The new Hallucinogen remix is so full-on

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes you think that Simon wouldn't go Full On? Everybody does why not him?

415239[/snapback]

I just want to add that projects like The Delta, Spirallianz, Midi Miliz etc... will never go full on.... its an arpegiator curse..!!

All the Greats have gone commercial... face it :) On the other hand they have already done everything they could to the scene and you cant demand anything!

This culture isn't Simon, Raja, Goa Gil, IM or AP. It's time for new faces and new dimensions.

415340[/snapback]

Word..

All the Greats have gone commercial... face it :) On the other hand they have already done everything they could to the scene and you cant demand anything!

415340[/snapback]

I disagree and feel the greats have merely scratched the surface of what is possible in their respective genres.

It's peculiar but everyone's such a sensationalist these days. An artist, responsible for what many consider are the two greatest albums the scene has ever produced (Twisted and Are You Shpongled?), releases a remix that's below average and suddenly everyone thinks he's lost it and is done for.

It's rather queer.

And you know what's even more queer? In this scene a lot of people feel personally offended when an artist they adore dares to release a track they don't like. Maybe it's the same in other scenes but it's something I haven't seen often outside psy.

• 4 weeks later...

Kinda funny, Simon said in an interview (on Psynews?) that he preferred working as Sphongle rather than Hallucinogen because it allowed him to experiment more rather than using a fixed formula. Apply that how you want to apply it.

But whatever. A track can be great no matter who the artist is. A track can be shit no matter who the artist is. Judge on track, or even part of a track, instead of on artist, pseudonym, cd or label. Acknowledge that you're generalizing when you do the latter. Also the reason i don't like other people's radios, mixes and parties. I, for one, only love 1 Eskimo track, 1 Shakta track, 1 Star-X track, 1 Alternative Control track, 1 Dali track, etcetera. The rest they made is all... pretty much mediocre to me.

OTOH i tend to agree this phenomenon develops space for new artists and new labels who like to release that oldschool sound a small but vocal minority tends to like. So don't worry, the world doesn't stop when Posford experiments or as some would put it "sells out" plus i suppose Sphongle is alive and kicking.

I disagree and feel the greats have merely scratched the surface of what is possible in their respective genres.

It's peculiar but everyone's such a sensationalist these days. An artist, responsible for what many consider are the two greatest albums the scene has ever produced (Twisted and Are You Shpongled?), releases a remix that's below average and suddenly everyone thinks he's lost it and is done for.

It's rather queer.

417612[/snapback]

agreed, are you shpongled is the best shpongle album and really art, but i don´t know if hallucinogen twisted or the infinity project, feeling weird better is. 1 point is clear, feeling weird is more psychedelic than hallucinogen - twisted

Boring source material = boring/generic remix

Remember the Hallucinogen remix of Stimuli from 2004, that wasn't too bad was it?

415320[/snapback]

stimuli was the track of 2004 :D

anyway the track isnt that bad.. post ur own remix of karahana then and prove that he made a bad remix.