Kino Oko - Lost Entertainment

GaySatanicHippie

9/10 !

impressed from the first listen... ;)

from the official k.o. site:

Kino Oko next album to be released probably on spring of 2007 on Horns and Hoofs again,

im in half way to finish it. Working name is "Renaissance"

but i'm almost sure final name will be changed.

<<- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - >>

Bigwigs next album to be released spring of 2007 on Horns and Hoofs too.

Our new developed system of team working allows us to work paralelly on many tracks.

We work in both studios: Kino Oko and Preacox.

Result of our last sessions is impressive and we feel very excited about this album.

interesting... can't wait for the next one(s) really!

This is definately an album that I would like to listen to more!

It's quality through & through, all tracks are great & it works really well as an album but.... it just doesn't make it to my CD player that often. I don't know what's missing, maybe it just needs that one time when I'll be in the right frame of mind to appreciate it fully then I'll adore it for evermore.

• 1 year later...

I admit I loved it on first listen but didn't really appreciate it for the gem it is until recently! So much going on... B)

• 1 year later...

It was my first listen today and i'm not surprised with the intentional weirdness and amateurism of this album.

I am glad i've had an opportunity to listen to this today and not the time it was released because i just would have hated it. But albums like Bigwig's "National heroes of sonic parallel" and kino oko's latest "alphabetically divided highway" opened my mind for this enchanting kind of music. And now it's such a pleasure to listen to it.

• 9 years later...

I have received this as a freebie from Horns and Hoofs. I'm very thankful they sent this CD to me. This has had the most spins compared to any other CD since the time it reached home. Wonderful funky groove throughout the album with some really interesting moments evenly spread out. Thoroughly enjoying this one. Will definitely try out all Kino Oko's albums in the near future. 

• 1 month later...