Whats Your opinion About ULTIMAE Records?

d_vision

I'd go with Aleph Zero, but they only have like 4-soon-to-be-5 releases, so that hardly counts.

Anyone here knows Rhythm & Sound or even better Burial Mix: http://www.discogs.com/label/Burial+Mix ?

Ingenious minimalistic digital dub...

Off topic: please will some label go back to releasing a compilation that consists of a doubble cd with one psy/prog cd & one chill cd? Like Alien Airport or more recently Tantra Trance? For me this really was a golden formula...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't even make ambient. The make chilly psy. Very little of what we listen to is ambient, I just call it that to make people understand what I mean.

Just like techno. Everybody calls trance techno, but it isn't.

412126[/snapback]

You claim Shpongle is ambient , but Ultimae artists make chilly psy.. Whatever!

Anyway, i haven't been dissapointed by a release by Ultimae either PLUS! ive had the chance to chill-out in their 'farenheit chillville' @ the Rhakti Deï festival last year, an amazing experience... lots of great Ultimae artists live and spinning... it unfortunantly was also the best of the whole crappy festival.

Ultimae has something special.... his own kind of sound. One of the best label... I especially like all projects from Aes Dana. His music is better and better with the time. He is now one of the 5 best ambient live act.

By the way, I want a second Huva Network. I have listened the first one during monthes, each day ! .... :)

No, I don't.

412295[/snapback]

Yes you do:

Yeah. Recommend me chill and ambient that sounds like, hm, high mountains with crystal streams of water, sunsets and sunrises, you know, all that stuff.

Not forest ambient like Shpongle or void ambient like Steve Roach... I want norwegian mountain ambient!  :)

410715[/snapback]

Who is the LUCKY???

If you live in London...- YOU MUST Go.... (if u like ULTIMAE Releases...)

> FAIRY TALES <

with video installations by Frolic

**THE FAERIES LOUNGE**

present Ultimae Records label night

>panoramic music for panoramic people<

SOLAR FIELDS live!!!

ultimae records - sweden

promoting "leaving home" album

CARBON BASED LIFEFORMS live uk debut!!!

ultimae records - sweden

previewing forthcoming album

SYNC24 live uk debut!!!

ultimae records - sweden

previewing "suspended animation" album

MAHIANE

ultimae records - france

previewing "oxycanta" compilation

NOVA

ultimae records - uk/italy

av set with vj Ant

VJ's

QUADROPTICA

ANT/PLANKTON

INSIDE US ALL

MIKA

Organic Deco: ORGANIKA

Zen Deco: ID SPIRAL

70k Sound: THE SOUNDMAN

SATURDAY 11th of FEBRUARY 2006

back at THE CORONET!!!

new kent road - london

[elephant & castle tube]

£14 adv / £16 otd

ON-LINE BOOKINGS

http://www.accessallareas.org

http://www.antidote909.com

TICKET OUTLETS

Access All Areas [camden town] 020 7267 8320

Psy Dream Temple [camden market] 020 7267 8528

Kinetek [15a new portland st] 020 7323 5303

Mad Records [2 silver place] 020 7439 0707

INFO

info@fairytales-london.com

- Just Wonderfull -

P.S

I wish tobe There...

• 1 year later...

Damn those Ultimae people, what have you done!?! :angry:

Regardless of how we call their style, fact is that for the last 3 weeks I've been listening ONLY to Carbon Based Lifeforms, Asura, Aes Dana, Solar Fields and Sync24. No trance at all!!!

Perfect music for work and books. :wub:

Hm, I have never been a conoisseur/fan of ambient music. I do not consider myself to be competent or fully able to judge or appreciate this type of music. For reference only, I have a few albums feauturing Pete Namlook, and I absolutely adore to listen to them when I'm in for some quality chill time. I don't know or care whether they are generally considered good or bad, for they suite my taste!

Ultimae Records. I began to take interest in this label after reading all the praise on this forum (READ: abasio). But I mainly found the releases to be sold out and out of stock, especially the ones to be considered 5/5 albums. So this leaves me with a few of their releases, which I find good, but not mind blowing, but I feel like am missing out on a lot, even though the "psy chill" was nevargh something I'd drool for. Yes, the covers, photos and sound quality of their releases is superb, but I find the music light years behind releases as Dreamfish, From Within... My two cents!

Hm, I have never been a conoisseur/fan of ambient music. I do not consider myself to be competent or fully able to judge or appreciate this type of music. For reference only, I have a few albums feauturing Pete Namlook, and I absolutely adore to listen to them when I'm in for some quality chill time. I don't know or care whether they are generally considered good or bad, for they suite my taste!

Ultimae Records. I began to take interest in this label after reading all the praise on this forum (READ: abasio). But I mainly found the releases to be sold out and out of stock, especially the ones to be considered 5/5 albums. So this leaves me with a few of their releases, which I find good, but not mind blowing, but I feel like am missing out on a lot, even though the "psy chill" was nevargh something I'd drool for. Yes, the covers, photos and sound quality of their releases is superb, but I find the music light years behind releases as Dreamfish, From Within... My two cents!

I hear what you're saying.

But the problem is, my knowledge of chill/ambient stuff in general is quite limited and since this forum is the one I visit most often it was only natural that my first step will be towards psy-influenced labels, e.g. Ultimae. I do realise that they possibly are not even close to being the best in chill/amient as a genre in general, but I loved what I heard from them so far. Besides, trying to explore a genre so wide and vast like chill/ambient is a suicide (for the pocket, I mean) and I'm simply affraid buying anything for example Namlook-related. Why? Because if I happen to like it, I'll have to buy more (all maybe) and judging by his discogs profile I'd have to sell my house to do that... ;) And he's only one of the chill/ambient artists frequently mentioned.

So, Ultimae I reckoned was a safe place to start and I'm glad I did it.

For my taste, Ultimae is as good as it gets. Have yet to be disappointed about a single release, and even though I own maybe 8 or 9 albums, I plan to get a lot more. They rock so badly!

Aleph Zero ranked pretty high too, until Random Thoughts and the awful Omnimotion album. Interchill has released a lot of good shit, but also way too much "psychill"-ethnic blabla. IMHO, yes!

There's so many more Ultimae releases I _have_ to get, including the whole Fahrenheit series. Can't wait for them to rerelease the thing as a set. :) At the moment, Ultimae is topnotch for me indeed.

But the problem is, my knowledge of chill/ambient stuff in general is quite limited and since this forum is the one I visit most often it was only natural that my first step will be towards psy-influenced labels, e.g. Ultimae.

I guess this goes for many people here. :)

in my above post that I edited :rolleyes: I give few recommendations I'm sure you would like, it's more melodic stuff.

albums like:

global communication - 76:14

solar quest - orgship

kaito - hundred million love years

children of the bong - sirius sounds

are still widely available, I strongly recommend checking out. :)

One of the worst. They have exactly one acceptable artist in their roster, Asura. The rest are... not good.

Hahaha, I must remember never to get any recommendations from you :P

I love everything from Ultimae, my favourite label in years! I have a lot of ambient but nothing comes close to the beautiful music provided by ultimae :wub:

I have most of their releases but none of them are my favorite chill/ambient. I absolutely love that most of their CD packages are works of art and follow the same look. I think you have to be in proper mood to appreciate their stuff, some people are permanently in that mood and love the label and some are almost never in it and don't get what the fuss is all about.

IMO none of the artists I've heard have a unique style and sound of their own that could really seperate them from the others. The music is a little too generic and lacks depth. I'm generalizing a little here and I definately like some stuff. It's all well made music, but so far nothing that is really awesome to my taste.

I was hooked by the HUVA Networks album but none of their other full-length releases have captured me in the same way. That being said, I absolutely adore their "ambient trance" style (typically 120 BPM tunes with a steady hypnotic beat; Solar Fields and Aes Dana both have a few of these tunes out)... I wish they would put together a whole compilation with a focus on that style.

defenitly one of the best ambient labels out there..

dont buy the releases blind. But almost..

I got about 10 of their releases for the shop i am working at. They look damn good in a cd rack all next to each other. Defenitly different than the rest. Good stuff! and nice people.

I've only heard one cd from ultimae, and it's asura's Life squared which I didn't really like. Maybe I should check out the other releases, seeing lots of people here admire ultimae that much. So what would be a fine release from ultimae you'd recommend me?

fahrenheit project 2

I've only heard one cd from ultimae, and it's asura's Life squared which I didn't really like. Maybe I should check out the other releases, seeing lots of people here admire ultimae that much. So what would be a fine release from ultimae you'd recommend me?

Carbon Based Lifeforms - Hydroponic Garden

A god damn awesome album ... buy this if you can find it anywhere ... I'm on the search for the CD version myself...

You can also get its successor, World Of Sleepers ... that one is very very good too and it's still available.

Solar Fields - Leaving Home and Blue Moon Station are awesome as well...

Oh and ... what I like a whole lot about Ultimae as well apart from their great music is, that they print booklets to their CDs! REAL booklets with many photos and stuff (one picture for each track - that's the best ... not even in other music genres you find that everywhere, sometimes lyrics are cramped up on 3 pages for 10 songs...), not just those cheap 2 page leaflets! So I buy the albums not just for the sound, but for the whole package: digipak, CD and booklet ... which is as it should be. Not just cheap jewelcase, 2 page leaflet and carelessly boring CD labeling... Love Ultimae for that :)