Terminator (a.k.a Zolod, ex-Parasense) has died

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

It's indeed sad when people die but in my opinion these RIP topics have taken new heights...  Especially on isra where it's popular to have hysteric topics of people crying over people they never even met.

I have nothing but symphathy for the families that are left behind but please do not start the hysteria here too...  and what is this about needing money?.... Are we now a charity fund that have to pay people's funerals when we dont even know them?  a bit too far fetched in my opinion.

This is not meant as an offense to the ones that died or the ones that got left behind.  Just an observation of how people get into some kind of mild mass-hysteria over people they never met.

It would be amazing to see this kind of dedication toward other sad things like the many many 1000's of people now dying in Pakistan because our leaders and gouvernments "failure" to pay the money they promised after the Earthquake. Or to see some people cry over the situation in Africa where literaly 10's of thousand people (Many many children) die every month from lack of water, medicine and food.

But I guess the dead of a trance person is more sad.

408589[/snapback]

It's a big shame that Deja Vu is asking for money for the funerals.

About your bold words, have you ever think that artists, especially here musicians, have a special way to communicate not with words but with their sounds. The result is different, more emotionnal (& the emotions are always linked,connected with the memory) which could explain why there's hysteric people crying about people they never met :) .

Guest Elysium

It's a big shame that Deja Vu is asking for money for the funerals.

About your bold words, have you ever think that artists, especially here musicians, have a special way to communicate not with words but with their sounds. The result is different, more emotionnal (& the emotions are always linked,connected with the memory) which could explain why there's hysteric people crying about people they never met :) .

408693[/snapback]

I do tend to agree a little but let me give you an example. The RIP thread about the Australian girl DJ that died tragically. I did no count how many posts there was from people who never met her. But it was quite many.... Now she's not a artist and nobody ever heard her music. As far as I know she never did any music. Or did she? Yet there are many many posts with grying people that never ever met the girl. Again I want to stress that I have all the symphaty for the relatives that got left behind and it's not an attempt to be disrespectful. But let's be real now. Those threads tend to end up in a mild form of mass-hysteria. Just take the many many RIP threads about Cosma...even so long after his dead we still see new threads about him and how tragic it was etc.

I hope you get my point. You do not have to agree though :)

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

I do tend to agree a little but let me give you an example.  The RIP thread about the Australian girl DJ that died tragically.  I did no count how many posts there was from people who never met her. But it was quite many.... Now she's not a artist and nobody ever heard her music. As far as I know she never did any music. Or did she?  Yet there are many many posts with grying people that never ever met the girl.  Again I want to stress that I have all the symphaty for the relatives that got left behind and it's not an attempt to be disrespectful.  But let's be real now.  Those threads tend to end up in a mild form of mass-hysteria.  Just take the many many RIP threads about Cosma...even so long after his dead we still see new threads about him and how tragic it was etc.

I hope you get my point. You do not have to agree though :)

408701[/snapback]

Dj Beka did a compilation (track selection not mixed cd i think) for Turbo Trance.

http://www.discogs.com/release/579992

Guest Elysium

Dj Beka did a compilation (track selection not mixed cd i think) for Turbo Trance from what i know but i'm checking it.

408747[/snapback]

Ok but still I am sure you got my point ;)

sad sad sad ..... Parasense is my all time favorite artist. Thanks for all the smiles u gave through your music, Viktor. Hope you are happy where u are.

http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/...c/78608/forum/1

Viktor Zoodarenko was also Terminator/Zolod.

:( :(

408365[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly.

Damn, thats sad.

Full power sunrise, man..

Guest Elysium

apparently the guy commited suaside. A very selfish act if true. I feel bad for his family and friends though. But if he did commit suaside as it seem to point at then I do not see any reason to mourn him or salute him..No matter the reason why he did it.

I love the way people pass judgement without knowing anything.

Deja-Vu a label that released Zolod's music, they're not his family - but it's nice that they're trying to do something for the family. If they're asking for money, then there must be a need.

And we don't know ANYTHING about why Zolod committed suicide ( and i personally am not interested in the gossipy stuff anyway). All i know is that Zolod made some amazing music, and i personally was deeply touched by it, and that is more than i can say even for some people i know personally. Grief has nothing to do with actually having met someone.

The tsunami comparison is just absurd, there is absolutely no connection - i understand your point, but that was the worst comparison you could have given. Just because there was no psynews thread with people crying, you assume no one felt sadness when 300,000 people died in a day - maybe you didn't read the news and the record number of donations that went to the recovery (including proceeds from a special 3-CD psytrance compilation, which i proudly bought besides donating cash to a non-profit group in india).

It makes every sense to have this thread coz Zolod was a core part of what this website is about. I don't see why someone who loved someone's music shouldn't be sad that he died. If there is a lot of people crying, it only shows the artist's popularity.

If you don't feel anything about the artist or the death, feel free to ignore the post - why sit at your computer and give unsolicited advice about something that you're not interested in? It's quite insulting to call this "mass hysteria" and tell someone who is sad about a loss to not cry - i don't think anyone's pretending to be sad or has anything to gain from posting their feelings, it's just an open expression of grief. Very simple, no?

• Like 1

apparently the guy commited suaside.  A very selfish act if true.  I feel bad for his family and friends though.  But if he did commit suaside as it seem to point at then I do not see any reason to mourn him or salute him..No matter the reason why he did it.

409196[/snapback]

What about Hemingway, Van Gogh, Sylvia Plath and Marilyn Monroe to name a few?

They all commited suicide, are they not worthy of a salute?

Guest Elysium

I love the way people pass judgement without knowing anything.

Deja-Vu is a rich label, if they're asking for money, then there must be a need.

And we don't know ANYTHING about why Zolod committed suicide ( and i personally am not interested in the gossipy stuff anyway). All i know is that Zolod made some amazing music, and i personally was deeply touched by it, it makes absolutely no difference whether i personally knew him or not.

The tsunami comparison is just absurd, there is absolutely no connection - i understand your point, but that was the worst comparison you could have given. Just because there was no psynews thread with people crying, you assume no one felt sadness when 300,000 people died in a day - maybe you didn't read the news and the record number of donations that went to the recovery (including proceeds from a special 3-CD psytrance compilation, which i proudly bought besides donating cash to a non-profit group in india).

It makes every sense to have this thread coz Zolod was a core part of what this website is about. I don't see why someone who loved someone's music shouldn't be sad that he died. If there is a lot of people crying, it only shows the artist's popularity.

If you don't feel anything about the artist or the death, feel free to ignore the post - why sit at your computer and give unsolicited advice about something that you're not interested in? It's quite insulting to call this "mass hysteria" and tell someone who is sad about a loss to not cry - i don't think anyone's pretending to be sad or has anything to gain from posting their feelings, it's just an open expression of grief. Very simple, no?

409278[/snapback]

I say what i feel like just as you do..and he did indeed commit suaside.. that i know from reliable sources...it's not gossip at all...and in my opinion suaside is a very selfish act. so i say what i feel. ignore it or dont.

and i stil think its tasteless to ask people to pay for his funeral and i still think there's too many fake tears going on at various boards when someone dies... I feel for the ones left behind but i do not post long poems to people i never ever met in my life. I do not tell people what to do or what to feel but i do say what i think. And in my opinion what we see is a mild case of masshysteria.

so be angry at me or whatever. i hold the right to say what i feel like just as you do.

Guest Elysium

What about Hemingway, Van Gogh, Sylvia Plath and Marilyn Monroe to name a few?

They all commited suicide, are they not worthy of a salute?

409283[/snapback]

for their work sure..not the way they decided to die. again it's my opinion and i do not expect you to agree with me.. I just find all these "tears" a bit superficial when it come to those who seem to have such a big grief for someone they never knew anything about before that person died.

i still think there's too many fake tears going on at various boards when someone dies... 

How do you know they are fake? Why would anyone post fake tears for someone's death?

I feel for the ones left behind but i do not post long poems to people i never ever met in my life.  I do not tell people what to do or what to feel but i do say what i think.

Exactly my point, don't do anything if you don't feel anything. You have the option to not open this thread if you don't like to see people express their grief. But why come in here purposely and say "please do not start the hysteria here too"? People should be free to post whatever they feel about this very sad incident.

I'm not angry, i just thought it was very insensitive of you to say what you did - it's a death that people are "hysterical" about, and that too of a a very very popular artist.

:(

Guest Elysium

I was compaing it to Pakistan where 10.000's of people are dying at the moment. because our Gouvernments do not want to pay anything now that there's no QWestern people involve din the deadtolls. I was Not refering anything to the Tsunami disaster.... And I still think it's way more sad and ugly what goes on in pakistan than one "trance" guys dead... yes I see no posts about it among all the PLUR people but I see tons of poems for a few dead trance people. Mayeb you dont agree...but to me it's easy to compare these things.... Pakistan is not our business...but oh god stop the press... a artist died... I know I am harsh...But thats how i see it.

Guest Elysium

I'm not angry, i just thought it was very insensitive of you to say what you did - it's a death that people are "hysterical" about, and that too of a a very very popular artist.

:(

409290[/snapback]

well maybe you think i am insensetive... i dont intend to be... I just say things the way I see it. And this is the way I see it.

I am sure I will be flamed now... ;)

One good example is the never ending posts about Cosma... When do they stop? And wil we see mourning posts in 2 years about the current 2 deads? That's my point when I say it's a kind of a mass hysteria and in cases fake tears... It becomes cool to show ones "sorrow". Again none of you have to agree with me..I do not expect it.. I see it this way and you see it your way. Thats all cool ;)

Hey, I don't wanna go inside other stuff, but as far as I know, Deja Vu Rec. manager is not a poor guy (his family somehow involved in the oil business, and that's also the fact they released 7 cd's in one day once...), he could help with funerals and then release few compilations to cover this (I'm sure all his friends could sign tracks for free as tribute to him). Anyway that's my idea.

RIP Viktor.

Suicide is not the way out.

ND

I don't see tears. I see people showing a bit of shock, and then maybe a bit of respect to others who they feel have contributed to their enjoyment of psy music.

Both these people have contributed a lot to the psy scene (Beka was a huge influence in australia, amazing dj, played at festivals in Europe, had a comp on turbotrance, Parasense have also been major contributors musically,).

Yes people die, that's life. But it's also natural to show a bit of emotion. Is it not human to feel a little sadness that some people that were so young, that gave so much have passed away?

Meh, it's not wrong to show a little respect. I hope those who have recently left us are now having a party in the sky or something.

If you don't know them, and you don't care, then maybe just not write anything at all? As with other subjects, don't post something in a thread if it is of no interest to you.

Love and light x

Guest Elysium

If you don't know them, and you don't care, then maybe just not write anything at all?  As with other subjects, don't post something in a thread if it is of no interest to you.

Love and light x

409296[/snapback]

That's your opinion and that's all cool. I just do not agree. And I have stressed out carefully in everything I wrote here that I indeed feel for the relatives and friends and that it's no way to be diresepectful to them... I just express something that I have observed... And when I am being pointed out as someone that gossib and make up that he comitted suaside then I react back.... Simply because I do not gossip...I stick to the facts. And in this case he comitted suaside and sorry but that does not make me wanna grief him at all. I think what he did was very selfish and all he did was to hurt those people who were close to him for life... Thats why I dont think he deserve to be mourned like he is with the "tribute" posts.

again it's my personal opinion and not an attempt to tell you what to think.

wow Elysium you really are an asshole.

yea its a tragedy 10,000 people died in pakistan. But its a pystrance board and parasense was a pretty big artist, if you dont like people posting respect for the dead then dont read it. I thought the whole idea of these boards was to create a community, communities tend to morn the dead.

As far as it mattering that he killed himself, unless your extremely abnormal i imagine you have had thoughts of suicide at some point in your life but obviously didnt go through with it. Now imagine the pain this person was feeling to have actually gone through with it.

RIP

Guest Elysium

wow Elysium you really are an asshole.

yea its a tragedy 10,000 people died in pakistan. But its a pystrance board and parasense was a pretty big artist, if you dont like people posting respect for the dead then dont read it. I thought the whole idea of these boards was to create a community, communities tend to morn the dead.

As far as it mattering that he killed himself, unless your extremely abnormal i imagine you have had thoughts of suicide at some point in your life but obviously didnt go through with it. Now imagine the pain this person was feeling to have actually gone through with it.

RIP

409310[/snapback]

an asshole now? what's next? lol amazing how some people here cant wait with the faul language when they do not agree with someone.

I dont really bother to repeat myself..You know my opinion on suiside and that i find it odd to tribute a man that killed himself.

Anyway continue the mourning. I never said you should agree with me.

Off to bed.

an asshole now?  what's next?  lol amazing how some people here cant wait with the faul language when they do not agree with someone. 

I dont really bother to repeat myself..You know my opinion on suiside and that i find it odd to tribute a man that killed himself.

Anyway continue the mourning. I never said you should agree with me.

Off to bed.

409312[/snapback]

i don't think it's about agreeing or not agreeing or seeing trends. So what if many of us did not know him? as musician you should know you can tell a lot about a person by his music, it's feelings just as much a energy, so down a to a very limited existential level those who apreciated his music in a way 'knew' him.... so what if he killed himself ? it was his life and we are nobody to judge his actions (even more not knowing the circumstances) people can still feel bad about it... it's this basic human emotion called empathy ;)

this topic needs a proper title!

408371[/snapback]

like what?

i can change it, if Le Lotus Bleu doesn't have anything against it.

I don't see tears.  I see people showing a bit of shock, and then maybe a bit of respect to others who they feel have contributed to their enjoyment of psy music.

Both these people have contributed a lot to the psy scene (Beka was a huge influence in australia, amazing dj, played at festivals in Europe, had a comp on turbotrance, Parasense have also been major contributors musically,).

Yes people die, that's life.  But it's also natural to show a bit of emotion.  Is it not human to feel a little sadness that some people that were so young, that gave so much have passed away?

Meh, it's not wrong to show a little respect.  I hope those who have recently left us are now having a party in the sky or something.

If you don't know them, and you don't care, then maybe just not write anything at all?  As with other subjects, don't post something in a thread if it is of no interest to you.

Love and light x

409296[/snapback]

i aggree.

i know i'd like a couple of people to write a "RIP moni" if i die :)

it's just sign of appreciation.

RIP.

i know i'd like a couple of people to write a "RIP moni" if i die :)

it's just sign of appreciation.

409384[/snapback]

I promise to post such a thread in the untimely event of your death.

As far as I know she never did any music. Or did she? 

408701[/snapback]

She did some. But she was also involved in many things related to the psy culture as you can see:

Musical style

Early morning sets are Beka’s favourite, moving from powerful full on trance into more funky and fat, with groove and melodies. Beka is known to be adaptable and of course time and place play a big role in the style she chooses to play…

Played alongside...

Sun Control Species (ZMA), Dark Nebula (Digital Psionics), Luke Psywalker (Digital Psionics), Franny (Demon Tea), Sally Doolally, Shed (Apoxina), Launchpad, Cyanescens (Alkaloid) , Neuron Compost (G’iiwa), Ozzy (Tribeadelic), Raptor (Mechanik Sound), MK Ultra (Electric Forest), Space Tribe, Sensient (Zenon) , Mr Peculiar, Fractal Glider , Gaspar (Peak Rec, Psyberpunk), Rashka, Doc (Candyflip), Kaio (Neurobiotic), Andras, Leila (Dragonfly), X-Dream, Shakta (Dragonfly) , Broken Toy, Dino Psaris, Humphrey (Dragonfly), Shanti (Spun), Illusion of Self (Tribeadelic), Sirius Issness (Mind Control Rec), Infected Mushroom (BNE), Lunapice(Sub Machine), Loopus In Fabula, Mindelight, Adrreas (Nano), Triptych (Turbo Trance), Nissimyani (Utopia)

Parties

Secret Squirrels (London), ID Spiral Mellout (London), Viking Crew (London), Solipse 99 (Hungary), Koh Phangan New Year 2001/2002, Seizmic Chunk 2002 (Australia), Spiritual Warning 2002 (Australia), Tribeadelic New Years 2002/2003 (Australia), Exodus 2003 (Australia), Goa (Feb 2003), Good Mood after-party (Portugal 2003), Alkaloid Productions 2004 (Brisbane, Australia), Weird Music Society (Sydney, Australia), Earthcore presents X-Dream 2004 (Gold Coast, Australia), OMNI Festival 2004 (Spain), Science of Sound (Sydney, Australia), Cycle Logical 2 (Sydney),OMNI Festival 2005 (Spain), Earthcore presents Infected Mushroom (Gold Coast), Triptych Open Air, MardiGrass (Nimbin, Australia)

Career

Beka’s interest in the psychedelic trance scene developed in early ’97 near Byron Bay in Australia. At the end of that year she moved from Australia to London and began collecting vinyl. She played at underground psytrance parties put on by Secret Squirrels, Viking Crew, and ID Spiral/Liquid Connective. Also interested in music production, Beka spent a lot of time in the studio with her partner at the time, Erik (Zencats-Transient). After their child (Jasper) was born Beka spent some months in Australia and some months in England, always getting involved in outdoor parties when she had the time. At the end of 2001 she left England for Australia once again and was involved in the first major trance festival in Koh Phangan for New Years 2001/2002, where she was given the opportunity to organise the chill out area. March 2003 saw Beka playing in Goa, one of her favourite experiences to date, and the Europe summer of 2004 saw her playing at the OMNI Festival in Spain. 2005 has been a busy year so far with parties almost every weekend and she has compiled a CD called “Accelerator 2”.

Anyway, may your souls travel and rest in peace , Bekka and Zolod.