What massive track to drop at new year moment!?

pa850711

Hi everyone,

I'm doing a psy trance set at new year at a party and was wondering whether you could give me some recommendations for a phat track to drop at the new year moment? I was thinking something heavy but maybe euphoric in the breakdown, but definately with a massive build-up and drop. Any ideas??

Hi everyone,

I'm doing a psy trance set at new year at a party and was wondering whether you could give me some recommendations for a phat track to drop at the new year moment?  I was thinking something heavy but maybe euphoric in the breakdown, but definately with a massive build-up and drop.  Any ideas??

400807[/snapback]

Bedrock - Heaven Scent... its not a psy trance track, but it for sure rocks the dance floor :)

I dont know what exactly, but I would certainly not throw a dancefloor killargh, as expected..

I would play something different, something unique, to really make people wonder wtf, and then after that release a good dancefloor track :D

yeah, a nice Mahadeva would be nice, though it's a morning track

i could recommend

Voice Of Cod - It's Just A Ride (Zuloop Rmx)

Benefactor - Modus Operandi

Ticon - The Analogue H

Tegma - Myth Of An Angel

Prosect - Sonified

Twisted System - Twisted Tiger

Protoculture - Avalon

Fractal Glider - Fractured

ah, and Ka Sol - Scraqp

but this is a strong one, you gotta be sure your audience can take it :D

Guest The Journey Man Project

I would play something that induces a sense of sadness, nostalgia and also a hope for the future as this is what the New Year brings... a looking back on what has been, and a looking forward to hoping what will be...

I'd play:

SFX - "Butterfly Trip" (this track is the only one that makes me cry every time I hear it)

or

California Sunshine - "Summer '89"

or to totally throw people:

Infected Mushroom - "Dancing With Kadafi"

I was at a NYE gig outdoors not long ago and the dj had been playing crazy full one all night, was pretty fun, then at midnight he dropped Dancing With Kadafi, and it was just amazing... the guy next to me just turned around and hugged me and started crying...

the three tracks above are perfect for that moment and while they are not the latest full on crazy shit that drives people mad and they all cheer... they are the three tracks that for me sum at what this scene is 100% about... Peace, Love, Unity and Respect.

btw traveller

in new years hour in universo, expect the worse full on ever....

thats what happened last time.. everybody drinking and taking mdma like crazy, and I was there sober.. stayed in the dancefloor just 10 seconds after new year hugging my friends and whatever, and then went straight to the chill out...

really annoying full on I tell you, played by the 10 year old son of swarup (one of the organizers)

btw traveller

in new years hour in universo, expect the worse full on ever....

thats what happened last time.. everybody drinking and taking mdma like crazy, and I was there sober.. stayed in the dancefloor just 10 seconds after new year hugging my friends and whatever,  and then went straight to the chill out...

really annoying full on I tell you, played by the 10 year old son of swarup (one of the organizers)

400903[/snapback]

Live:

Cosmosis - UK

Tristan - UK

Protoculture - SA

Atmos - SW

AMD - UK

Freq - NZ

Neuromotor - FR

Beckers & D-Nox - DE

Hydrophonic - SA

Jaia - FR

Pixel - ISR

Earthling - Ibiza

Freakalizer - CH

Xibalba - MEX

Wrecked Machines - BR

Lish - ISR

Hyperfrequencies - FR

The First Stone- BR

The Commercial Hippies - SA

Burn in Noise - BR

Oxyd - BR

Aphid Moon - UK

Yotopia - ISR

Forza - MEX

Aerophobia - NL

Etic - ISR

Liftshift - NL

Baphomet Engine - BR

Yage - BR

Spectral Skunk - BR

Hiperceptiohm - BR

Minimal Criminal - BR

Audio X - BR

Zaraus - PT

Sequipa - BR

Glocal - BR

Patch Bay - BR

System Brothers - BR

and more....

looks pretty progressive to me :)

you didnt understand what I said

last universo paralello had just as much progressive as this one...

im talking about the moment of new year... not the whole party...

I didnt ever go to the dancefloor when there was full on playing last year, except for the moment of ny, and even so I went a damn lot to the dancefloor hehe

but at the moment when the new year begins, at 00:00, there will be the most killarghhhh full on you can imagine, I guarantee ;)

you didnt understand what I said

last universo paralello had just as much progressive as this one...

im talking about the moment of new year... not the whole party...

I didnt ever go to the dancefloor when there was full on playing last year, except for the moment of ny, and even so I went a damn lot to the dancefloor hehe

but at the moment when the new year begins, at 00:00,  there will be the most killarghhhh full on you can imagine, I guarantee ;)

400909[/snapback]

haha at the moment of nye i'll be so damn wasted that it makes no difference :D

x-dream-psychomachine :D

401029[/snapback]

Now thére's a great idea!!!

Easily one of my all time fav's & 100% cheeseless.

Maybe start the track before, cut it of for the count-down (4,3,2,1) & then drop those mercyless beats again?

Also, more fitted for midnight-track I reckon, then again: I've never been at a party on 23:59 31/12 for the last 8 years. I celebrate at home, with friends & thén go in the NYE-madness

Still, I doubt you'd get a standing ovation ;)

I personally would like to hear an old classic: Yahel - For The People (the version on the first album). Long calm first part and then the great synth line. But that's just me...

I personally would like to hear an old classic: Yahel - For The People (the version on the first album). Long calm first part and then the great synth line. But that's just me...

401035[/snapback]

:lol::lol: You know what, I was reading through this thread from the beginning and I was thinking about the exact same song. And then I read your post!! That would be the emotional new Years. Youd have to time it so the melody comes on right at the new year point, that would be perfect!! :lol:

So there you have it, I outed myself as the ultimate cheesemaster again... :rolleyes: