Can somebody enlighten me on following artists?

Goannes

Can somebody give me some more information about the music style of following artists? These are artists I know very little or nothing about and they are coming to play on the Soulclipse. So I know if I should check them out on the fest or not. Tnx!

- Ajja

- Apex

- CCL

- Deeper in Zen

- Double Impact

- EVP

- Inner Action

- Jellyheadz

- Reality Grid

- Yab Yum

Mostly dark I guess?

Cheers!

Can somebody give me some more information about the music style of following artists? These are artists I know very little or nothing about and they are coming to play on the Soulclipse. So I know if I should check them out on the fest or not. Tnx!

- Ajja

- Apex

- CCL

- Deeper in Zen

- Double Impact

- EVP

- Inner Action

- Jellyheadz

- Reality Grid

- Yab Yum

Mostly dark I guess?

Cheers!

409148[/snapback]

Haven't heard about the others, but you definitely should check EVP & Reality Grid. Listen to the samples here:

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=4787

It's deeply psychedelic underground british music, very twisted, trippy and cheese-free. It's not dark though, however I wouldn't call it morning-trance either :)

- Ajja

- Apex

- CCL

- Deeper in Zen

- Double Impact

- EVP

- Inner Action

- Jellyheadz

- Reality Grid

- Yab Yum

Mostly dark I guess?

Cheers!

409148[/snapback]

* Ajja: Part of the Peak Records posse - When it's Ajja, it's the chill division!

* Double Impact: Crrrrrrrrap! Released the worst album of 2002! Avoid!

* EVP: Trippy, magical, acid-ridden old-school underground psytrance... VERY good!

* JellyHeadz: Dark, twisted night-trance... Good, but not among the best within the genre

* Reality grid: Dark, psychedelic night-trance - multilayered and soaked in acid... Kinda like EVP and almost as good

* Yab Yum: Oh man - These are the Peak Records label bosses Ajja S.F. Leu & DJ Gaspard - and every single compilation track I've heard from these guys have been AMAZING... Seriously, they RULE... Deeply tribal, twisted, darkish psytrance - riddled with acid and breaks, build-ups and climaxes... Should be the best act of the night! Look forward to it!

The rest I don't know...

/DP

- Inner Action

- Yab Yum

409148[/snapback]

These two are probably the only lives I'd bother checking into from the list... IA is like CPU in some ways, full-on mental nutter stuff, which I'd probably get a bit tired of after a while... Yab Yum, more tame dark trance with a psychedelic edge - probably better loud and live than it sounds on CD at home (never much liked 'em honestly)... if you miss 'em alll you'll still live :)

Thanks for the fast responses, almost all acts are cleared out, except for Apex, CCL and Deeper in Zen.

I will definately try to experience Yab Yum, EVP and Reality Grid. Samples sounds promising.

Soulclipse here I come.

Definitely check out Jellyheadz - crazy futuristic alien psychedelic trance. along with Zik and Fractal Cowboys they make some of the most interesting experimental psytrance within the genre.

Deeper in Zen can be good, or it can be a bit monotonous. I haven't heard their last album - the one before that wasn't all that, but their older stuff is top notch.

Thanks for the fast responses, almost all acts are cleared out, except for Apex, CCL and Deeper in Zen.

I will definately try to experience Yab Yum, EVP and Reality Grid. Samples sounds promising.

Soulclipse here I come.

409181[/snapback]

CCL is a colaboration between REV (Doof) got an album out last year 'Inverted'... and Paul Elfferich (Zebra-N)...

there's an interview with EVP here > http://www.sonic-energy.net/interviews/EVP.html

if you are looking for a good jellyheadz track check "insomnia" on (invisible incursion) top notch B)

Definitely check out Jellyheadz - crazy futuristic alien psychedelic trance. along with Zik and Fractal Cowboys they make some of the most interesting experimental psytrance within the genre.

Deeper in Zen can be good, or it can be a bit monotonous. I haven't heard their last album - the one before that wasn't all that, but their older stuff is top notch.

409233[/snapback]

Never seen a Jellyheadz album. Neither a Zik one. only seen their songs on compilations. but yeah. seriously good dark psy.

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

i think Jellyheadz is a french band but :unsure: nevertheless definitivly into dark side of trance.

Deeper In Zen is american producing boring full on & minimal ambient, he's involved in Soular rec.

And Inner Action seems for me to belong to the full on area.

409233[/snapback]

i'd like to check out Jellyheadz too. a friend talked pretty nice about them. he's into cutting-edge / dark psytrance. so Jellyheadz may go to that cathegory.

Deeper In Zen .. i have the album Deeper In Zen - Balance (2005). it's a cool one, pretty dark and psychedelic/spooky but fun & playful also, and follows a bit a progressive line, meaning it may be repetitive. please check the samples at saikosound. i provided link. i'd love to see Deeper In Zen live.

don't know anything about their more recent stuff though. *checking some samples now* .. sounds like dark full on stuff.

Never seen a Jellyheadz album. Neither a Zik one. only seen their songs on compilations. but yeah. seriously good dark psy.

409539[/snapback]

I think there's two Zik albums coming out soon, and a Fractal Cowboys/Manyface split album. Manyface is Jellyheadz and Dejan together.