Wich realeses are considered rare?

Maxx

This thread makes me wanna look at ebay right now *runs off*

What's the price for v/A -  A Party Is For Live, Not Just for X-Mas? I got an offer for 50 Euros once but I didn't sell it. What do you mean?

413756[/snapback]

I don't know what the 'price' is for that CD but that's about the most I would pay.

\\n

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what the 'price' is for that CD but that's about the most I would pay.

\\n

413768[/snapback]

Niobium would be also willing to give fun cyber for rarities as noted earlier! Ahh, yes! The day will come where I can cyber my first psynews dork! *teehee*

:)

Aaron

Well, some of us collect BOTH cd and vinyl... =)

There's been an avalanche of new CD collectors on ebay recently, but it's calming down again now it seems. But while this has been going on, I've skipped the bidding wars and tried to complete vinyl stuff instead - no point in fighting over a CD that shows up once a month - I'm sure patience will pay off. Anything commercially released will come up again some day.

One label I've been working on somewhat is Trans'Pact, where only 7 vinyls remain now, and several of them are easy to find so I guess it's just a matter of time. I already have the trickiest ones. I think I will have it completed (vinyl-wise) during 2006. On it's sub-label Subliminal I'm missing 2 vinyls (S.04 and S.10). I think Doss-House was also a sublabel of Trans'Pact, but that one is complete now. Other complete labels are Celtic, Inter 1 (HAH! I have 009!!!), and Helix Records (well, won the final CD last night so it's not here yet). And several "mini-labels" of course.

Nearly complete is Alien Reign (fairly unknown and VERY underrated label), Aquatec (missing the last compilation on vinyl), 21-3, and High Society (missing 7 CDs but I have all the vinyls).

I'd love to complete a label like Matsuri, and I only need a few more of the vinyls, but the CDs... damn! So mych of the later stuff is musically uninteresting that I'm reluctant to spend the money there yet. I'll rather go for the stuff that is both collectable and musically rewarding. On TIP I'm getting very close to 100% completion now, but sadly the hugely over-priced beyond colour CD is still missing from my collection (and a few others). The price on that one has to go down soon...

I'm also hoping to get the worlds only 100% complete Blue Room Released collection, but it's practically impossible - there are several 6-copies-only items (test pressing vinyls that were cancelled) still not on Discogs, of which I'm missing 2 or so. I have some to submit.

Dragonfly and Transient won't be complete for a LONG time since their 21st century CD output is uninteresting to me. But I'm very close to having all their 1990's vinyl at least.

My current collection projects are for unknown labels that were never really known in the goa scene, but that have a goa sound. Some of them are very very expensive though, and I'm trying to cut back on the collector expenses in favour of other types of music (and an upcoming more to a new appartment).

There's been an avalanche of new CD collectors on ebay recently, but it's calming down again now it seems. But while this has been going on, I've skipped the bidding wars and tried to complete vinyl stuff instead - no point in fighting over a CD that shows up once a month - I'm sure patience will pay off. Anything commercially released will come up again some day.

I have noticed the same thing, so I have periods that I don't bid on anything at all... Anyway, there are some CDs I have been searching for years, without seeing it on ebay...:)

One label I've been working on somewhat is Trans'Pact, where only 7 vinyls remain now, and several of them are easy to find so I guess it's just a matter of time. I already have the trickiest ones. I think I will have it completed (vinyl-wise) during 2006. On it's sub-label Subliminal I'm missing 2 vinyls (S.04 and S.10). I think Doss-House was also a sublabel of Trans'Pact, but that one is complete now. Other complete labels are Celtic, Inter 1 (HAH! I have 009!!!), and Helix Records (well, won the final CD last night so it's not here yet). And several "mini-labels" of course.

Most Transpact vinyls seems to be quite easy to find on german ebay. Most of them go for a VERY low price too... I only collect cds. I think I have got TIP, Matsuri and Blue Room Released complete, but only the CDs... Those labels were among my favourites... Especially Blue Room Released. Pure quality stuff all the way. I don't have any Doss-House releases, but I hear some of them are very rare...

Nearly complete is Alien Reign (fairly unknown and VERY underrated label), Aquatec (missing the last compilation on vinyl), 21-3, and High Society (missing 7 CDs but I have all the vinyls).

21-3 is another favourite label. VERY good quality releases. Too bad their style didn't appeal to most psytrancers at that time. I miss more of that style... High Socitey is a fun label, but the quality was often quite low on some of those releases if you ask me..:) They had some really funny cover arts though, such as Survival Of The Trippest and Drug Checking:

http://www.discogs.com/release/200342

I'd love to complete a label like Matsuri, and I only need a few more of the vinyls, but the CDs... damn! So mych of the later stuff is musically uninteresting that I'm reluctant to spend the money there yet. I'll rather go for the stuff that is both collectable and musically rewarding. On TIP I'm getting very close to 100% completion now, but sadly the hugely over-priced beyond colour CD is still missing from my collection (and a few others). The price on that one has to go down soon...

Don't understand how you can find some Matsuri releases uninteresting...! For me that was some of the best. Finally someone who dared to do something different! Really miss Matsuri... Top label all the way if you ask me... They came out with something fresh, when most goa trance artists had started going in the same foot steps of eachother, just like what has happened to most full on these days... Sometimes I am a bit surprised to see how those who worship the old goa trance so much can't see that... I love the old goa trance sound more than anything, still I find a lot of it pretty weak compared to todays psytrance. Luckily I'm not stuck in 96..! :P Trance doesn't need to be filled with melody to be good.

Anyway, a fact is; for those who think all full on sounds the same these days. Many think and thought that about goa trance in 1995-96 too..! I don't agree with any of them though... :rolleyes:

Boris Blenn - Paradise Connection

Pleiadians - Identified Flying Objects

Etnica - The Juggeling Alchemists Under The Black Light

Dimension 5 - Transdimensional

Transwave - Hypnorhythm

I'm also hoping to get the worlds only 100% complete Blue Room Released collection, but it's practically impossible - there are several 6-copies-only items (test pressing vinyls that were cancelled) still not on Discogs, of which I'm missing 2 or so. I have some to submit.

Dragonfly and Transient won't be complete for a LONG time since their 21st century CD output is uninteresting to me. But I'm very close to having all their 1990's vinyl at least.

My current collection projects are for unknown labels that were never really known in the goa scene, but that have a goa sound. Some of them are very very expensive though, and I'm trying to cut back on the collector expenses in favour of other types of music (and an upcoming more to a new appartment).

413874[/snapback]

Ukiro, I have s.04 :-P Actually, it was won froma record shop guy a few blocks from my house who Jikkenteki was telling me had all kinds of psytrance stuff and to go to the store. Well, the shitty part was, he closed up store and become mail-order only so I missed my opportunity to buy all his psy :-D And I guess he had a ton of it too!

Goodluck with subliminal. I just wanted that record because I loved Celtic Alchemy a lot. :)

Aaron

Oh, and Ukiro, I think you'd be interested in looking at the Exist Dance label, a west coast USA label. I was told of them and their .. Heaven CD, fuq I can't think of the title, but it has goa/psy elements. I wouldn't necessary say it was from "goa influence" but it has the element that we learned to love in the mid/late 90's :) something from heaven or some crap like that. Get it, check it out, it's kind of a mixture!

Aaron

Oh, and Ukiro, I think you'd be interested in looking at the Exist Dance label, a west coast USA label.  I was told of them and their .. Heaven CD, fuq I can't think of the title, but it has goa/psy elements.  I wouldn't necessary say it was from "goa influence" but it has the element that we learned to love in the mid/late 90's :)  something from heaven or some crap like that.  Get it, check it out, it's kind of a mixture!

Aaron

414252[/snapback]

I wantlisted some of their output a while back, and that label is one I will be checking out this spring... But I haven't heard anything, so I have no idea what it's like. I'll probably just grab one or two 12" to start with and see if it's something I'm willing to research further. But as always, money is the issue - I could probably spend $1000 a day!

I wantlisted some of their output a while back, and that label is one I will be checking out this spring... But I haven't heard anything, so I have no idea what it's like. I'll probably just grab one or two 12" to start with and see if it's something I'm willing to research further. But as always, money is the issue - I could probably spend $1000 a day!

414258[/snapback]

We all could spend 1000 or more aday. I figured if I won the lottery I'd be like that sen0byte dude and buy up EVERY CD ever made :) just so the rarity was....ridiculous. Note: he's bought a thousand copies of Pleiadians IFO, I have no idea why?!

Transmitting from Heaven is the CD I meant to say. Not just ..heaven :). I actually got the recommendation from atomcow on discogs. It was a very good recommendation I might add. Simply good for it's time. :)

It's too bad you didn't get that trans'pact record. I just got the transwave datura recently :-/ and figured what the hell. You beat me, then that damn cricket. I'll be sure to bring bigger shoes along next time, damn insects. :)

Aaron

We all could spend 1000 or more  aday. I figured if I won the lottery I'd be like that sen0byte dude and buy up EVERY CD ever made :) just so the rarity was....ridiculous.  Note: he's bought a thousand copies of Pleiadians IFO, I have no idea why?!

414323[/snapback]

Whaaaaat?! Someone found 1000 copies? Is there a joke in here I'm not getting?

It's too bad you didn't get that trans'pact record.  I just got the transwave datura recently :-/  and figured what the hell.  You beat me, then that damn cricket.  I'll be sure to bring bigger shoes along next time, damn insects. :)

414323[/snapback]

With 30 seconds left I thought "naah, better up it by another 7 euro just to be sure", and OF COURSE ebay doesn't load fast enough! It's bloody always fast, except this time. Very frustrating... That IS one of the more hard-to-find Trans'Pact vinyls. I was amazed at how "low" Transwave ended though, I wouldn't have been surprised by 50+ pounds (or whatever the currency was).

Oh, and Ukiro, I think you'd be interested in looking at the Exist Dance label, a west coast USA label.  I was told of them and their .. Heaven CD, fuq I can't think of the title, but it has goa/psy elements.  I wouldn't necessary say it was from "goa influence" but it has the element that we learned to love in the mid/late 90's :)  something from heaven or some crap like that.  Get it, check it out, it's kind of a mixture!

Aaron

414252[/snapback]

Exist Dance is a nice label, though some of their 12"s are not all that great. The CD is good, though. I also wouldn't call it 'psytrance' or anything of the sort.

Exist Dance is a nice label, though some of their 12"s are not all that great. The CD is good, though. I also wouldn't call it 'psytrance' or anything of the sort.

414336[/snapback]

Right, I'm just saying for reference of a particular sound. Far from psytrance, but there's some similar "melody" in that CD. :)

ATTN Ukiro:

No, if you look at sen0byte's feedback, he seems to buy as many copies of IFO CD as he can. Seriously! I don't know what's going on, but he buys a lot of the same CDs for large amounts of cash, really. Whatever is up with that, I haven't a clue?! I wish someone else could tell us?!

As for that Transwave - Datura EP. I figured I have most of the Transwave stuff already and I love Cycles of Life track on Symbiosis, so I'm hoping the Datura EP will give me a track I'll love just as much. :) Thanks for hinting at that though. Trans'pact is a new thing to me. Having known about asia 2001 forever now, I've never really followed. I wanted to get my TIP collection done, but now I find myself not really aimed at completing, or being a completist, but having fun and searching for more obscure and fun titles, hoping I'll like the next thing that I find. :)

There have been a lot of good finds all across the internet, from froogle.de to many german based record shops. All kinds of wonderful deals are to be had by everyone, if you are looking that is :)

Aaron

No, if you look at sen0byte's feedback, he seems to buy as many copies of IFO CD as he can.  Seriously!  I don't know what's going on, but he buys a lot of the same CDs for large amounts of cash, really.  Whatever is up with that, I haven't a clue?!  I wish someone else could tell us?!

414354[/snapback]

Maybe he's just an idiot.

414368[/snapback]

or is stocking up in the event of nuclear apocalypse. hoping to trade those priceless IFO copies for food and supplies, y'know..

414368[/snapback]

HAHAHAHA!!!!

More likely he thinks he can 'corner the market' on it. I'm not sure how many compies of I.F.O. were made but I suspect it is in the range of 2-10 thousand.

(pure bu11sh!t guess). SO good luck with that.

I noticed finally that draeke scored a copy of Jaia - Insomnie CD single. That

came as a slight relief...I am always somewhat suspicious of releases that' only one person has.

That's why I removed it from my 'wantlist' - seemed just like a

promo or worse.

I asked draeke about Crop Circles - Lunar Civilization which I also suspected

was a bootleggish release. He convinced me that this IS a proper release and

I have restored belief that it is a 'proper' release. He mentioned that there are

around 100 copies around and most of them were sold in a very few stores in Europe.

He also mentioned that there is apparently a CD single of 'Full Mental Jackpot'

- also with 100 or less copies - which he has not been able to obtain. He was very

convincing about this. Both of these CD singles are in my view practically gold

and represent a certain pinnacle of Goa Trance. My favorite artist by far still is

Hallucinogen, however the Crop Circles' stompers are brilliant - just in a different way.

Indeed...right now I am looking for the three BPC releases on UFK.

Someone is selling the first on Ebay right now (still I suspect) but his

feedback looks shaky and I can't read his German very well - even with

Babelfish. I would probably pay that amout for it if it were mint and looked

like the picture that kompressorkanonen (presumably) uploaded >>>>

YUM

I am also after (not Goa) all of the SID (somewhere in Detroit) 12" releases.

That would probably set me back $1000 or more for just the seven. :(

So I guess I am in the club of those who would love to spend $1000 a day

on music.

\\n

Seems like you have done your homework...;) I agree with everything you say here.... I have been a mad man on ebay for many years myself...:)

Here are some of the rarest ones I have:

Juno Rector - Luciana

http://www.discogs.com/release/61352

not that rare - just overpriced if you ask me.

would love to get my hands on this

Adrenalin Drum - Xperimental Goa

http://www.discogs.com/release/238540

we will soon find out the 'value' of this

Saafi Brothers - Internal Code Error (CDS) (The vinyl version is more common..)

http://www.discogs.com/release/211018

yea, I don't think I've run across a copy of this on my forays yet...

\\n

One label I've been working on somewhat is Trans'Pact...

This is one label that I am actually going to try to 'complete' -

but only the CDs, since there aren't that many.

On TIP I'm getting very close to 100% completion now, but sadly the hugely over-priced beyond colour CD is still missing from my collection (and a few others). The price on that one has to go down soon...

the point is, you can surely finish this one. I'm sure you'll find a copy

for $20 bucks or less within a few months.

which ones are you missing?

yeah, waste of time if you ask me - too many crappy releases. although

I wish I had scored Alcyone >;o|

\\n

Niobium would be also willing to give fun cyber for rarities as noted earlier!  Ahh, yes!  The day will come where I can cyber my first psynews dork!  *teehee*

:)

Aaron

413811[/snapback]

Yes and my Cyber 'Is legendary - even in Hell' (Hellraiser)

hahahah!!

414469[/snapback]

Everyone wants alcyone :) just to frame and stare at. Heh! I'm a pleiadies whore actually. I have a professional art print by Kim Poor actually:

http://www.novaspace.com/SOLD_OUT/L_L.html

Space, astronomy, astrophysics. Fun shit! In fact, I have many of his old out of print, prints! They're going in my son's room in our new place. He's taking over dad's old space theme. I went a little too psychedelic in my aspects, collections, artwork, lighting, music, lalalala, to stick with space for my "room" :).

My girlfriend's room, I'm guessing will be pink with flowers everywhere :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: But that's okay. When we move into our new place and when my area is almost complete, I'll post pictures. We actually want to have a vote off who's room looks better and what better place to judge than psynews? h0h0!

Anyways, back to music. Okay! Nevermind, I have nothing new to add. :(

No sh!ti  There was an auction which ended Monday.  It sold for 70 pounds.

It is just beautiful...

Sounds like you're a good Dad Aaron :)  Props!

\\n

414473[/snapback]

Oh yeah? I lost my Alcyone to Ukiro I think less than 9 months ago?! I don't remember!? Ukiro can remind me :-( Haha. It was when he first scored it and posted it to discogs, it could had been even over a year ago, fawk! I was jealous. Actually, I was pissed! :lol:

*hugs ukiro* :) OH WELL!

Aaron

Oh yeah?  I lost my Alcyone to Ukiro I think less than 9 months ago?! I don't remember!?  Ukiro can remind me :-(  Haha.  It was when he first scored it and posted it to discogs, it could had been even over a year ago, fawk!  I was jealous.  Actually, I was pissed!  :lol:

*hugs ukiro* :) OH WELL!

Aaron

414474[/snapback]

Haha =) It sold for 83 pounds, I think? I felt it was worth it - I very very rarely pay that much for anything, so doing it just this once felt totally OK. I submitted it to Discogs November 8th, 2004.

which ones are you missing?

414469[/snapback]

For the stuff listed on Discogs, I'm missing 28 items (remember that I'm going for EVERYTHING, both vinyl & CD). So it's certainly within reach! I know of 2 more that I don't have that aren't listed, and I have a few I need to submit. Out of the ones listed on Discogs I have 126, plus two that are exclusive to Blue Room Americas, and then these ones I still have to submit (3 or 4 I think).