MFG - Message From God

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like schlab music.

410348[/snapback]

:blink:

yeah, something like that. If a band or act releases an album it doesn't automaticly mean its a great album! Compare it to Metallica , everyone loved their first albums.. after that they started to release crap, especially "St. Anger" but many people still liked it because it was "the fucken' 'tallica man!!!" ;)

409961[/snapback]

hey m8! u cant compare metallica with the whole music galaxy!!! they r the fucking ALCOHOLICA for ever and evah!!! total respectz...

Posted Image

They could just stay away like they did all this years.

Instead,they chose to release some full-on crap and make some money.

And im not surprised at all.

407563[/snapback]

ARGH !

I am surprised actually ! <_<:unsure:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Cosmogenesis

I listen the free MFG track "positive energy" when I recently visit the hommega site. IMO it sounds different of the others boring full-on stuffs that we can listen today. I'm sure that many tracks of the new album are very promising.

I listen the audio samples of the track called "enlightment", and it reminds me old MFG stuffs.

Furthermore, I have found a MFG live video on the psysurfeur website (www.psysurfeur.com) for the 2nd anniversary of Kairoo records. MFG are presented at that time many of our upcoming tracks from "Message from God" album. If you listen the second track of this video, I think that everyone will be very surprised! IMO, a pure masterpiece with an amaaazing crystal background melody, who reminds me why MFG are one of the best all-time goa pionneers.

They could just stay away like they did all this years.

Instead,they chose to release some full-on crap and make some money.

And im not surprised at all.

407563[/snapback]

well, you are not the one who will tell them what to do and what not, right ;)?

i mean - they are only humans, they cant live on solar energy, can they? even if they could i doubt that their families are be able. what so hard to understand? seems that people glorify those thing too much... "humans cant live if there is no money to buy food for" :)

ofcourse i understand that all artists could start to produce something new and then things will change, but as you see its not happening, since everyone is probably shit scared that they will stay without incomes ;).

i for example like MFG first 2-3 albums,well the message sounded somehow uninspiring to me, i doubt that i will love M.F.G., but it doesnt mean that because of that they have become vorse musicians.

:)

Guest Cosmogenesis

I agree with you Inzomniac, The Message sounds a little full-on. But is there any guy who has seen the 12 minutes MFG live on the video section on the psysurfeur website? I want to know your opinion about the second track they've played.

I agree with you Inzomniac, The Message sounds a little full-on. But is there any guy who has seen the 12 minutes MFG live on the video section on the psysurfeur website? I want to know your opinion about the second track they've played.

434128[/snapback]

Actually I was at that party, and I must say it sounded mostly ok, and the last 2 song were SUPERB, very crazy and super psychedelic... The rest was more full on line for 2-3 minutes and then a recognisable MFG break/melody, and then back some full on like part...

It's definately better as 95% of most full on these days!

Guest Cosmogenesis

I share the same point of view. IMO, full-on should take this direction in the future. It's a better evolution of psychedelic trance.

I'm looking forward to the new album :unsure:

The Message was okay in my book, but I really loved Project Genesis .. especially "Open Mind" and "Why?" - two amazingly great tracks :D I hope they keep that style on the new album.

I'm looking forward to the new album :unsure:

The Message was okay in my book, but I really loved Project Genesis .. especially "Open Mind" and "Why?" - two amazingly great tracks :D I hope they keep that style on the new album.

434482[/snapback]

I listen, listen and re-listen Project Genesis since 1998 !

I call it the "wet" album because of the sensation that the synths in this album have wet sounds. A very uncommon album.

(your "Titanium" is uncommon too ! ;) )

Listen to the samples; it's full on :(

Sounds really boring in my opinion.

407331[/snapback]

Some of you obviously know how good/great MFG's first several albums were. My thoughts:

The Prophecy - (1996) - Very good, a solid debut. Some impressive work!

New Kind of World - (1997) - I thought was pretty good. It seems to go back to their more uplifting or not darker goatrance, however it seems to be a bit too focused on being dance-friendly. My complaint always was the kickdrum being dropped so very soon into almost every song, because it seemed to ignore the parts for those interesting intros. A good amount of fans seemed to like this one the most overall.

Project Genesis (1998) - is my favorite album by MFG. I thought it was great! The darker goatrance approach I found intriging and super cool. The track WHY is unforgettable. The only thing I didn't care for was the ripped-off Independence Day album cover. Nonetheless, it's the music that counts.

The Message - (2001) - Pretty good I thought. More fans in general seemed to be a bit disappointed with this one over their previous three. I actually liked it more than New Kind of World for some reason but not over Project and Prophecy.

After that: MFG seemed to stop doing music around the same time Astral Projection stopped doing the great goatrance stuff. Why do they seem to follow AP's foot-steps, I never quite understood that. Their cover on their 4th album was no longer colorful or psychedelic, just like AP's AMEN album. Anyway, AP goes and makes club trance and MFG seems to disappear, until now.

Based on their 4 long samples from their 2006 album:

For the future of man-kind I like. I actually like it the most from their samples so far. It's nothing spectacular or great to me, but I like those melodies... When the voice says.. "For the future of Man-kind," those melodies are catchy, cool,yes... I so hope the album will improve with the next couple tracks I haven't heard or didn't hear enough of.

In search of truth sounds pretty cool I think, but a bit repetitive to me. MFG was always great with melodies and I like parts here. It's not goatrance anymore though. I prefer their psychedelic, goatrance over this full-on psytrance, but it's not bad. I think it's actually better than most full-on sounding stuff out there. However, for an MFG song I was looking for something more impressive.

Positive Energy: Are you serious?! That's it? I PRAY there are some really good/great tracks (super-songs) on this 5th album because I'm so far NOT impressed. This track isn't terrible, there's a part that seems to really pick up with with more energy and aggression, but overall I find the track BORING. If Positive Energy is track 4... MFG usually puts their best tracks in the middle. I could be wrong but track 4 doesn't seem like the best spot to put a weak song unless this is one of their best new songs. In that case, I have a feeling it won't be a bad album, just one that isn't nearly as good as the previous ones. :huh:

Enlightment - Another decent track. I do't know. When the music stops it gets more interesting, like where will it go next... doesn't seem to go anywhere great, but it does get prertty good with melodies, chimes, tunes, etc... it's just different from the old MFG sound and I have to accept that.

Overall, I'm surprised if this is considered good by them after all these years of silence, no releases. C'mon guys! Is it impossible for you to make some intricate, imaginative, energy-charged goa-inflenced psytrance anymore? Let's hear some great music. We're your fans here since 1996! This is their first album in like 6 years and so far it sounds pretty typical. But after what happened with AP, I'm not shocked. Maybe MFG just can't make aweosme music anymore. I hope they're these aren't their best new tracks.

cocco, i wont even respond to your silly and ignorant post; new kind of world is their second album and project genesis is their third.

438217[/snapback]

Oops. I suppose you've never made a mistake. It's been years since I listened to these MFG albums and I just switched those two to the right order above. There are cooler/nicer ways to inform someone if they've made a mistake. Thanks for correcting me.

i dont care much for your theory about MFG being a copycat or some sort of mimic of astral projection. true, they got inspired by 'let there be light' in the very beginning but thats it.

you whined about their album cover of 'the message'. art is subjective and you are entitled to an opinion but whats not subjective is the fact that 'the message' was released a long time before astrals album 'amen' witch means MFG did not copy them. you also said that MFG disappeared while astral released club trance. i assume you have forgotten that guy zukrel released a morning trance/club trance album between 'project genesis' and 'the message' while aharon were busy with his family and his religious beliefs.

no one but aharon and guy knows why they havent been active but trying to find correlation between the music astral projection makes and the dissapearance of MFG is plain silly.

i dont care much for your theory about MFG being a copycat or some sort of mimic of astral projection. true, they got inspired by 'let there be light' in the very beginning but thats it.

I see what your getting out. I don't think AP or MFG were ever exactly copycats of each other. I just noticed some coincedences or similarities, hence the footsteps comment which is subjective obviously anyway. I always felt MFG was inspired by AP in the beginning, but they developed alot of originality from these inspirations and became great in my eyes. There probably is no correlation between the music AP makes and MFG not doing MFG albums for some time anyway, fine. I simply remember around one year apart, (2000-2001) both MFG and AP released a main album that I found disappointing in compaison to their earlier main albums. I'm not saying either one followed the other in this, I simply wish they both made goatrance after the 1998-1999 times of Project Genesis and Another World. For me, both artists never returned to making an awesome main album since.

Yes, Amen released well after The Message, I meant the other way around again. ;) As far as me saying MFG dissapeared goes...Yes, I suppose it would have sounded better to say nearly 5 years passed with no MFG album, until now. As far as these artists family and beliefs goes... you know more about that. Like most listeners, I draw a perspective mainly from whats released, their music, and so if several years pass like they did after Project Genesis, I started to wonder if they were done with MFG albums since they had released an album once a year (each year for 3 years) prior to that. In short, some of what I wrote above should have been more carefully thought out. You know more about MFG obviously. Do you know when their new album is supposed to release this month? Someone said Febuary but they didn't elaborate?. I can't fiind anything on saikosounds or psyshop and I'm looking forward to hearing this in its entirety.

hello again.

i dont know anything about their new release, i had actually given up my hope on them releasing more music (as a group) since a couple of years. i remember that they said that if 'the message' didnt go well in terms of record sales and getting booked for partys they would consider other directions with their music. so maybe they did turn into sellouts, i dont know. as you so wisely said, lets wait until we have heard it in its entirety, and dont make hasty conclusions on singles and samples.

Guest Cosmogenesis

Does someone know the exactly released date of Message From God? We are now February the 16th, and the released date is planned for February... Maybe the album will be reported to march?

oh noooo

MFG - Why

go and have a listen and wonder how a track sounds like you re tripping on `cid even when you re not...

MFG had so many crazy tunes and showed me that you dont have to have weird sounds or samples to sound out of this world and crazy.

MFG always takes me on a trip where I forget space-time.

The new samples though

sound

hopeless

-->goes crying