D-Nox & Beckers

amphiton

I skip their tracks and remixes. I mean how far a proggy_psytrance/disco_house crossover can go? All I've heard from them is ass-shaking disco-electro-house club music and they are so popular at the moment (it's sad) - every single respected label features their tracks at theit copilations (V/A - Street Art (Tribal Vision), V/A - Globalize (Flow), V/A - Joyride (Candyflip)) and thank God next Iboga's compil won't have their name to it (really something to look forward to).

Remember israeli commercial teenage full on bashing? Well, Europe strikes back! ...and no, I'm not talking about quality here.

Discuss.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like a matter of personal taste to me?

I think their tracks like "My number one" or the tracks of Globalize or Streetart are some of the best I've heard in the last 2 years.

If you respect labels like Flow & Tribal Vison so much, than you must agree that these ppl will NOT include tracks they don't like themselves just because they will sell well???

Anyway, D-Nox last promo mix even includes a track by Tiga, not my cup of T either, but he's spinning the tracks he wants, so why the hell not?

Guest Elysium

I can appriciate that taste is taste but amphiton that was a bit "psy" elitist in MY opinion of course ;)

D-Nox & Beckers (mostly Beckers) got a unique sound. 99.9% of fullon dont!

I kinda like their style... However, I never really got the fuzz regarding Beckers  - Switch...

/DP

416522[/snapback]

Theres lyrics in the track that people can identify with - also, its easy to spot the track at a party and start talking about it - Therefore it gets hyped :-)

Like Eskimo "party pooper" or astral projection "people can fly" etc - Voice samples and singing make tracks recognisable - even better if you sample some pop or rock track, that way even more people can join in and perhaps even sing along (skazi).

I dont like the electro house / trance thing either for the most part, but there are always exceptions - as for "Switch" I think it sucks. I dont think its that unique either, its just not that much what has been played within the psy scene so far.

Hyper Hyper

Krell

Guest Elysium

Theres lyrics in the track that people can identify with - also, its easy to spot the track at a party and start talking about it - Therefore it gets hyped :-)

Like Eskimo "party pooper" or astral projection "people can fly" etc - Voice samples and singing make tracks recognisable - even better if you sample some pop or rock track, that way even more people can join in and perhaps even sing along (skazi).

I dont like the electro house / trance thing either for the most part, but there are always exceptions - as for "Switch" I think it sucks.

Hyper Hyper

Krell

416732[/snapback]

You'll be converted in no time or I will deal with you Young man :angry:

:P

You'll be converted in no time or I will deal with you Young man  :angry:

:P

416735[/snapback]

Hehe, your gonne beat me up ? Gonna feed me McDonalds food till I sucumb ? :-)

I liked these tracks.

D-Nox & Beckers "My Number One (T.N.T RMX)"

Atmos "Raumwelt Signal(H.Cattaneo & J.Tonks RMX)"

Influq "Joyride"

If I dont remember they are abit along the same line - And I liked those. Mainly in "switch" its the lyrics I dont like.

Best Wishes

Krell

I'm really extremely sick of "The Switch", probably as sick as one can possibly be from one single song, but still, whenever its played at a party, people go insane. So I guess the results speak for themselves.

As for D-Nox & beckers in general, I also think they are somewhat overhyped, but I still like their stuff, it very well done and always gets the floor moving.

Guest Elysium

Hehe, your gonne beat me up  ? Gonna feed me McDonalds food till I sucumb ? :-)

I liked these tracks.

D-Nox & Beckers "My Number One (T.N.T RMX)"

Atmos "Raumwelt Signal(H.Cattaneo & J.Tonks RMX)"

Influq "Joyride"

If I dont remember they are abit along the same line - And I liked those. Mainly in "switch" its the lyrics I dont like.

Best Wishes

Krell

416743[/snapback]

I will beat you up with en dansk rød pølse :angry::)

Try these:

Can Costa : Che Malakita - D-Nox & Beckers Mix

Flash Brothers : Past Will Be Future - D-Nox & Beckers Mix

I thought you were complaining about their electro-house stuff being released in 'prog trance' compilations.

In Brazil most people can't freaken tell which tracks fit into the genres.. Of course there's a lot of stuff that could be classified into some different categories.. But people say that Tiga, some D-Nox & Beckers etc.. is progressive trace.. like Son Kite's Colours album :blink:

"oh... ass shaking progressive!! Great party!"

:lol:

I'm also very sick of Switch (and it doesn't help that more remixes come out every month)... but D-Nox and Beckers have some good material out there. Most of it is just house or electro or whatever, "progressive" in the sense that it's high-quality production but nothing more... Beckers' Road Movie is an all right tune not mentioned yet... and D-Nox has a cool one Seven Hours? I think it was called... anyway I did like that when I gave it a spin. Plus I will admit, Jet Lag Slave is rockin' - one of the better electro tunes I've stumbled across. Psychedelic? No... but it doesn't always have to be, and a little dose of the non-vocally stuff from D & B can compliment a night of frenzied electronics quite nicely.

I'm also very sick of Switch (and it doesn't help that more remixes come out every month)... but D-Nox and Beckers have some good material out there. Most of it is just house or electro or whatever, "progressive" in the sense that it's high-quality production but nothing more... Beckers' Road Movie is an all right tune not mentioned yet... and D-Nox has a cool one Seven Hours? I think it was called... anyway I did like that when I gave it a spin. Plus I will admit, Jet Lag Slave is rockin' - one of the better electro tunes I've stumbled across. Psychedelic? No... but it doesn't always have to be, and a little dose of the non-vocally stuff from D & B can compliment a night of frenzied electronics quite nicely.

417037[/snapback]

Seven Hours is a kick ass tune!! I bought the single in vinyl and it rocks...

Jet Lag Slave is also another incredible track.. has been working on dance floors for a lil time already now.

I don't like the Switch track either... It is actually nothing "original" about that track in my opinion... Pure commercial disco house which has existed for many years allready... I like several tracks by this project, but this one makes me jump off the dance floor... For me this one is not at all more original sounding than any full on these days... But, it's a hit that has been played a lot by progressive house djs, and for some strange reason, it is appreciated by a lot of psytrancers too... Most boring summer hit at festivals 2005... Sorry! Just had to say it..;)

And while we are at it... Electro is for me VERY oldschool! Electro is something I was listening more to in early 90's... It was big in the late 80's too... It's cool that some artists manages to make this old sound become new in a way, but in my opinion, too many prog artists went this direction in 2005... Almost everybody does the same, exactly what they do in the full on scene... Some artist does it well, others don't...

Psytrance Karaoke, anyone?

Just picture yourself in a seedy local bar, overproduced kicks coming out of the stereo, and some drunken old-timer belting out "run run run to the citttties of the fuuusha babe!"

417056[/snapback]

Haha how funny - I was just writing basicly the exact same thing in another danish forum.

One of my friends, dj raider(3d vision), is playing at an infected mushroom party and complained because he would play nothing but IM killargh tracks normally and now all his track selection was gone (that was a joke of course).

So, I told him he should bring a microphone and do a karaoke live vocal remix version of all their tracks instead :-)

Someone must have hacked my brain - Guess it wasnt that hard afterall:-)

Best Wishes

Krell

Psytrance Karaoke, anyone?

Just picture yourself in a seedy local bar, overproduced kicks coming out of the stereo, and some drunken old-timer belting out "run run run to the citttties of the fuuusha babe!"

417056[/snapback]

:lol::D

And while we are at it... Electro is for me VERY oldschool! Electro is something I was listening more to in early 90's... It was big in the late 80's too... It's cool that some artists manages to make this old sound become new in a way, but in my opinion, too many prog artists went this direction in 2005... Almost everybody does the same, exactly what they do in the full on scene... Some artist does it well, others don't...

417077[/snapback]

Exactly. I just got fucked up with the latest progressive compilation - couldn't find anything interesting, only cheesy house :( So I have to look back to begining of 2005 and 2004 to find something worth listening.

I can appriciate that taste is taste but amphiton that was a bit "psy" elitist in MY opinion of course ;)

D-Nox & Beckers (mostly Beckers) got a unique sound. 99.9% of fullon dont!

416677[/snapback]

Well, I just don't like that the progressive psytrance is turning into disco house, that's all.

I understand you guys fully.

But I believe some of you are being too radical. Not sure if that's true, but seems you are getting so picky on what's being played out there that you're not enjoying gigs and all.

My musical taste has been changing a lot lately - Infected's Supervisor in Dec04 to Tiga/Dnox/Ticon now..

I'm new to trance and most electronic music actually.. but the scene here is small, I don't have that many options at all, but I still like to go to a party and dance a bit, have a beer and meet friends, try to listen to what they're playing. Who knows if I'll like it or not most of the time..

I leave my radical criticism and personal taste to where I can decide what plays or not.. My bed room, car stereo or mp3 player.. my decks.

Not to mention most people - I wouldn't say here tho.. - are not even caring much about our complaints/comments.

Do you know what I mean?

And yeah - I agree most 'progressive' releases I listened to this year went towards house/electro.

they (specially beckers) make awesome party music

great stuff to listen both in clubs and outdoors.. and its very good to see those girls shaking to it :D

imo it's not as refined for home listening as other stuff like antix or chable, but its much better than most of these psy whatever music people listen to

best tracks imo are:

flash brothers - past will be the future (dnox and beckers mix)

audacity - my brand new desire (beckers remix)

can kosmas - che malakita (dnox and beckers mix)

you're a star (club version)

road movie

btw, as for tiga.. tiga makes some very weird and many times not-so-nice music.. but the one dnox plays in some of his mixes, 'you gonna want me' is quite good, with catchy vocals