All facets of trance-music according to me :)

Anoebis

Guest Elysium

isn't the meaning of anoebis to have a view of only psychedelic stuff ???

401689[/snapback]

Maybe but it's still wrong to define psytrance as the overall term over subgenres when psytrance itself is a subgenre. When you do a thing like this you got to get the terms right.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe but it's still wrong to define psytrance as the overall term over subgenres when psytrance itself is a subgenre. When you do a  thing like this you got to get the terms right.

401692[/snapback]

yés we both totally agree and are on the same level about that fact...

I would just replace it and say GOA like at the end we all do in real life conversations...

we say we go to a goa party tonight but actually they play fullon...

but still they ask you on monday, héy how was the goa ? :D

You put Derango in the wrong section, it's fullon.

401694[/snapback]

derango is not fullon my friend ,

the bassline hasn't got any fullon mark

it's full the psychedelic sounds true but that doesn't make it fullon...

to be fullon there are several main marks that have to be present...

derango hasn't those main marks at all...

yés we both totally agree and are on the same level about that fact...

I would just replace it and say GOA like at the end we all do in real life conversations...

we say we go to a goa party tonight but actually they play fullon...

but still they ask you on monday, héy how was the goa ?  :D

derango is not fullon my friend ,

the bassline hasn't got any fullon mark

it's full the psychedelic sounds true but that doesn't make it fullon...

to be fullon there are several main marks that have to be present...

derango hasn't those main marks at all...

401697[/snapback]

The bassline is very fullon. As is the structure. Enough for me.

The bassline is very fullon. As is the structure. Enough for me.

401706[/snapback]

we won't discuss this but the bassline is so but so not fullon woooooooow :blink:

the rolling element is pure forest style

the dubble thinking using a lot is so not fullon

you don't hear a 'sjing' every 8 steps...

it's cave music...

but again here we stopp... each his opinion peace :)

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

isn't the meaning of anoebis to have a view of only psychedelic stuff ???

or am I wrong just thinking ?  :unsure:

I remember the bonzai releases very good  :D , but that not psychedelic, it's uplifting dance music I guess....

401689[/snapback]

yes you're right put as Kristian & someone else point out, the main key word should logically appeared as Trance & not Psychedelic Trance which is,for this last ,already a sub category of Trance. Furthermore goa sound was created before what Psychedelik trance is defining, so you can't put them starting from a core thing called 'Psytrance'.

I mean the map should be built starting from word 'Trance' in middle then 2 parts:

-trance with all i explained which is trance & pre-goa

-the second part would be the current Anoebis part.

Ok, thanks all for the input

About the name for the whole genre... I have been discussing this a lot before I made this, and I decided to use the term psychedelic trance, simply because it is trance (that was my first idea), but as there is LOTS of other kinds of trance (club trance, dream trance, hard trance, trancecore,...) I called it psychedelic trance.

Maybe I've should have written (psychedelic) trance, or even "trance which is psychedelic". So Psychedelic trance is not named behind any subgenre, is is just trance music which is psychedelic (and that's where our scene is all about I think).

It's think it's terribly wrong to use the word GOA for today's full on or Progressive... Also because so many people hate the word GOA today for their music... (I hear artists complaining they've never been to goa... if I'm not mistaken Elysium, you said that too? So why calling it goa trance then)

@ SPacemonkey: Dark madness, I used Grapes of Wrath for it, but I could have used Mushy Mystery for instance.

For Dark minimal, I used Creeping Ambivalent Tendencies... Ambivalent Records has a very minimal but not progressive, dark sound...

@ Cinos: Derango not forest music? :blink: You must be kidding! I know lots of forest artists and they all think it's thé modern definition of forest music!

@Le Lotus Bleu: If you feel like making a part about modern trance, go ahead!

That would mean old school trance (so everything you mentioned and all subgenres) but also all new kinds of trance (I mentioned more above) :) If you could make that all trance music would fit on 1 map! :)

yes you're right put as Kristian & someone else point out, the main key word should logically appeared as Trance & not Psychedelic Trance which is,for this last ,already a sub category of Trance. Furthermore goa sound was created before what Psychedelik trance is defining, so you can't put them starting from a core thing called 'Psytrance'.

I mean the map should be built starting from word 'Trance' in middle then 2 parts:

-trance with all i explained which is trance & pre-goa & down

-the second part would be the current Anoebis part.

401780[/snapback]

now I understand you perfectly and indeed good idea...

a nice vision where the concept trance goes in diffirent directions and so subgenres rise...

yés i wasn't following with your first post preciously...

interesting :)

About the name for the whole genre... I have been discussing this a lot before I made this, and I decided to use the term psychedelic trance, simply because it is trance (that was my first idea), but as there is LOTS of other kinds of trance (club trance, dream trance, hard trance, trancecore,...) I called it psychedelic trance.

Maybe I've should have written (psychedelic) trance, or even "trance which is psychedelic". So Psychedelic trance is not named behind any subgenre, is is just trance music which is psychedelic (and that's where our scene is all about I think).

It's think it's terribly wrong to use the word GOA for today's full on or Progressive... Also because so many people hate the word GOA today for their music... (I hear artists complaining they've never been to goa... if I'm not mistaken Elysium, you said that too? So why calling it goa trance then)

@ SPacemonkey: Dark madness, I used Grapes of Wrath for it, but I could have used Mushy Mystery for instance.

For Dark minimal, I used Creeping Ambivalent Tendencies... Ambivalent Records has a very minimal but not progressive, dark sound...

@ Cinos: Derango not forest music?  :blink: You must be kidding! I know lots of forest artists and they all think it's thé modern definition of forest music!

401782[/snapback]

yés but when I went to a fullon party saturdayand meet you at the busstation on monday for example you will ask me...

How was the goaparty ???

and not how was the fullon party ???

many people who don't know a lot about subgenres just call it all goa jos...

we are the ones with some knowledge and vision about evolution but lot's of partypeople really have no idea what all those subgenres is about and just call it goa...

when you will give them your picture and will call everything psychedelic trance they will aks ???

what is goa then ??? :D

just thinking, sharing thoughts, to get an endconclusion or something...

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

@ Cinos: Derango not forest music?  :blink: You must be kidding! I know lots of forest artists and they all think it's thé modern definition of forest music!

401782[/snapback]

i think if it's dedicated to newbies, it's important to make difference the other kind of trance (all which aren't linked with psy), especially since some recent people are confused with the "progressive' from a psy view (Freq ,Vibrasphere,Sun Control Species...) & the clubby progressive (uk sound Paul Van Dyk etc..)

i think if it's dedicated to newbies, it's important to make difference the other kind of trance (all which aren't linked with psy), especially since some recent people are confused with the "progressive' from a psy view (Freq ,Vibrasphere,Sun Control Species...) & the  clubby progressive (uk sound Paul Van Dyk etc..)

401788[/snapback]

voila that was my thought too...

it's for the newbies not for us, we already know...

and they call it just goa... not psychedelic trance cause psychedelic trance isn't played anymore at parties

you have

old skool

fullon

progressive

that's it nowdays

the aim was to give a clear view to all people that CALL every party a goa party... :D While everybody really into this music knows that is NOT true

The best option is, like Le Lotus Bleu said, calling it Trance and give it another main branch then... but I don't know enough about it to help...

or otherwise I'll change it in: "Trance which is psychedelic" or (psychedelic) trance

a big ps to everyone:

who can give me an example of the subgenre Psychedelic Trance?

Guest Elysium

(I hear artists complaining they've never been to goa... if I'm not mistaken Elysium, you said that too? So why calling it goa trance then)

401782[/snapback]

I personally never called mine or anyone else music for Goa. I have always thought it was pretty silly to say that music is Goatrance when it's never been made in Goa or when the artists that made the music never went to Goa. I can only take my own music as an example. I never went to Goa yet it was labeled Goa trance from various sides such as the DJ's that traded and played my music in Goa and by labels that saw an opportunity to cash in on the Hype called Goa trance when they released my music (no thanks to NZ).

But somehow it became a term and in order for organisers to understand what they booked, booking agencies (we did have them in those days too haha) used the term Goatrance to "sell" us to the promoters. And pretty soon I was in a box labeled as a Goatrance artist. And no matter if I disagreed there was no way I could escape. So you see if I could choose I would just prefer to call most music electronic danceable music. But it sound a little boring though :)

I still have to call my old-school music as Goatrance to get live-gigs but I really hope I can break out of that box with my new releases.

I still believe that all this dividing our scene's music into many subgenres have split our scene instead of united it.

Edited by Elysium

infected mushroom is melodic psychedelic trance

logic bomb is psychedelic trance

401797[/snapback]

Go on, good one, you are right, I couldn't really label them in my categories... :) Are there more styles within that psychedelic trance style?

Go on, good one, you are right, I couldn't really label them in my categories... :) Are there more styles within that psychedelic trance style?

401800[/snapback]

I'm editing my post ;)

Yahel - For The People is not goa and not fullon but pure melodic psychedelic trance...

space cat - shapes of sound

how can I forget PSYSEX is the example of psychedelic trance

Also:

Hara Gobi

Transdriver (2001)

Tromesa

Shakta - Out of Sight

XV Killist

Yumade

Bamboo Forest - Random Future (2002)

Miraculix

I'm editing my post  ;)

Yahel - For The People is not goa and not fullon but pure melodic psychedelic trance...

space cat - shapes of sound

401802[/snapback]

That is for SURE in the clubby goa trance category for me (altough I love it)

Ok, I've just add a branch of psychedelic Trance (on my comp, not the one you can see)

Old: - Kox Box

New-er: - Morning Psychedelic Trance (classical Mushroom)

- Psychedelic Trance (Logic Bomb)

- Darker psychedelic Trance (Space Tribe - Religious Experience)

@ Le Lotus Bleu

Yep, but I need some more info about old school ambient...

Maybe I should split that part into psychedelic and non-psychedelic... I have the feelink Nick Imzomniac knows alot about it... So where are you! Help us :D

@leprachaun, please put them all in 1 post, that's easier :)

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

Ok, I've just add a branch of psychedelic Trance (on my comp, not the one you can see)

Old: - Kox Box

New-er: - Morning Psychedelic Trance (classical Mushroom)

- Psychedelic Trance (Logic Bomb)

- Darker psychedelic Trance (Space Tribe - Religious Experience)

@ Le Lotus Bleu

Yep, but I need some more info about old school ambient...

Maybe I should split that part into psychedelic and non-psychedelic... I have the feelink Nick Imzomniac knows alot about it... So where are you! Help us :D

old school ambient hum , biosphere? Fsol? Solar Quest? Pete Namlook like someone else told

How about Brian Eno too.