The new Hallucinogen remix is so full-on

hallucinogen was so good back then... we all know that...

but even with bubble n tweak, it still ranked up there with the TRUE psychadelic pioneers of the new millenium. it wasnt that bad! i think only twisted is showing us how REAL psychadelic music SHOULD be these days, and no other label gets it.

also have you ever gave such a shit about simons remixes ever?? i mean he's never in 10 years remixed such a cool similar artist... the best being ozric tentacles, and that wasnt such a hit either.. like he admitted in an interview, he's best nowadays when hes collaberationg with his friends. i think his remixes are just for fun, while he's concentrating on his newest collaberation of the year, (now being metal sharon and younger brother) just cuz its been so long and he farted out another crappy remix, doesnt mean hallucinogen turned shit, he's been hinting at a third album, and maybe he is waiting so long to release it so that it doesnt sound like turds...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hallucinogen was so good back then... we all know that...

but even with bubble n tweak, it still ranked up there with the TRUE psychadelic pioneers of the new millenium. it wasnt that bad! i think only twisted is showing us how REAL psychadelic music SHOULD be these days, and no other label gets it.

also have you ever gave such a shit about simons remixes ever?? i mean he's never in 10 years remixed such a cool similar artist... the best being ozric tentacles, and that wasnt such a hit either.. like he admitted in an interview, he's best nowadays when hes collaberationg with his friends. i think his remixes are just for fun, while he's concentrating on his newest collaberation of the year, (now being metal sharon and younger brother)  just cuz its been so long and he farted out another crappy remix, doesnt mean hallucinogen turned shit, he's been hinting at a third album, and maybe he is waiting so long to release it so that it doesnt sound like turds...

415361[/snapback]

there there...

illusions, illusions... :rolleyes:

:P

so what, now there's gonna be a new thread for each track posford releases?

talking about hype..

415296[/snapback]

so true, so true.

this is just a remix, ffs.

you people should learn how to appreciate a track as a whole product. then you might maybe be able to "read" its actual value and actually enjoy it.

reviewing a track by bass line is just wrong. bassline is like what .. 25% of the concept of a track?

if artists choose to use more power in their tracks, then it means that this is the direction that "works" and maybe this is the trend in the scene. it doesn't mean that they lost their talent, or went wacko.

and stop these "i will leave the scene" warnings. just choose the music you wanna listen to and get on with it. we have a big scene, and pretty much a wide offer.

just like Rain said, "stop full on bashing". i've heard plenty of power in progressive trance, in tech trance, in oldschool, in dark psy, in anything you want. no matter what the style/genre is, if there is no power, people won't dance to it. haven't you noticed??

another thing ... do you expect Hallucinogen to release a new album with exactly the same sound from 1995-1996? we are "10 years later" dudes...

Coincidentally, most of the stuff from South Africa is also fullon.

But seriously, there's more quality in Astrix - Poison and the other stuff from Artcore. He does it better than Posford. Yay.

Coincidentally, most of the stuff from South Africa is also fullon.

But seriously, there's more quality in Astrix - Poison and the other stuff from Artcore. He does it better than Posford. Yay.

415422[/snapback]

Cinos, if you tell me now that you're gonna start bashing Posford over a remix, i'll laugh. don't be so easy to influence.

Cinos, if you tell me now that you're gonna start bashing Posford over a remix, i'll laugh. don't be so easy to influence.

415432[/snapback]

But it IS shitty. And Astrix DOES do it better.

Boring source material = boring/generic remix

Remember the Hallucinogen remix of Stimuli from 2004, that wasn't too bad was it?

415320[/snapback]

It was bad (IMHO)

i vote to lock Radi in a bass-ment playing only GMS at all times for a period of at least 48 hours... all in favour say aye

B)

415338[/snapback]

Aye!

And put there Guy Cohen as well to comment the tracks that he's hearing. And we know that GMS have enough material for 48 hours.

This culture isn't Simon, Raja, Goa Gil, IM or AP. It's time for new faces and new dimensions.

415340[/snapback]

Amen.

I'll raise my Sensient CD for that!

415422[/snapback]

Blasphemy!

i'm not the biggest fan of Hallucinogen, but if i think of it, seeing how much he is valued in the scene ... i am anxious to see what "new" he will bring in the scene. i don't wanna hear his sound from 95-96, i wanna see what else he is capable of. how he sees music these days.

though the poor guy must have some stress/pressure in releasing a new album with you all guys hunting him and raising your expectations higher than other artists. :D

he didn't even get tracks on compilations lately ...

Guest Elysium

I am getting a little bit tired of the wholy cows (not an insult just an expression) here that tell other people they should not write what they think.

It's cool to debate and there will be many different opinions which is what a debate is all about. But please leave the comments out that people should stop writing what they think. It's annoying.

I am getting a little bit tired of the wholy cows (not an insult just an expression) here that tell other people they should not write what they think. 

It's cool to debate and there will be many different opinions which is what a debate is all about. But please leave the comments out that people should stop writing what they think.  It's annoying.

415461[/snapback]

yeah people have full right to bash artists and tell them what they would like the artist to do :)

Guest Elysium

yeah people have full right to bash artists and tell them what they would like the artist to do  :)

415485[/snapback]

See now you did the typical classic mistake assuming that I meant something different than I actually meant :)

Even though I do not like most fullon (heck who am i kidding? - i dont like any of it) and wont even listen to this i think you should let him do what he like to do without voicing your opinion to him. There's no need for anyone to tell him or any artist how he/they should make their music.

The sounds are sounds I have heard over and over again for a decade now. Sorry folks.  Open up your ears. What's new about this? NADA, nothing, niende.  I would think that an artist with Simons talent would be able to come up with at least a few new sounds instead of re-using what he's been using for years.  The same typical UK twisted sounds. I wonder if the UK artists have a joined sound library they all use over and over again?  New sounds guys and new fresh ideas. That's the way forward. Not yet another 1996 track please. It might sound new and fresh to the people that joined in 2000 but you cant fool us oldies who have heard it all before ;)

It's cool to debate and there will be many different opinions which is what a debate is all about. But please leave the comments out that people should stop writing what they think.  It's annoying.

Paging Mr. Logic! How inconsistent can you possibly get, man?

Guest Elysium

Paging Mr. Logic! How inconsistent can you possibly get, man?

415490[/snapback]

ahh yet another classic show it's face at psynews... the quoting ;)

:)

Where did I tell people not to have their own opinion? All i did was writing what i think IMO. I did not at all tell anyone not to say what they think and yes I do nto think anyone should tell the artist how to make his/her music. But that's not the same as debating about a tune.

When i wrote the "wholy cow" comment it was because some people think a debate is the same as bashing an artist. That annoy me since that "dont bash" is used in almost every debate now here on psynews. Some people have a hard time seeing the difference between a debate and a real bashing.

just like Rain said, "stop full on bashing". i've heard plenty of power in progressive trance, in tech trance, in oldschool, in dark psy, in anything you want. no matter what the style/genre is, if there is no power, people won't dance to it. haven't you noticed??

415402[/snapback]

hey Kristian, when i said stop bashing full on it was something more like metaphorical. but you'd have to see it in the context.

i wasn't asking people to stop posting their opinnions on forums you know.

ahh yet another classic show it's face at psynews... the quoting ;)

:)

Where did I tell people not to have their own opinion?  All i did was writing what i think IMO. I did not at all tell anyone not to say what they think and yes I do nto think anyone should tell the artist how to make his/her music. But that's not the same as debating about a tune.

415498[/snapback]

Do NOT put words in my mouth. I never claimed you told "...people not to have their own opinion". NEVER. I did however point to the blatant contradiction in your statements, which you don't seem to see yourself. First you're saying we shouldn't tell the artist what to produce, and then you yourself write this:

The sounds are sounds I have heard over and over again for a decade now. Sorry folks.  Open up your ears. What's new about this? NADA, nothing, niende.  I would think that an artist with Simons talent would be able to come up with at least a few new sounds instead of re-using what he's been using for years.  The same typical UK twisted sounds. I wonder if the UK artists have a joined sound library they all use over and over again?  New sounds guys and new fresh ideas. That's the way forward. Not yet another 1996 track please. It might sound new and fresh to the people that joined in 2000 but you cant fool us oldies who have heard it all before ;)

It certainly looks as though your preachings only apply to others, and not to yourself.

I have NOT made comments as to wether we should critizise the artist or not, wether we should speak our mind or not, or anything similar. I ONLY pointed out your flawed logic, so please don't drag this into being a discussion about something else.

Guest Elysium

Do NOT put words in my mouth. I never claimed you told  "...people not to have their own opinion". NEVER. I did however point to the blatant contradiction in your statements, which you don't seem to see yourself. First you're saying we shouldn't tell the artist what to produce, and then you yourself write this:

It certainly looks as though your preachings only apply to others, and not to yourself.

I have NOT made comments as to wether we should critizise the artist or not, wether we should speak our mind or not, or anything similar. I ONLY pointed out your flawed logic, so please don't drag this into being a discussion about something else.

415504[/snapback]

lol sure mate ;)

i guess you failed to read closely what it was I meant and indeed assumed things, and still do...but all peace with that :)

Funny how to see the same heat from the same people when there's a discussion about Simon Posford. I don't see him as a holy cow, everybody who knows me even a bit knows that i have absolutely no holy cows what so ever (actually it is a big personal problem for me). I guess some people having a hard time seeing a fellow artist reaching a cult status for some people in the scene. Nobody is building pedestals and no body is sacrificing virgins in his name. I, personally feel sorry every time one of my favorite artists going down to the lowest common denominator. Happened with Astral Projection, Infected Mushroom and i'd hate seeing the same with Simon. This is my point of view and if you don't agree with me, i seriously and happily don't give a fuck. And i love full-on. I have a lot of full-on albums that i bought and that i enjoy a lot. But as much as i would hate Metallica doing Nu Metal Linkin' Park style i'd hate see Simon Posford going Full-on.

Funny how to see the same heat from the same people when there's a discussion about Simon Posford. I don't see him as a holy cow, everybody who knows me even a bit knows that i have absolutely no holy cows what so ever (actually it is a big personal problem for me). I guess some people having a hard time seeing a fellow artist reaching a cult status for some people in the scene. Nobody is building pedestals and no body is sacrificing virgins in his name. I, personally feel sorry every time one of my favorite artists going down to the lowest common denominator. Happened with Astral Projection, Infected Mushroom and i'd hate seeing the same with Simon. This is my point of view and if you don't agree with me, i seriously and happily don't give a fuck. And i love full-on. I have a lot of full-on albums that i bought and that i enjoy a lot. But as much as i would hate Metallica doing Nu Metal Linkin' Park style i'd hate see Simon Posford going Full-on.

415531[/snapback]

some dark Linkin Park tracks are great like A place for your heat.

its really amazing how metallica can constantly release albums that suck WAY worse than the last one each time, that must take some skill for 20 years you thought the latest album couldnt possibly get any worse, but they blow you away each time. whats next? another trout mask replica?