Wich realeses are considered rare?

Maxx

If you want to spend "real" money on rare CDs, try to collect the FAX ambient label...;) THAT is expensive!! Seems like Astro Cortex on the forum is doing quite well on the collecting...:)

Talking about mad collectors :D My friend Melanocorypha and I started collecting goa trance at the same time... But he has gone a bit further than me :D Take a look:

http://www.discogs.com/user/melanocorypha

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and I have a few I need to submit. Out of the ones listed on Discogs I have 126, plus two that are exclusive to Blue Room Americas, and then these ones I still have to submit (3 or 4 I think).

414514[/snapback]

Just out of curiosity, why don't you submit them to discogs now? It doesn't take long time to submit a release on discogs when you are used to it, which I know you are....;) By the way, I love the pictures from your record evening: :D

http://www.discogs.com/user/stormbringer

Me and my friends have "geek nights" some times too, where we ONLY listen to old goa trance etc... I'm planning on having an Eat Static evening soon, where we go through all the Eat Static releases, including some Ozric Tentacles stuff I guess...:) It's incredibly geeky, but extremly fun... :lol:

What is better than an evening with BEER, GOA TRANCE, INCENSE and nostalgic memories?

Right, I'm just saying for reference of a particular sound.  Far from psytrance, but there's some similar "melody" in that CD. :) 

ATTN Ukiro:

No, if you look at sen0byte's feedback, he seems to buy as many copies of IFO CD as he can.  Seriously!  I don't know what's going on, but he buys a lot of the same CDs for large amounts of cash, really.  Whatever is up with that, I haven't a clue?!  I wish someone else could tell us?!

414354[/snapback]

In the videogame collector's scene there is a guy buying all copies on ebay from the same game. It's for a very old system (not the NES, older and not as well-known) and the name of the game is something like Magic Boy. Everybody hates him (obviously) and nobody knows what he's up to with the games. He hasn't sold a single one of them for ages. Maybe it's the same guy? Would be kinda weird.

No sh!ti  There was an auction which ended Monday.  It sold for 70 pounds.

It is just beautiful... (I didn't win BTW - I bid 63 pounds)

Sounds like you're a good Dad Aaron :)  Props!

\\n

414473[/snapback]

Huh, then I really made bargain when I got my copy of it. I had to pay about 25£ plus shipping. I was the only bidder then... Still haven't framed it but I will. I'm browsing Melanocorypha's collection right now, I love sneaking through other collections...

I'd like to imagine these are also rare:

Juno Reactor - Laughing Gas (with the awesome Lullaby!)

Planet BEN - Trippy Future Garden

and especially SFX - Rainbirds. How many copies did they print? 50 or something? I've never even seen it online.

The Dragonfly EP (on Butterfly)

Hallucinogen - LSD (First Edition on Dragonfly, not the remixes).

Doof - Double Dragons (Dragonfly)

and many many more :)

I'd like to imagine these are also rare:

Juno Reactor - Laughing Gas (with the awesome Lullaby!)

Planet BEN - Trippy Future Garden

and especially SFX - Rainbirds. How many copies did they print? 50 or something? I've never even seen it online.

414537[/snapback]

Damn, I can be rich :D I have 4 copies of Planet Ben - TFG :) AND NO I WILL NOT SELL! :D

If you want to spend "real" money on rare CDs, try to collect the FAX ambient label...;) THAT is expensive!! Seems like Astro Cortex on the forum is doing quite well on the collecting...:)

Talking about mad collectors  :D  My friend Melanocorypha and I started collecting goa trance at the same time... But he has gone a bit further than me :D  Take a look:

http://www.discogs.com/user/melanocorypha

414515[/snapback]

Good thing I have the most of them ;) Anyways, go to Frankfurt and to the old Boys Records, they still had old FAX 2 years ago, and probably still will hehe

So Nemo, I know I ask you this a couple of times every year, but do you ever think that you'll get your records out of storage and eventually get a Discogs account? You know, we all want to drool all over you... err... your record collection!

/DP

So Nemo, I know I ask you this a couple of times every year, but do you ever think that you'll get your records out of storage and eventually get a Discogs account? You know, we all want to drool all over you... err... your record collection!

/DP

414546[/snapback]

Actually I am working on it :) So, be patient, I will put it out there VERY VERY Soon :)

Just out of curiosity, why don't you submit them to discogs now? It doesn't take long time to submit a release on discogs when you are used to it, which I know you are....;)

414516[/snapback]

Very true, BUT - they're whitelabel test pressings with no tracklists! Even if I know the track names, they're sometimes in different versions that the ones that ended up getting released, so I need to figure out what the mixes are called, etc... and I have maybe 100 records to submit in total, and these blue room rarities are in the middle of the pile.

By the way, I love the pictures from your record evening:  :D

http://www.discogs.com/user/stormbringer

Me and my friends have "geek nights" some times too, where we ONLY listen to old goa trance etc... I'm planning on having an Eat Static evening soon, where we go through all the Eat Static releases, including some Ozric Tentacles stuff I guess...:) It's incredibly geeky, but extremly fun... :lol:

What is better than an evening with BEER, GOA TRANCE, INCENSE and nostalgic memories?

414516[/snapback]

Yeah that rules! Me, my girlfriend, Stormbringer and his girlfriend get together every once in a while and take turns playing one track each - the rule is that you need to match the previous track somehow - it can be by style or track name or whatever. We all bring 30 records each and in ANY style. Nothing is too extreme! You get to hear sooo mych cool music during these nights, stuff you'd never hear otherwise. Some pictures from one of these events (in my & my girlfriends appartment):

August 13th, 2005

To avoid total threadjack: One very very rare CD is this. Mine has a scratch in the last track though =(

Very true, BUT - they're whitelabel test pressings with no tracklists! Even if I know the track names, they're sometimes in different versions that the ones that ended up getting released, so I need to figure out what the mixes are called, etc... and I have maybe 100 records to submit in total, and these blue room rarities are in the middle of the pile.

Yeah that rules! Me, my girlfriend, Stormbringer and his girlfriend get together every once in a while and take turns playing one track each - the rule is that you need to match the previous track somehow - it can be by style or track name or whatever. We all bring 30 records each and in ANY style. Nothing is too extreme! You get to hear sooo mych cool music during these nights, stuff you'd never hear otherwise. Some pictures from one of these events (in my & my girlfriends appartment):

August 13th, 2005

To avoid total threadjack: One very very rare CD is this. Mine has a scratch in the last track though =(

414678[/snapback]

I so have to send you that Transpact :( I KNOW!!!!! Ok, but hey, do you have the promo Cat#? I know sometimes, the Promos have diffrent inscriptions than the release.... :)

Yeah I have catalogue numbers and artists for all of them, it's jsut track names and names of the mixes that are tricky. I can probably work it out if I just put some effort into it, but I barely even have time to listen to everything I buy, so I've been laying low with the Discogs submissions lately. I occasionally post an update here and there from work when I'm doing some leisure surfin', but I should really start submitting all my weird records...

Very nice pictures Ukiro. Seems like you had fun with those acid hats... :) I like how your living room (?) looks with all the records and the turntables.

Åke Stormbringer has often mentioned those varannan sessions... And I always envy you guys for having such cool girlfriends... I mean, I've had girlfriends heavily into music, but our listening sessions were not as organized as yours... It sounds very cool!

As I understand it, Åke and Maria also has an extended version of varannan, where they listen to non-hardcore full albums from start to end... Cool!

/DP

Yeah I have catalogue numbers and artists for all of them, it's jsut track names and names of the mixes that are tricky. I can probably work it out if I just put some effort into it, but I barely even have time to listen to everything I buy, so I've been laying low with the Discogs submissions lately. I occasionally post an update here and there from work when I'm doing some leisure surfin', but I should really start submitting all my weird records...

414704[/snapback]

Can someone help me out? I dont seem to be able to submit anything to my recordcollection on Discogs, do I have to do anything special? I was thinking on adding the records that are existant on Discogs already, and then start adding the ones that are not on there :)

If its ok to add this here

"Not PsyTrance/GoA"

Its Some Hard to get, Acid Trax

i have All the Brain1-43 Trax include All the ReMixes

Not All on Vinyl (36 tracks on vinlyl)

i have some on vinyl and some of them on Acid Flash CD`s

Cuz i used to Dj.. Only at underground Partys,, not more im only in to Creat my own music now :) "PsyTrance" and some side Projects (Acid/Hardcore/Techno)

http://www.discogs.com/label/Brain+Recordings

*** Not ** For ** Sale**

Can someone help me out? I dont seem to be able to submit anything to my recordcollection on Discogs, do I have to do anything special? I was thinking on adding the records that are existant on Discogs already, and then start adding the ones that are not on there :)

414737[/snapback]

Strange... You are logged in of course? What happens when you press the "add release to collection" link?

/DP

Strange... You are logged in of course? What happens when you press the "add release to collection" link?

/DP

414744[/snapback]

There is no such link!? :)