Here's one from me...

Amygdala

Very decent work. Absolutely listenable track and somehow different from other stuff around here...

Only fault I noticed was, that (don't know if it wasn't deliberate), but the tune is too quiet (overall volume)

402536[/snapback]

Thanks :) - the tune too quiet... Which one would that be - overall, or just in the last part? Should I maybe boost all the midrange?

BTW, like your avatar. Red Dwarf is a really funny show :) - thanks for feedback!

-A

Thanks :) - the tune too quiet... Which one would that be - overall, or just in the last part? Should I maybe boost all the midrange?

BTW, like your avatar. Red Dwarf is a really funny show :) - thanks for feedback!

-A

402541[/snapback]

Track went playing on winamp, I had to raise volume to hear it good. When track ended, I forgot to lowerit back and when another song kicked in, the room exploded :)

I think the overall volume is kinda low :unsure:

Track went playing on winamp, I had to raise volume to hear it good. When track ended, I forgot to lowerit back and when another song kicked in, the room exploded :)

I think the overall volume is kinda low  :unsure:

402973[/snapback]

Aaah, allright - yes, I know :) - I always wait to compress and master untill I'm completely done. Thanks for the reminder though!

And your avatar is better :D

When I first saw it, I went very LOL :)

402974[/snapback]

Hehee, then it's working, eh? A picture just like that one was just published in the university magazine from some party. Noone will take me seriously anymore - just the way I like it ;)

-A

Great track man! :)

The intro is absolutly awsome. That orchestral feeling... i love it!

The whole atmosphere is beatiful and warm

In terms of production issues you know that it is great

For me, THE best track i heard from someone here in tis section, and i am not a guy who likes to exagerate stuffs, if you know what i mean

Impressed

Oh, i forgot. it seriously need more compress on the bass

Really :rolleyes:

Thanks guys... That's nice to hear :)

I can't take credit for the intro though... That's from Mahler's fifth symphony, so I'll either have to re-write it myself, or accept that the track will never go anywhere in the real world ;)

- Okay Stalker, I'll compress the "ass" out of the bass then ;)

-A

• 2 weeks later...

I dig the atmosphere here and generally everything about the track. The only small negative comment I can think of about it is that for some reason some of the mid-range seems a little strange on my speakers here. I can't really say how exactly, but its like I keep waiting for someone to turn the filter off? I think it related to the snare-ish banging sounds in particular. However outside of that, I pretty much like everything about this track. Definately the not-exactly-run-of-the-mill stuff I like to listen to these days. ;) Keep it up!

I will, thanks :)

About the midrange... That snare probably has to much presence. When I get around to adding the final stuff, I'll see what I can do - I'm mixing on hi-fi speakers and headphones though, so it's hard to *really* hear what's going on in there...

Thanks or the comment :D

-A

Maaaaaan.... this brings back the memories 'n emotions that came to me after listening to Atmos 'Headcleaner' album for the first time...

Indeed very very veeeeery nice stuff... and totally unexpected, it's so far from the stuff I knew you once did. But I like it a lot... :)

/Lars

Maaaaaan.... this brings back the memories 'n emotions that came to me after listening to Atmos 'Headcleaner' album for the first time...

Indeed very very veeeeery nice stuff... and totally unexpected, it's so far from the stuff I knew you once did. But I like it a lot...  :)

/Lars

409520[/snapback]

Hi Lars - good to hear from you. Yup, it's a bit different. I think I just got tired of doing the same stuff, with the same sort of drum-section and leads. How are you doing...? And what are you doing? Long time no see :)

-A

Hi Lars - good to hear from you. Yup, it's a bit different. I think I just got tired of doing the same stuff, with the same sort of drum-section and leads. How are you doing...? And what are you doing? Long time no see :)

-A

410332[/snapback]

I'm doing grrrrrrrreat... well, at least fine... :)

Work, work, work, being with my girlfriend, and not that much music... to my ages to redesign my website mindfly.dk - but I got it up and running, so more time for the music making now... check it out (<- not accesible unless you find the "hidden" link from the website...) the top track is the latest I'm working on....

cheers mate

...i love the atmosphere...helps me to imagine landscapes...very goooooood indeed!!!! :D  :D

410441[/snapback]

Thank you kindly :) - I like music that puts pictures in my head too... I had hoped for "space-scapes" instead of landscapes, but I'll take it :D

the top track is the latest I'm working on....

cheers mate

411009[/snapback]

Cheers backatcha Parker... Your new stuff sounds really good. Smooth, and easy to get into. The parts sit really well together! The new page is swell as well - but I think I've seen the new design before? Is the list of studio "gear" complete? Because I don't see any actual synths there :P - but okay, the mac is nice and bragable. I want one!

-A

• 2 weeks later...

The new page is swell as well - but I think I've seen the new design before? Is the list of studio "gear" complete? Because I don't see any actual synths there :P - but okay, the mac is nice and bragable. I want one!

412161[/snapback]

Doh... yes, you have actually seen it already... my bad! hehe... <_<

Don't have any outboard gear any more.... everythings gone... lack of money and space, made me sell it... miss the knobs, though... :unsure:

Cool orchestra fusion, love the reverses, everything is nice and tight...hahaha...wow, i'm sure you've probably told everyone before but what do you use in terms of eq and compression? This track is very very nice! It's amazing how you raise the pitch of the melody ever so lightly and powerfully. You really know how to pick the right kick for the bass or vice versa, i feel they greatly compliment each other. what about vocals? all the sounds are phenomenal, Obviously you da man. ;)

It's not just music, it's a prophecy. Possibly a prophecy not even for this planet, but for a distant reality that we tap into through emotion and vibe. Or it could just be a really awesome track that you came up with...thank you for that. B)

"The work of the musician consists therefore only in knowing, as accurately as possible, the symbolic relations of all things so as to reproduce in

us, through the magic of sounds, the feelings, the passions, the visions of an almost real world."

http://fusionanomaly.net/musicandthepowerofsound.html

That is what i was trying to say!

This track is not normal, i had recorded on a CD so i can listen on a proper sound system, and now i am addicted to it

It made me feel worthless

Btw, Amygdala, werent you the one that won a music contest here on psynews a long time ago? :unsure:

Thanks guys :) - boy, are my ears red now! Very flattering comments. Yes, I was among the winners of the two contests from way back when. Too bad they are not up and running again, because there are some seriously good producers on psynews these days...

"eq and compression":

I think pretty much every sound has it's own EQ touch to it - but not very much. I haven't really EQed them against each other - more individualy, until I think they sound just right. I usually don't do that, because they should sit well in the mix, instead of sounding nice on their own - but I guess it worked anyway. I seriously dislike compressors, as a standard mean of getting "more energy" out of sounds, so I use them very little. Only on recorded sounds, like the vocal bit, and sometimes on sneaky breakbeats, to make them sound different - never to "enhance" or make a sound seem louder than it is. I try to make sure, that the clean sound fits as good as possible, before compressing and EQing.

"the right kick for the bass or vice versa, i feel they greatly compliment each other":

I have long despised the mathematical approach to music - but I have to admit, that it is a good idea to tune the kick and bass to each other. When deciding on key, I picked the one that matched the tone of the kick - by distorting the kick madly, to make the actual tone appear - tune the bass to it, and then removing the distortion again.

"what about vocals?":

The vocals are a complete fluke. I had a friend over to record some growls for another track - on a baaad microphone. At one point he was bored, and just began making silly noises and singing weird stuff (he has a history i death metal...) - he did some falsetto stuff and sang "remember the flame" or something nonsense like that, and one of the phrases fit perfectly. A little (a lot!) of reverb, flanger and stereo-enhancing later... Well ;)

Another thing I worked with on this one is panning. I never did much of that, but it can create depth and "space" better than most other tricks.

- I'm glad you liked it, and dre_velation, I'll review your tech-stuff later on, when my examns are done :)

Doh... yes, you have actually seen it already... my bad! hehe...  <_< 

Don't have any outboard gear any more.... everythings gone... lack of money and space, made me sell it... miss the knobs, though...  :unsure:

422018[/snapback]

Oh, didn't see your post there... Yeah, I know I would miss my knobs too. So you've gone all soft, eh? I seem to remember you wanted to try to create a label at one time... How's that going? (I'm not trying to get nepotism-points ;))

-A