New Mindcrawlers tracks

Aeros

Hello everyone! Mindcrawlers is my psygoa project between myself and my friend Psyrius. We're working hard on pushing forward our style of goa trance highlighted by modern production and a psytrance atmosphere. We are unsigned and as so would very much like to contribute to this scene. If you are a label and would like to release us on a compilation or otherwise, contact us (mindcrawlers@gmail.com) We are very big on the oldschool goa sound as well as modern melodic psytrance.

We'll post new tracks for you guys as we complete them here, starting off with...

Firebloom - 144BPM, heavy oldschool influence all the way throughout the track - psy intro with loads of FX melts into a n oldschool goa groove, climbing into a spiritual trance trip in the middle and at 7:00 is a part done in tribute to MFG, and then getting all topped of with a euphoric ending.

Stream or Download at Acidplanet or Beatbiz

• 4 weeks later...

Mindcrawlers & Infinite Dimensions - Wizard Magic - 150BPM Newschool Goa track. High quality production and heavy trance melodies all throughout. This is the Mindcrawlers remix of Infinite Dimension's Wizards track. Both tracks should be highly esteemed, enjoy the song fellow psynewsers :)

Stream or Download at Acidplanet or Beatbiz

More is on the way.

• 3 weeks later...

Mindcrawlers - Soulburn - 145 BPM Melodic Psytrance done under a modern production with a heavy influence on the trance part ;) This one took a long time to make and was reworked twice, ultimately I'm really happy with the result, and it would be my first pure psytrance track.

Stream or Download at Beatbiz or AcidPlanet

Comments on techniques/production/overall are much appreciate, I try to improve with each new track I make.

:o !!! I'm impressed!!!

No, actually I think I'm jealous. :D

I just listened Soulburn and also your other tracks and it has it all : the old-scholl feeling and energy, the modern production quality, the goa melodies !!!

I also appreciate the large variety of style your tracks provide like the nervous and energetic "Wizard Magic" or the slower more trippy "Plunge".

The only bad thing I could say is that some of your track lacks a memorable melody, the kind of melody that makes you instanly recognize a track. But that's just a detail.

I think my favorites are Firebloom and Soulburn, but I've got to give them more listen. With 6 tracks, over 1 hour of music, that makes almost a complete album from you :D

Maybe you should contact a label like Suntrip to release your tracks, what do you thhink ?

The only bad thing I could say is that some of your track lacks a memorable melody, the kind of melody that makes you instanly recognize a track. But that's just a detail.

This is true, I'm aware of that too :) If you notice much of these tracks have a huge amount of melodies and melody variations in them rather than sticking to one "anthem" that would make the song more memorable. This is because I'm still largely practicing and improving my experience both in composition and production.

Maybe you should contact a label like Suntrip to release your tracks, what do you thhink

I would love to score a release on a compilation, but I believe I have much much more to improve before I can be confident in my music. Right now I'm working an a 100% darkpsy track to polish up my production skills. I've never made darkpsy before and this is the first time I'm doing this but its sounding wonderful. For me its a test to see how well I can translate an idea into music, especially music that I've never done before.

Its sounding amazing so far and in my opinion will fit with any other darkpsy track if you hear them back to back, and is stylized enough to sound original (I hope) to Mindcrawlers.... Derango inspires me way too much, I might be borowing some of their elements ;)

You can check out a 3 minute clip of the work in progress right here

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LNKYT2UN

(this is still FL6)

I'm abit skeptical about suntrip since my music is not oldschool goa, it simply is reminiscant about oldschool goa, as you say its got that modern production and goa melodies. With my music, the idea I'm toying with is that its a merge of modern psytrance and oldschool goa - psygoa, the sound and format should be right at home with full-on lovers but the energy and themes should fit perfectly with goa-fans (like myself)... however there is much more to do and I haven't yet produced any psygoa killers to introduce the style to people - as I say, I am still practicing and improving :) Before I contact any labels I want to be confident in my production and style. It was only 6 months ago when I was on these forums showing people an "intense oldschool goa track" from when I was producing solo as synogen, and I got flamed to hell because it sucked :P

Guest Cosmogenesis

Very interesting debut track and a great beginning in your darkpsy music experience. The strange atmosphere you have created with the special "organic" effects as introduction and the perfect timing entrance of the melody at 2:21 promise a great track at his end. Can't wait to hear the entire and finished piece.

About what you've said before, I agree with you. Your sounds are quite different of the suntrip releases, and maybe you should start your own label as your style is unique. IMO (maybe you will disagree with me), the track "firebloom" reminds me the Electron Wave styles for the mechanical F.X (especially for the introduction), and Dimension 5 for the melodic lines of the synths who are very fantastic. Maybe your style approach the "space techno psychedelic trance" definition of Dimension 5 style (see www.discogs.com for this). But for the others tracks you have made, I can say that it's difficult to compare, because your style is very unique.

And finally, I disagree with you when you said that you are not proud about your solo Synogen tracks! I have listen many of them on acidplanet, and I have found many very good ideas and feelings, interesting atmospheres on them. So, of course, you have make a big improvement and progress since your collaboration with psyrius as Mindcrawlers, but you can be proud of your first compositions.

• 4 weeks later...

I would love to score a release on a compilation, but I believe I have much much more to improve before I can be confident in my music. Right now I'm working an a 100% darkpsy track to polish up my production skills. I've never made darkpsy before and this is the first time I'm doing this but its sounding wonderful. For me its a test to see how well I can translate an idea into music, especially music that I've never done before.

But .. know you could always end in the trap of the money .. that would not be so bad with you maybe but you would definitely disappoint your true fans like this .. keep this from me if you find it sensible :rolleyes:

And finally, I disagree with you when you said that you are not proud about your solo Synogen tracks! I have listen many of them on acidplanet, and I have found many very good ideas and feelings, interesting atmospheres on them. So, of course, you have make a big improvement and progress since your collaboration with psyrius as Mindcrawlers, but you can be proud of your first compositions.

true ,, true , they will definitely be remebered though not so made with evolved skills :rolleyes:

The Mindcrawlers tracks are divine of course :wub:

• 4 weeks later...

Mindcrawlers - Illusions

Small new track...Illusions...only 4 minutes. This is made by psyrius and only mastered by me, I didn't get a chance to work on it because we lost the project files (virus...grrr....)

However, its still a solid 4 minutes of some unique psytrance with a dynamic bassline (say no to full-on)

Stream or download at AcidPlanet or Beatbiz

Guest Cosmogenesis

Mindcrawlers - Illusions

Small new track...Illusions...only 4 minutes. This is made by psyrius and only mastered by me, I didn't get a chance to work on it because we lost the project files (virus...grrr....)

However, its still a solid 4 minutes of some unique psytrance with a dynamic bassline (say no to full-on)

Stream or download at AcidPlanet or Beatbiz

498366[/snapback]

What a pity you can't finish it, because I very like the Psygone rhythm inside! :(

Is there really any possibilites to recreate it, or it's too difficult?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Mindcrawlers - Elixer - Elixer is a darkpsy/psytrance hybrid with elements of goa and an uplifting melodic climax.

Stream or Download at Beatbiz or Acidplanet

This is our Mindcrawlers original darkpsy debut to our listeners, presenting a crisp and modern production. This is our first production to use Side-chain compression which plays a big factor in the stunning sound quality. Thanks to Dave of Infinite Dimensions for teaching us/helping out. Also thanks to darkpsy artist Cybernetica for hooking up some of his albino presets. Visit www.cybernetica.de to hear his music. This track is composed in FL studio 6 using Sytrus (bassline) and z3ta+, albino for the leads, and Waves plugins for mastering and FX

Hands down the most crisp and proffesional production I've done to date, should have no trouble playing this next to your other darkpsy favorites ;)

Cybernetica I talked to you for about 5 minutes to get those presets, I'm sure you'd be interested to hear where they ended up. If you like this sound I won't say no to collabing with you sometime in the future :)

17 years old 179cm/ 64kg

:lol:;)

Guest Cosmogenesis

Any feedback on my first darkpsy track, or should I start posting new threads for each new song ;)

552407[/snapback]

Yes, you should have been created a new topic for your new track, as people become easily lazy to read again the older threads. :P

Concerning "Elixer", you have made, without any doubt, a great and long work. I find it original as it begins with a dark atmosphere created by the different superimposed FX and leads and finishes with a kind of "happy end" with some "balkanic" sensitive melodies! :D

Even if I still prefer your more goa influenced melodic tracks as "Firebloom" or "Adrenalin Rush" for example, I have to admit that your style here on "Elixer" becomes more and more rich, diversified, "dimensional" since your older works ; that means "evolution" or "progress" in your music. :)

Keep it good, man! And can't wait to listen new stuff from u soon on acidplanet or beatbiz! :)