D-Nox & Beckers

amphiton

you people made me curious :)

Concerning the genre I have to smile, for I have been thinking of that the synthesis of prog-psy and house will come already for more than a year and a half. And it's actually something I appreciate ... the groove is a very good contrast to the full-on and other aggressive blasting psy music of nowadays. I always have been on the prog side ... you know, it's good to run to.

And I checked out D-Nox & Beckers (didn't know them before, seriously!).

What made me curious was that Paul Van Dyk mentioned a track of them in an interview and now I see people on here talking about them and saying it's a merge between prog-psy and house ... sounded not uninteresting.

Ckecked out their track Jet Lag Slave. And it's not bad. Indeed a merge between housish music and some prog ... yeh, not bad. Will check out more.

(I KNEW I'd switch into more housy directions one day! I KNEW! I frecking KNEW!)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard things that I wont talk about here.. but what a friend did see himself (and I was there in the later part of this story):

in Alto Paraiso, dnox was staying in this small hotel/bed and breakfast place that a friend of mine was too.. He wanted something (I dont remember exactly what).. and he was asking this humble guy who worked here for what he wanted... But the guy didnt speak english (like most brazillians dont)

and d-nox kept insisting that the guy had to understand him.. He was being quite agressive, really making the guy feel super-bad, be ashamed....

and this lady was translating for the guy, but dnox was like: "no, I dont want you to translate, HE has to speak english, its his obligation" (or smt like that.. ).. and the humble worker was really unconfortable with it.. later a friend went to talk to the poor guy.. and the guy said like: 'what can I do, he wants me to speak english, but I dont! I never had the money and nor the opportunity for it.. this sucks, I feel bad"

now tell me thats a good attitude of his? sorry but even if Im super stressed out, I would never humiliate some poor humble worker for something he simply cant do

and another time, when dnox posted some mix in isratrance.. the link was of a streamed set... so my friend friendly asked dnox if there was a downloadable link, and he very harshly answered NO... but then of course there was a downloadable link, and it was posted on isratrance by this other guy...

plus other stories...

maybe he was stressed on all these times, maybe whatever else happened.. but when I see some things, and hear many others about this person, its hard to not form an opinion... maybe he's a nice guy and im mistaken, but maybe he's a nice guy sometimes, and a not-nice-at-all guy at other times, and you all just didnt see this other side of him ;)

The first part doesn't sound like it took place. Maybe it's a misunderstanding or something..

420971[/snapback]

it happened

I dont really care though, his music and dj skills are still good, and thats what matters.. im not planning on being his groupie or becoming a close friend, so...

Where you there?

420974[/snapback]

I was there when my friend talked to the guy after it happened.

I was there when my friend talked to the guy after it happened.

420977[/snapback]

So the guy who worked at the hotel. He said "D-Nox insisted that I should talk english and some girl would have even translated but he insisted I should be able to"?

So the guy who worked at the hotel. He said "D-Nox insisted that I should talk english and some girl would have even translated but he insisted I should be able to"?

420978[/snapback]

I posted what he said when I wrote the story..

my friend went up to the guy and said smt like 'sucks what happened heh? but never mind him' and the guy said smt like (copying from other post) ''what can I do, he wants me to speak english, but I dont! I never had the money and nor the opportunity for it.. this sucks, I feel bad'

and I dont know how your friends are, but my friend wouldnt like about something like that, and his lie be consistent enough with what the guy said...

it happened, traveller... maybe he was stressed, or whatever, but I dont care, it was a bad attitude...

so i gotta say,grow up and dont talk crap,especially not on good hearted people such as in this case - or at least have some balls to let us know what the hell you are talking about.

420623[/snapback]

please have some more respect, will you?

i think you are the one who surely lacks respect here.

of course its an open forum and everyone has the right to state his opinion.

but the stuff you wrote based on that story is just wrong im my book.

my opinion,of course.

421000[/snapback]

see, now I have no problem with what you wrote.. you can say that you dont agree with me, sure..

but saying 'grow up and stop talking crap' is not the best way to say it...

well whatever, I guess we all had enough of this already..

Guest Elysium

i think you are the one who surely lacks respect here.

of course its an open forum and everyone has the right to state his opinion.

but the stuff you wrote based on that story is just wrong im my book.

my opinion,of course.

421000[/snapback]

Do you know the guy? have you met him? I have and I like Christian but I have also met his other side and it's not nice. Now I dont judge him. We can all have bad days and be stressed. I know I am not an angel too. But stop making it look like Alien make up stories. I trust Aliens word and as I said. I have also met Christian's not so nice side.

He's not the first to treat native workers bad and for sure not the last. I could tell some stories about your "stars" in this scene (not directed at you Ace). But it's not my job.

Edited by Elysium

Do you know the guy? have you met him?  I have and I like Christian but I have also met his other side and it's not nice. Now I dont judge him. We can all have bad days and be stressed. I know I am not an angel too. But stop making it look like Alien make up stories. I trust Aliens word and as I said. I have also met Christian's not so nice side.

He's not the first to treat native workers bad and for sure not the last.  I could tell some stories about your "stars" in this scene (not directed at you Ace). But it's not my job.

421008[/snapback]

1st of all yes i do know the guy.

i didn't meet his "other" side though and like u said everyone has bad days and this incident may have occur indeed,yet i dont think its enough to make the conclusions Sherlock made,especially when he wasn't there.There are many ego maniac shitheads in the scene but from MY experience christian isnt one of them.

other than that you are right though i'm not arguing B)

and i thought we have settled this already,as i said perhaps i was abit harsh and will try to be a good boy in the future,for the sake of this forum and all mankind

Hi everyone... it seems to me that all creative process stops when u start being conservative about nu things coming.... i´ve been in trance parties since 95, and where would we be now if the sound in those parties hadnt developed?? still listening to Sandman, ha?? aarrrrgghhh!!! as far as i´m concerned, D-nox & Beckers are really doing something nu, but it seems to me that many opinions here are really quite old and conservative.

Please dont try to define what is psychedelic or groovy because those are personal definitions, diferent for everyone... And this guys are really rockin thousands of people around the globe, makin them feel nu things with music - and thats what counts!!

The reason for their sucess is simple: They are making it from the heart !!!... and the day we stop accepting nu musical ideas for this scene, will be the day trance dies!

Seph

The reason for their sucess is simple: They are making it from the heart !!!... and the day we stop accepting nu musical ideas for this scene, will be the day trance dies!

Seph

421656[/snapback]

cool, so Britney Spears and all the other ultra pop stars are so succesfull because they made their music from the heart? :lol:

Their succes imo is more simply... The music is easier to get into as the more crazy stuff (finnish, dark, some old school,...) which means people of many scenes will like them... And if they do belong in the psychedelic scene... naah, they used to at least (with Space Safari), but the music they make now is not anymore IMO

Sorry, but after all this bullshit i have to reply again... Chris D-nox is one of my good friends in life, so maybe i tell u a bit about this guy, Sherlock : on the human side of the question, i dont really think any of that story existed, simple!! Chris grew up ina humble environment in eastern germany (before the berlin wall fall, remember?) and is a really simple guy that just doesnt mistreat any worker... or anybody else, for that matter!! ... i could continue this subject for a long time, but i think u get the idea.... please check better on the source of that story because we all know how brasilians like this blablabla and anything is a good subject for a forum... come on!!

From the artistic side of Chris, i can only say this : i wish more Djs and artists were giving so much of themselves to this scene as he is ...we would have a lot to win from this attitude.

Hope u finally got the picture, sherlock, and start giving more constructive subjects to this forum... or get a girlfriend, maybe!

Seph

Sorry, but after all this bullshit i have to reply again... Chris D-nox is one of my good friends in life, so maybe i tell u a bit about this guy, Sherlock : on the human side of the question, i dont really think any of that story existed, simple!! Chris grew up ina humble environment in eastern germany (before the berlin wall fall, remember?) and is a really simple guy that just doesnt mistreat any worker... or anybody else, for that matter!! ... i could continue this subject for a long time, but i think u get the idea.... please check better on the source of that story because we all know how brasilians like this blablabla and anything is a good subject for a forum... come on!!

From the artistic side of Chris, i can only say this : i wish more Djs and artists were giving so much of themselves to this scene as he is ...we would have a lot to win from this attitude.

Hope u finally got the picture, sherlock, and start giving more constructive subjects to this forum... or get a girlfriend, maybe!

Seph

421675[/snapback]

Blah..Sherlock is one of the guys who contributes the most to this forum in my opinion and I certainly don´t think I am the only one who thinks that. Maybe you should also check your facts before you start talking crap about others... And generalising about Brasilians that way...LAME.

bah...

whatever man...

thanks d3lirious, btw..

please check better on the source of that story because we all know how brasilians like this blablabla and anything is a good subject for a forum... come on!!

Seph

421675[/snapback]

pretty funny post