Secede

sherlockalien

So I was listening to bluetech´s mix hosted on chaishop, and at minute 29 this amazing track comes in, with such a beautiful melody, I was blown away

so I asked in isratrance whats the name of the track, and they said its Secede - Leraine

I saw that they just released an album, available on saikosounds, called Secede - Tryshasla ..

The samples sound amazing, sort of like ishq, but with a bigger speed, more things happening somehow...

I suggest you guys check it out, if you like ishq, or just chill/ambient in general.... and check this track im talking about, Leraine.. The sample starts really slow, and this melody im talking about only starts at about min 1:20, 1:30, so wait till it really starts..

what do you guys think of the samples?

anybody knew it already ?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool, didnt think about checking on discogs hehe

hey, beautiful artwork too heh?

So I was listening to bluetech´s mix hosted on chaishop, and at minute 29 this amazing track comes in, with such a beautiful melody, I was blown away

so I asked in isratrance whats the name of the track, and they said its Secede - Leraine

405153[/snapback]

Did you get a full tracklist for the mix? If so, please, post it!

Did you get a full tracklist for the mix? If so, please, post it!

405364[/snapback]

1. Johann Johannson - Odi Et Amo

2. Helios - Velius

3. Mr. Projectile - I Am Back

4. Bugge Wesseltoft - Hope

5. Felix Laband - Red Handed

6. Secede - Leraine

7. Miwon - Hush

8. Studio Pankow - Heidelberger Platz

9. Bichi - Whirl __ A Stream Of Comfort, To Cool And Surround Me, Untill I Lose Sight Of My Own Defeat

10. Zorn - Gone

11. Marconi Union - Buildings and People

12. Vector Lovers - Neon Sky Rain

13. Aeroc - My Love, The Wave Break

Hey Alien. I've got it. It's really good. Very magical, with some moody, cinematic, atmospheric tracks, and some up-tempo stuff. It's supposed to be a journey of sorts. The other two albums on Sending Orbs are good too, especially the Kettel album. We're definitely more in the IDM vein, though, but that's my favorite style so I may be biased.

(It's definitely NOT drum 'n' bass.)

If you like this sort of thing, you may want to make the jump to Toytronic Records. They've been releasing some very high quality, melodic IDM. Lots of samples at their site. Their compilations might be a good place to start, but I can HIGHLY recommend Ochre's album, A Midsummer Nice Dream.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Secede - Superpukofigher

I don't know if this is the same Secede.. but anyway, this tune rocks! Videogame IDM'ish stuff. Quite old tune as well.. it was released on the Eerik Inpuj netlabel.

Sounds nice... Didn't know about it, but Discogs users rates it really high... There's also a couple of short reviews... Looks interesting for sure!  :)

405156[/snapback]

WTF? It sais the artwork is done by: Jeroen Advocaat .. this guy gave a couple of per spective drawing / 3D classes to me. :huh:

I love Secede!! its such beautiful music with amazing melodies, probably my favourite ambient/idm group, they have a new album out i think, or soon maybe...need to hear it!

415775[/snapback]

I can highly recommend secede's album, it's a very beautiful ambient music mix... without a doubt one of my fave ambient albums. it feel's like an atmospheric soundtrack to a movie. Get yourself a copy before it's out of print (i think only 2000 were made and i bought 3 heheh).

I wouldn't call it IDM, there's no cut up beats or anything IDM like to it. Though the sending orbs record label does release more IDM'y stuff from kettel & funckarma. (If you're after something a bit more idm'y in the same vein i'd highly recommend the "Yasume - Where we're from the birds sing a pretty song" album)

Track 3 is beautiful... reminds me of music by Tycho [ http://tychomusic.com/ ] or even the Bloodlock track on Sasha's Airdrawndagger album.

Any similar recommendations to Secede's album are much appreciated! :)

I have to say most of the samples sound pretty nice, but some a bit boring.

416401[/snapback]

As a journey / whole-album it's a very chilling experience, i don't skip between tracks at all and so I think that's why i love it so.

Perfect music for bedtime, relaxing, and sex :-) I'd say the album is a lot more ambient than most psy-chillout - most tracks don't have any beats.

Support the label & buy it from the labels site if you can [ http://www.sendingorbs.com/content/artists/secede ] (it's more expensive than from Saiko Sounds but more money will reach the artist.)

• 1 month later...

WTF? It sais the artwork is done by: Jeroen Advocaat .. this guy gave a couple of per spective drawing / 3D classes to me. :huh:

415586[/snapback]

He seems to make all the Sending Orbs artwork, atleast Kettel and Secede albums, I don't have the Funckarma album yet, but it looks like his work :)

If you're after something a bit more idm'y in the same vein i'd highly recommend the "Yasume - Where we're from the birds sing a pretty song" album

416212[/snapback]

That's a fucking great album, can't get enough of it :D

As a journey / whole-album it's a very chilling experience, i don't skip between tracks at all and so I think that's why i love it so.

416535[/snapback]

That's the only way to listen to it ;)

• 4 months later...

Can anyone report on the Yagya album?

I recommended the artist Ochre to Sherlock earlier in this thread, and I wanted to let people looking for decent music in this genre know that he's got a new album out called Lemodie on Benbecula Records. I just got it yesterday and I can only say that it is a fantastic album from start to finish - blows the first one away, and I thought that was a good album. Again, it's slightly IDM-ish, but not all cut up like a lot of people think IDM is supposed to be. Blissful stuff.

Samples here.

• 3 months later...

Secede + Sending Orbs are definitely on my watch list. Secede has a new CD/vinyl EP titled Vega Libre - coming out this year (fingers crossed) and hopefully a new solo album. :D

Tryshasla is definitely a safe purchase, the artwork is absolutely stunning (like it is for the other SO releases) and the music blew me away first time and still does...

I'm definitely thinking of getting some of SO's back catalogue. Otto: Lemodie, I agree is a fantastic album, very melancholic in places - can you recommend similar? :)

Can anyone report on the Yagya album?

I recommended the artist Ochre to Sherlock earlier in this thread, and I wanted to let people looking for decent music in this genre know that he's got a new album out called Lemodie on Benbecula Records. I just got it yesterday and I can only say that it is a fantastic album from start to finish - blows the first one away, and I thought that was a good album. Again, it's slightly IDM-ish, but not all cut up like a lot of people think IDM is supposed to be. Blissful stuff.

Samples here.

581553[/snapback]

Lemodie is easily one of the best albums of 2006.It's pure magic.

I need to meet that guy,we are living in the same town.

Oh and the Yagya album is amazing.Very chilling and ethereal,slow beats and soft sounds,recommended.

Edit:talking about Ochre,there's a new (free) mp3 comp by Sutemos net label including a new Ochre track http://www.ochremusic.com/

Edit2:Don't forget to check the Num Num track on this comp and of course the comp itself,in case you ignore it's existance.

Edit3:yeah i know "ignore" wasn't the right word to put there.

Otto: Lemodie, I agree is a fantastic album, very melancholic in places - can you recommend similar?  :)

651733[/snapback]

http://www.discogs.com/release/203824

http://www.discogs.com/release/33292 (a MUST have)

http://www.discogs.com/release/329833

http://www.discogs.com/release/535278 (quite different,deeper with industrialized beats but a true classic)

http://www.discogs.com/release/197688 (!)

Also check Maps & Diagrams.

That's all for now.