Hall of Fame

Basilisk

I´d personally add "Spirallianz - Blastfood" as it was one of a kind at that time and turned the whole psyscene upside down instead of Stereopark which was actually a bit disappointing imo.

others to add to the list:

Koxbox - Dragon Tales

Midi Miliz - Antistat

Xenomorph - Cassandra´s nightmare

Dark Soho - Sunspot

Beat Bizarre - Lewd

Noma - Navigator

The Delta - Send in... Send back

V/A - Unusual Supsects

more to come

I agree with Basilisk about Double Dragon - Continuum. not necessarily on the 12 Moons album..

409293[/snapback]

Double Dragon Continuum?

Just curious. What was so excellent/amazing about this album? Don't get me wrong, it had some serious badass-ness to it, but I never understood why so many people considered it so great. There was one track, -ONE TRACK!- that easily stood out amongst the others as being great (for more people than just myself, read the reviews on this in old goatrance reviews section, you'll see what I mean) ...that track being ENCRUSTED FIFTH The album showcased a great deal of mixing, toppling layers of little psy-sounds I think.. and then one day became unavailable everywhere I searched for it. Maybe I don't remember something, and the point of this is not to disagree.

Maybe someone can explain why you strongly feel this is a classic. What exists in the album as a whole that makes it a classic for you?

* Surprisingly, the Double Dragon album is unavailable on psyshop, saikosounds, amazon, etc.. You can't even SAMPLE it on saikosounds?!! Not even the samples are available to stream! Did Phantasm Records go out of business or something? :huh::blink:

Double Dragon Continuum?

Maybe someone can explain why you strongly feel this is a classic. What exists in the album as a whole that makes it a classic for you?

409946[/snapback]

the fact that it's an excellent psychedelic album in an absolutely unique style - there's been nothing before or since that resembles it. One of the best all time, music-wise, imo. I am sorry I can't break it down into pieces and parts, I hear music as a whole, not 'bassline, layer, tweak, hi-hat, whatever'.

still disagree about Cassandra's Nightmare - rather mediocre album, music-wise. though it did influence quite a few people.

nope we wont ignore it at all ....we like to bitch  :)

409261[/snapback]

Really, there is bitching on psynews? I never noticed that before... :rolleyes::lol::lol::lol:

Anyway, I have to additions to make:

Yahel - Waves Of Sound (2000)

I know a lot of people hat Yahel with a passion but even when you dislike his style you should consider the following: he had his unique sound, the album was big in 2000, a lot of people got crazy about it and tracks (especially Waves Of Sound, For The People and Last Man In The Universe) were played A LOT. I don't know if that is enough if not, ok...:)

Psysex - Expression Of Rage (1999)

A bit like the explanation above. I don't know if it's enough to put it in the hall of fame but why not think about it.

And what about the first XV Kilist album? It's a classic in the minimal genre, the tracks got played on every party, promotion this kind of sound. I don't know if this maybe was a regional thing but I don't think so (btw. I absolutely hate this sound so I'm not only mentioning albums because I like them but because I really consider them a classic).

Maybe this gives you some new thoughts... :)

I would definitely take out Double Dragon's Continuum (not only did this album pretty much suck, I don't recall there being much of a big deal with it beyond the initial hype that got it highlighted in the reviews), as well as Spirallianz's Stereopark, and replace it with Blast Food.

Sorry to be a nitpick, but Alien Protein came out in 1996... And my memory tells me Phosphorescent didn't hit store shelves until 1997, even though it's often referred to as a 1996 album. I could be wrong there though - anyone have a press release for it? It should make the list regardless of year though.

I'd like to remove Bible of Dreams from the list and instead add Beyond The Infinite (1996) and Transmissions (1993), as already mentioned by several people.

Also, for 1994 the first Order Odonata must be included! The importance of this compilation is immense.

I think Prana - Cyclone deserves a mention as well, even though it was a bit of a compilation album like TIP's Feeling Weird. Prana were big and important enough to warrant a mention.

The israeli scene gets very little mention in the early years, but perhaps the Indoor album is worth listing? Poor distribution outside of Israel deterred from it's impact, but it's still a huge album.

lol

did Cinos find a new identity or something?  :rolleyes:

410284[/snapback]

This is too hard. I hate not being overly objective about music. I don't know what's legendary. I know labels, albums on the other hand, if I like it, I like it and it goes on my plus list, which is most music I hear :-D because it's there for different reasons and feelings, jeah! So, really....I will say:

Timothy Leary - Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out - Mercury Records 1967?!

Okay, that's absurd, whatever. Anyways, goodluck with the list. All the pre-00' shit listed thus far I love and would add a thousand more if it were up to me:-D

Aaron

1997 - Dimension 5 - Transdimensional anyone?

And what about the first XV Kilist album? It's a classic in the minimal genre, the tracks got played on every party, promotion this kind of sound. I don't know if this maybe was a regional thing but I don't think so (btw. I absolutely hate this sound so I'm not only mentioning albums because I like them but because I really consider them a classic).

410103[/snapback]

I, who is one who "hate" minimal, actually thinks that albums is very good. I can't stand Son Kite minimal or that kind but XV Kilist first album rocks. I haven't heard that kind of minimal since, which is a shame :/

It's the best minimal released to date :)

410312[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong. There were a few XV Kilist tracks I really liked before he released that album, and I had lots of confidence that it would be great, but man, it was like three notes repeated over and over and over and over, ad infinitum.

And don't get me started on that Son Kite crap. Jesus. That was so depressingly awful.

I got into the minimal thing. I liked stuff like Noma. But there were some really horrible releases. Of course that's merely my opinion. I'm sure neither of us are alone with our views, Insejn. BTW, I always liked your avatar and sig. :)

Don't get me wrong. There were a few XV Kilist tracks I really liked before he released that album, and I had lots of confidence that it would be great, but man, it was like three notes repeated over and over and over and over, ad infinitum.

And don't get me started on that Son Kite crap. Jesus. That was so depressingly awful.

I got into the minimal thing. I liked stuff like Noma. But there were some really horrible releases. Of course that's merely my opinion. I'm sure neither of us are alone with our views, Insejn. BTW, I always liked your avatar and sig. :)

410325[/snapback]

I can't recall that I've heard tracks from him before that album.

Perhaps the notes are repeated but I like the bouncy feeling the drums creates. Also the sfx is cool :) Come on, you can't say K.P.O is bad ;)

I haven't listen to Noma enough to have a valid oppinion hehe.

Thanks for the avatar and sig. comment. Thats very kind of you :)

Too bad I can't say the same about yours :P

It's the best minimal released to date :)

410312[/snapback]

hmmm dont really now about that shiva chandra has made some really good stuff too.....lunaspice,positive and auricular... :)

I can't recall that I've heard tracks from him before that album.

Perhaps the notes are repeated but I like the bouncy feeling the drums creates. Also the sfx is cool :) Come on, you can't say K.P.O is bad ;)

I haven't listen to Noma enough to have a valid oppinion hehe.

Thanks for the avatar and sig. comment. Thats very kind of you :)

Too bad I can't say the same about yours :P

410328[/snapback]

Bitch.

Yeah, there was the XV track, Seitenzwack, on Goa-Head 10, I think it was. Very cool. And Linse, which I think was unreleased, or maybe on a single, but I had a friend who was good friends with Kilist, and he sent me some stuff on CD. I was HUGE into XV Kilist at the time, which is why the album was that much more depressing.

I don't even remember the album very well. I think I listened to it once, put it away out of disappointment, then tried it again just in case some time later, then I think I actually threw it in the garbage, which is something I rarely do. (Skazi's Storm album earned that rite, too, along with Son Kite's first album, I forget what it was called now.)

Tatsu - Did more than, like, three people actually like that XV Kilist album? It was so horrible, even for minimal standards.

410268[/snapback]

Well, back in the days a lot of people around me swore that is is great. I personally hate that style so I can't judge what is good and what is bad. But XV Killist was one of the big acts back then.

Another comp. that maybe should be inluded:

v/A - Space Mandala from 1998 I guess.

Mainly Israeli stuff on it but for me (and I know also for a lot of other people) this is one of the best comps ever.