if I make a "joke" in YOUR topics and now you got the nerve to call me Paranoid? You really are somthing Moni.

Maybe I should gather all the personal comments from you in one thread so you yourself see how many you have done? Or quote your personal messages where you sure do nto act anywhere near the Moni you like people to see in public.

So just stop your comments. Stop hitting that return key and leave me alone Moni.

And if you in the future got any more smart comments then I suggest you take it private or simply think before you hit return.

Now I wont take up more of this topic. Sorry for the off-topic but I am done with not saying anything everytime you post comments pointing at me Moni.

Edited by Elysium

yes I know what it is and have heard it too. Does not really make a difference to me sorry. It's not my cup of tea at all. To weird and in my opinion most of those Finish artist try way too hard to be weird which in my opion just makes it even more worse. But as I said it's about taste and i am not trying to bash them. I just really  dont like most of their music.

417395[/snapback]

We are not trying to be at all wierd... we try to make it just Psychedelic and interesting. not wierd at all. I think this wierdnes is just big cross what we have to carry here in finland, but realy we don´t like it. Many details just make music interesting for us And we like melodys here... so for me it is just wery hard to make prog trance even I try many times.

pepe

squaremeat

Well about the variety of styles I think Soulclipse is a winner

This is the most diverse line up I have ever seen and it is good

Normally big parties is not my cup of tea

I like small small parties in remote locations but that doesnt matter now-

When my friends ask me how big is the line up or how varied the line up is, my I answer is "it is so big and varied even I am playing :)"

The good part about it is most people I ve met along the road for years are coming down for this one, I do not care much about who is playing but I care about who comes to see these guys :)

eh and there are some artists I ve missed and some artists I loved and could ve never listened like kris himself. Its different for everyone. I personally do not like full on but remember being crazy at a festie (full moon 2 years ago) when it was playing because the totality of the experience was incredible at that moment, not only music...

I also enjoy djs more than artists cause they can play any artist they prefer but artists chooses mostly to play their own tracks, and there used to be and still are very good djs, after all the main reason I got into electronic music scene was because I did not have to watch and adore big names but just get into the music itself. Anyways I am heading offtopic.

The lesson of the day: Soulclipse is the biggest and most diverse line up ever in a psy festie as long as I ve seen (diverse staying in the psyscene, or else there are festies even with rock, elektro and psy together)

Looks like a really nice line-up indeed!

Not enough proggy stuff for my taste, but still looking good...

But the Soulclipse roster is by far the most impressive I've éver seen.

Then again, 7 days on 3 stages is like VooV x 3, so I guess they didn' have to make any choices, they just got'em all ;)

Guest Elysium

Sorry about that ... It was bit off topic but I got offended :D

anyway I hope you have killer party there at Brasil.... it looks good

pepe

417442[/snapback]

I did not mean to offend you. I just dont like most of the Suomi music. That's an honest opinion. That does not mean I do not respect you as an artist or person.

And you should always do the music you love. Not make music because it's "in" :)

Edited by Elysium

Guest Elysium

Mayby you come to listen our gig in turkey and you will change your mind becouse our sound been changing too quite lot

:D

pepe

417447[/snapback]

I sure will (If I am not playing at the same time). I am openminded and will always listen to people's music as I do daily :)

Just dont expect miracles when it come to me and Suomi music :)

But you got a deal and a challenge to "convert" me ;) hehe

:)

Mayby you come to listen our gig in turkey and you will change your mind becouse our sound been changing too quite lot

:D

pepe

417447[/snapback]

Sorry for the off topic... Squaremeat Changing style? :)

My dear Krell :)

You have a habit of taking things too literaly ;)

But thank you for the correction and the time you took to count hehe. I still think there's a long way to call any of these artist progressive. Except for a few. But I guess that's taste.

As I see it. The last 10 artist are a mix of Full0n/Progressive (Neo Full-on?) progressive (absolut and ticon etc.) and minimal. While the rest of the lineup is fullon and dark.

If we have to be totally fixated on counting and percentages my conclusing would be like this:

72% Fullon/Dark

10% Fullon/progressive (Neo-Full on?)

6 % Minimal

12% progressive

PS.  You should know artist released on 3D Vision are fullon ;)

And saikopod have never been progressive. Only their remixes from other artist were progressive. Saiko(pop) is a crossover between pop and psytrance.

417387[/snapback]

Yeah, the artist one 3D vision should be full on, unless its actually chillout ;-) They release that as well.

No matter what, I think its a lineup with different kinds of music, not just full on or progressive.

But admit it, you wont be happy unless its all progressive anyway heheh.

I think, the BIG questionmark regarding the lineup is the DJs - They will hopefully play longer 2-3 hour sets at least (or even more) - So, they could in the end be responsible for a lot of the festivals sound.

DJs dont get that much exposure, and I dont know that many of them.

Best Wishes

Krell

The good part about it is most people I ve met along the road for years are coming down for this one, I do not care much about who is playing but I care about who comes to see these guys :)

417437[/snapback]

That's me coming to this festival.. ;)

And.. you guys asked... here's a list of those I know..

LIVES

BURN IN NOISE ( Vagalume) BR ->>> GOOD FULL ON, check thread about opinion on full on track, Tatsu posted in there, had the music @ home.

OXYD ( Plusquan / Vagalume) BR ->>> PROGRESSIVE, I find it rather good!

DJ'S

Tati(Tropical Beats) BR -> PROGRESSIVE!

Mack (Spun rec) BR -> FULL ON

Matera ( Tropical Beats ) BR -> PROGRESSIVE!

Pedrão (Vagalume rec) ->> GOOOOOD PROGGIE! (more electroish/housy)

Flow & Zeo ( Tropical Beats) BR -->> GOOOD PROG HOUSE!

JP ( TIP World) -->> GREAT FULL ON! BEst Brazilian Full On DJ IMHO! Outstanding set @ Universo Paralello!

Du Serena (Tribe /Solares) BR ->> COMMERCIAL FULL ON.

Dahan ( Tribe / Solares ) BR ->> I've heard both progressive and full on from him.. but usually plays prog!

Daniel X Shamamix (Wild Artist Management ) NL/BR >> Crap full on (Shamamix... haha I hate this guy!)