Discogs

delars

Tracks 1,2,4,5&6 written and produced at

Unwitting Host, Johannesburg

Tracks 3 & 7 written and produced at

Splonge Studio, Johannesburg

mastering by Parasyke at Unwitting Host

you have to put these in credits now (even though it doesn't make any sense)

and don't forget capitalisations as well

I added a release too, couple of weeks ago but it's still pending. The problem with that is: I want to rate some of my unrated cds and change the rating to others. But to rate a cd now I have to have a rank 5. But to have a rank 5 I have to add releases. But to add releases they have to subscript the release I added. :lol:

It sucks to wait forever to get your pendings accepted... I've been there, done that...

Anyway, maybe it's because both you guys have a Discogs score of zero? Also, none of you added moderation notes - that ALWAYS helps... Adding cover art is also a good idea + a few notes (I know you did that Delars... Oh, and you'll have to credit the mastering on that release according to the new guidelines)...

Maybe you guys should 'unpend' and go earn some points and get a higher rank - that way mods will notice you more easily... It's easy getting points by adding comments, adding pictures, making corrections, etc... You can get a 100 rank in a few days, if you apply yourself... There are LOADS of updates waiting to happen within psytrance/goa/etc...

So, get busy - and get yourself known around Discogs... That way your future pendings will quickly be accepted... ;o)

/DP

It sucks to wait forever to get your pendings accepted... I've been there, done that...

Anyway, maybe it's because both you guys have a Discogs score of zero? Also, none of you added moderation notes - that ALWAYS helps... Adding cover art is also a good idea + a few notes (I know you did that Delars... Oh, and you'll have to credit the mastering on that release according to the new guidelines)...

Maybe you guys should 'unpend' and go earn some points and get a higher rank - that way mods will notice you more easily... It's easy getting points by adding comments, adding pictures, making corrections, etc... You can get a 100 rank in a few days, if you apply yourself... There are LOADS of updates waiting to happen within psytrance/goa/etc...

So, get busy - and get yourself known around Discogs... That way your future pendings will quickly be accepted... ;o)

/DP

410631[/snapback]

In conclusion, give them a blowjob and your releases will be added immediately. :rolleyes:

Hehe.. Well, yeah...

No but seriously - the first couple of submissions are always the hardest... But after you get the hang of it, you'll get your pendings moted fast... I've had releases accepted in 20 minutes... Now that's fast! :)

Discogs seems quite hard... You've got to have a ranking to review or comment?

What the fuck... Give more people oportunity to comment and we will get more info on the music.

410648[/snapback]

That's not true... You can comment all you want without a rank - but you get rank points by each comment... The thing you CAN'T do without a rank, is vote on releases... That measure was made, because there was a lot of fake users signing up to either bash or praise releases... X-Noize style! ;)

/DP

you know, and i'm aware that it's to comment on the sidelines, but wouldn't checking submissions proceed faster if there weren't a booklet of rules full of detailistic rules? less rules means less chance for errors and less to check for

personally, i don't care the slightest if there's proper capitalisation, or if mastering is mentioned in notes rather than credits, as long the actual information is correct

you'd even might want to consider a system like wikipedia's which would remove the need for moderators and eliminate waiting times

you know, and i'm aware that it's to comment on the sidelines, but wouldn't checking submissions proceed faster if there weren't a booklet of rules full of detailistic rules? less rules means less chance for errors and less to check for

personally, i don't care the slightest if there's proper capitalisation, or if mastering is mentioned in notes rather than credits, as long the actual information is correct

you'd even might want to consider a system like wikipedia's which would remove the need for moderators and eliminate waiting times

410705[/snapback]

Well, I didn't make the rules on Discogs, but I for one, like the way it's done... In the old days Discogs was a Babylonian chaos with tons of errors which pretty rendered it useless... I like the fact, that everything is double checked to ensure the highest possible accuracy... Also, the very nature of Discogs is cross-referencing, which would be pretty useless if all data wasn't correct...

Yes, it might take a while for new users to get their stuff accepted, but as I stated earlier, that's just until you get the hang of it... After that, it flows smoothly...

/DP