The new Hallucinogen remix is so full-on

Hmm... interesting....

I have 2 paths available in my life now....

1] Commit suicide

2] Accept that Simon Posford is just a human being and try to move on with my life.

That being, only the beginning of the sample sounds crap, maybe the whole track is OK... And it's a remix after all...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry but I heard the sample and to me it's just yet another going back to what's been done over and over again since 1996 and forward.  Yes it's not fullon per se even though it's fast (slow down man).

The sounds are sounds I have heard over and over again for a decade now. Sorry folks.  Open up your ears. What's new about this? NADA, nothing, niende.  I would think that an artist with Simons talent would be able to come up with at least a few new sounds instead of re-using what he's been using for years.  The same typical UK twisted sounds. I wonder if the UK artists have a joined sound library they all use over and over again?  New sounds guys and new fresh ideas. That's the way forward. Not yet another 1996 track please. It might sound new and fresh to the people that joined in 2000 but you cant fool us oldies who have heard it all before ;)

Ok my rant.  I am sure I am doomed now  :ph34r:

:)

So i will follow my own advice. I wont buy it :)

415280[/snapback]

How i said just the bassline is bad but not standart full-on, the sounds are pure hallucinogen and the production quality is buautiful. I hope Simon will continue his own uniquie style with his bizzare melodies and look what other artists like astral do today, i think and hope simon won´t jump into the fullon bandwagon like all other old artists

The funny part is that you people decide whether it's fullon or not by the bassline.

What would happen if I'd take Hallucinogen - LSD and replace the entire kick&bass section with modern fullon style kick&bass? Will it become a crappy track as well?

shit of bulls

I was probably speaking a bit too harshly and prematurely before. Hallucinogen's elements are still there, and is well-placed considering it is only a remix. It just sounds a bit too simplistic to think that it was made by Hallucinogen, although it really isn't that bad overall. Personally, it isn't a big deal; I haven't been holding Simon Posford on a high pedestal, and probably never will.

Oh yeah, as for the bassline, it sounds more like the proto-full-on bassline that is a slightly deeper, longer, and without that kick, resembling the bassline primarily because of it's note structure. Whatever, the fine points of the bassline don't really matter in this case. It's not really the basslines in general that worry me, but what is usually associated with them. It's not really a big problem here though.

The funny part is that you people decide whether it's fullon or not by the bassline.

What would happen if I'd take Hallucinogen - LSD and replace the entire kick&bass section with modern fullon style kick&bass? Will it become a crappy track as well?

shit of bulls

415304[/snapback]

Yes, the bassline and kickdrum are the two parts that kill every track, see the alien project or delirius remix on the awesome track people can fly, the same would happen with hallucinogen - L.S.D. so bad sounding basslines and kickdrums aren´t in ANY other genre of all musicgenres except fullon!

Yes, the bassline and kickdrum are the two parts that kill every track, see the alien project or delirius remix on the awesome track people can fly, the same would happen with hallucinogen - L.S.D. so bad sounding basslines and kickdrums aren´t in ANY other genre of all musicgenres except fullon!

415308[/snapback]

have you heard them all?

God...you people don't even deserve a response!

Psytrancers have a herd mentality like no other. First it's love full-on because it isn't minimal then it's hate full-on because it's full-on. Just concentrate on whether it's good or not, not on all this other bullshit. If you don't like it, move on.

have you heard them all?

415309[/snapback]

Not all genres out there but i heard so much music up to now that i can speak from experience, fullon hurts the ears, astrix basslines and drums are okay but the rest, nooooooooooooooo.

why? except the bassline and the kick all hallucinogen elements and melodies that put my in the wild west (much hallucinogen tracks put me virtual in a dry landscape with mountains but dry and it looks like hot wild west, for example the last minutes of gama goblins part 2) are there. Okay i must agree that the kick is realy awful but it don´t sound much like fullon. anyway what happens with this server, all what i do here in psynews goes very slow now but nothing else so it is the server, cut someone like a mod inform the administrator?

415272[/snapback]

Lol..I don´t care if it pust you in the middle of Sahara. This is not classic Hallucinogen. Recycling of old ideas in a pretty boring way might be the right word. The only thing new in this is that he has stepped with one of his feet into fullon.

All the Greats have gone commercial... face it :) On the other hand they have already done everything they could to the scene and you cant demand anything!

This culture isn't Simon, Raja, Goa Gil, IM or AP. It's time for new faces and new dimensions.

All the Greats have gone commercial... face it :) On the other hand they have already done everything they could to the scene and you cant demand anything!

This culture isn't Simon, Raja, Goa Gil, IM or AP. It's time for new faces and new dimensions.

415340[/snapback]

agree :)

the problem is - where are those new and creative interstellar explorers of innerspace?

415340[/snapback]

Agree and I agree.

So where is this remix sample from? A new album, comp, soundtrack, single, or what?

The sample sounds like any artist could have made it. What's the big deal? Anyone starts any thread with words Simon P. / Hallucinogen / Shpongle, and everyone wets their panties.

There is little reason why Postford would want to attach the classic image Hallucinogen name to such a forgettable, lackluster song. It's boring, uninspired, unimaginative, and we've all come to expect more from Simon because of his brilliant HALLUCINOGEN albums.

Nonetheless, it's just a remix. A remix... Wasn't Hallucinogen on the Gran Turismo 4 soundtrack? That Hallucinogen song on that soundtrack compared to his albums sound nothing a like.

It's just name recognition. No more, no less. People act like it's amazing to not hear such Godsend work from this artist. Fucking breath already. He's not Jesus. ;)

Alas, I sincerely hope this isn't the direction that Postford takes with the legendary Hallucinogen name. Peoples last impression is a artist who went out in glory; who made not only one, but two stunning, groundbreaking, goatrance masterpieces!

I'd rather have it end there, then hear a third Hallucinogen album that's disappointing... I'm sure many people who found The MATRIX sequels disappointing and misguided can relate to what it would feel like if a third Hallucinogen album turned out to be disappointing. You'd probably wish in retrospect he ended when he did.. people assume any Hallucinogen album will be amazing.