Experimental Electronica • IDM • Ambient

amphiton

So... the year has past and what I listened to was Monolake, a really good album, didn't expect it to be that good... and that's it :) Maybe new BoC too... but it was crappy.

Before I started doing lots of drugs and moved to goa scene, I was seriously into idm/experimental music, but now I'm so far from it, but would like to catch up :)

I know there are many guys here listening to different stuff and I want to ask them to do review of experimental/idm/ambient released this year. Just give a short list of what is worth checking out.

you should definitely check Duuster - Habitat also check Gridlock - Formless [2003]...

and of course Autechre's latest stuff [ Draft 7.30 released in 2003 and Untilted released in 2005], although it's a bit TOO hard to digest, needs a lot of time listening to it and getting used to this very innovative unusual sound, probably the future of IDM...

Spyweirdos - For Children To Play (2005) is a nice album as well.

and of course Autechre's latest stuff [ Draft 7.30 released in 2003 and Untilted released in 2005], although it's a bit TOO hard to digest, needs a lot of time listening to it and getting used to this very innovative unusual sound, probably the future of IDM...

403387[/snapback]

Draft 7.30 was probably the last album I heard before acknowledging that the whole electronic scene is in depression. Haven't heard Untilted though...

Sorry, but I can't download mp3 from the links you provided. Joking, thanx, will check them out.

I found some power-electronics and other similar stuff on that labels... well, I'm not too familiar with this and I like some more subtle and less shouting music - is it more ebm harder style?

Oh, just reminded this: Hofuku Sochi - Min Tek [ Popup Records / 2005 ]

Posted Image

High quality glitch/ambient with random sounds, clicks, crystal clear voices a-la airport announcements.

Well i haven't checked out many new releases but there is one album that absolute tops most of the stuff ive heard and thats *drumroll*:

Posted Image

Venetian Snares - Rossz Csillag Alatt Született

© Planet-Mu 2005

Very nice experimental breakbeat/idm mixture with classical (film) instruments, cello/violin etc. It sounds like watching a old film-noir in a high tech enviroment. :) Check out these samples!:

http://www.planet-mu.com/discog/ziq111/ziq...ar_madar_hi.mp3

http://www.planet-mu.com/discog/ziq111/ziq...ncsetlen_hi.mp3

http://www.planet-mu.com/discog/ziq111/ziq...vasarnap_hi.mp3

http://www.planet-mu.com/discog/ziq111/ziq111_hajnal_hi.mp3

http://www.planet-mu.com/discog/ziq111/ziq...mozgalom_hi.mp3

http://www.planet-mu.com/

If everyone would provide links to samples instead of links to discogs I would really appreciate it as well! :)

Draft 7.30 was probably the last album I heard before acknowledging that the whole electronic scene is in depression. Haven't heard Untilted though...

403396[/snapback]

I really liked Draft 7.30. Especially Tapr, that was really something :)

I liked new ones from Luke Vibert, Chevron, Proem, Four Tet, Isolee, Jason Forrest, Kid 606 (!), Richie Hawtin's Transitions, Sound Tribe Sector 9 remix album (Perspectives), and some other stuff.. waiting to hear the new Bonobo now.

Alva Noto & Ryuichi Sakamoto - Insen

Deaf Center - Pale Ravine

Ferenc - Fraximal

Kelley Polar - Love Songs of the Hanging Gardens

Marconi Union - Distance

Murcof - Remembranza

V/A - Left Coast Liquid

Venetian Snares - Meathole

All of them are great.

Well i haven't checked out many new releases but there is one album that absolute tops most of the stuff ive heard and thats *drumroll*:

Posted Image

© Planet-Mu 2005

Very nice experimental breakbeat/idm mixture with classical (film) instruments, cello/violin etc. It sounds like watching a old film-noir in a high tech enviroment. :)

i TOTALLY agree with you. wickedy wicked album!!! :D:)B)

"Venetian Snares - Rossz Csillag Alatt Született"

over winnipeg is a frozen shithole ? no way.... :)

my tops are"

coil - the ape of naples

venetian snares - winnipeg is a frozen shithole

hecate - seven veils of silence (alot of psy heads i bet would dig this, its like world music power noise)

Xanopticon vs. Eiterherd - Novus Ordo Seculorum

ive just recently got into Xanopticon, Liminal Space from 2003 is probly some of the most fucked up music ive ever heard.

if you want to get into ant zen stuff certainly check out imminent starvation - nord, thats like the Hallucinogen - Twisted of powernoise.

"http://www.discogs.com/release/381959

Far too experimental for common taste (and far too gabberistic ), so even I don't enjoy it much, but track 5 is awesome and really psychedelic to me. Try to check it out."

oops didnt see this posted...

yea track 5 is just fucking awesome, one of the most kick ass pieces of music ever.

track 3 is pretty badass too.."a winnipeg wrestling coach was accused of sexually assaulting one of his athletes"

"Venetian Snares - Rossz Csillag Alatt Született"

over winnipeg is a frozen shithole  ? no way.... :)

my tops are"

coil - the ape of naples

venetian snares - winnipeg is a frozen shithole

hecate - seven veils of silence (alot of psy heads i bet would dig this, its like world music power noise)

Xanopticon vs. Eiterherd - Novus Ordo Seculorum

ive just recently got into Xanopticon, Liminal Space from 2003 is probly some of the most fucked up music ive ever heard.

if you want to get into ant zen stuff certainly check out imminent starvation - nord, thats like the Hallucinogen - Twisted of powernoise.

403916[/snapback]

What? Have you got no taste? Winnipeg is a frozen shithole isnt even a half as intelligent as Rossz Csillag Alatt Született , its just beats/gabber/speedcore, thats all.. the whole album, it ain't bad but wtf... Rossz Csillag Alatt Született is a masterpiece, unique mood, unique compositions, unique sounds, violins, cello's etc.... now Liminal Space by Xanopticon is a breakcore highlight, dark edgy and cold, fucked up yet intelligent.

Posted Image

" its just beats/gabber/speedcore, thats all.. the whole album, it ain't bad but wtf... Rossz Csillag Alatt Született is a masterpiece, unique mood, unique compositions, unique sounds, violins, cello's"

well part of it is that its gabber/speedcore, ive never heard anything else in that genre worth listening to. I love how "unintelligent" it is, completely over the top stupid wise, total crackhead music. i bet it destroys on a big system.

Rossz Csillag Alatt Született isnt bad, maybe i need to listen to it more. really virtually all his music kicks ass.