"1200 Mics is goa!"

Cinos

Worst live act I have ever seen.  Joke.  Comedy psytrance. No respect. Cheesy pop stylee psy. Worth seeing if you want to have a giggle.

I can't even vaguely consider that that they 'define goa'.  Pah!  :rolleyes:

400140[/snapback]

Im sorry m friend but no respect to you!!!!! :angry:

it's impossible to create another album like that by the same artist...

it's like infected with his classical mushroom... reached the top imo  :unsure:

401503[/snapback]

"Ecstasy" is the greatest cheese track of all times. The melodies are so cheesy and so effective. Nice intro too.

So what... I dont care if its whatever. If I like it, then I dont need a genre for it. I for instance always hated the name of the genre "progressive" because it tells nothing about the music, and there are so many diffrent genres in that so called genre.

Genres only disturb what its all about, imho! I want good music, and I prefer to mention artists above genres when I am talking about good music. Full On for instance has good artists, and it has not so good artists (FOR ME), but I dont care to call it full on. If its good, its "GOOD MUSIC" period.

Genres are for the resellers imo, so they can sell better. If they didnt have genres, they wouldnt sell as much (I believe).

And as for bashing a genre, its just as stupid as bashing an artist. Its about taste, and nothing else. And to be honest, I dont CARE if you love Skazi, I care about how you talk about music with an open mind, and can accept that someone elses taste my differ. Its called RESPECT and Acceptance for those who didnt know...

I find (and sorry to spew this out this harsh) that the scene is way to focused on being cool, and having the last word in every conversation. Trying to convince someone that loves skazi, that skazi sucks, is like make an apple out of an orange. Its a f*cking waste of time and energy.

I love Yahel, and I still find good tracks from him, now go bash me for that, see if I care ;)

I love Yahel, and I still find good tracks from him, now go bash me for that, see if I care ;)

403139[/snapback]

You whole post is great and resembels more or less exactly what I think. But I especially love you for that last sentence. :wub: You really made my day Nemo!

so Derango is full-on but 1200 Mics is goa, meaning it's somehow better? :blink:

i just don't get you Cinos.

edit: okay never mind, it wasn't a statement, it was a question. but even to ask the question, you gotta have some doubts.... right?

Can someone explain to me why music HAS to be grouped into a specific genere?  I really don't get it.

404557[/snapback]

Goa, neo full on, progressive psy-trance and minimal psy-trance are all quite different styles of psychedelic trance. If you walk into a music store and tell them you want psy-trance or just music, you will most likely end up with something you don't like. If you can narrow down the odds by saying you're looking for some well polished progressive psy-trance chances are you'll get exactly what you're looking for.

If the only genre was music you would never ever get the specific style of music you're looking for, or imagine describing the style of every type of music you're looking for:

- It's four to the floor, with an off beat bassline, some dreamy pads, evolving percussion and some long breaks would also be nice.

It's a bit easier to say you're looking for progressive psy-trance, right?

Goa, neo full on, progressive psy-trance and minimal psy-trance are all quite different styles of psychedelic trance. If you walk into a music store and tell them you want psy-trance or just music, you will most likely end up with something you don't like. If you can narrow down the odds by saying you're looking for some well polished progressive psy-trance chances are you'll get exactly what you're looking for.

If the only genre was music you would never ever get the specific style of music you're looking for, or imagine describing the style of every type of music you're looking for:

- It's four to the floor, with an off beat bassline, some dreamy pads, evolving percussion and some long breaks would also be nice.

It's a bit easier to say you're looking for progressive psy-trance, right?

404608[/snapback]

Thats why you should always keep track of your artists. Then you dont have that problem. ;)

Anyways, I am assuming that if you go into a recordshop, you have the oportunity to listen to stuff, and then you might find that there is more than the genre youre stuck up to.

My opinion is that you should always go by your heart, and not by some stupid genre. I mean, we have problems on this forum to define the genres, do you think that the recordshops are any better?!

Im sorry, but the most recordshops are really useless, and clueless with genres, especially when its about sub-genres. If I go to a recordshop here in Amsterdam and ask for Trance, I will get Tiesto. If I go and do the same in Frankfurt, I will get some class trance.

So genres even differ from town to town, and from country to country.

So back to the top:

Know your artists, and always keep an open mind about new types of music, dont be affraid, you might find something that you like ;)

so Derango is full-on but 1200 Mics is goa, meaning it's somehow better?  :blink:

i just don't get you Cinos.

edit: okay never mind, it wasn't a statement, it was a question. but even to ask the question, you gotta have some doubts.... right?

403159[/snapback]

you are taking him way too seriusly... he's just pissed cause cause not everybody agreed on his last topic "everything is full on" so this is a bit of sarcasm... ;)

Thats why you should always keep track of your artists. Then you dont have that problem. ;)

Anyways, I am assuming that if you go into a recordshop, you have the oportunity to listen to stuff, and then you might find that there is more than the genre youre stuck up to.

My opinion is that you should always go by your heart, and not by some stupid genre. I mean, we have problems on this forum to define the genres, do you think that the recordshops are any better?!

Im sorry, but the most recordshops are really useless, and clueless with genres, especially when its about sub-genres. If I go to a recordshop here in Amsterdam and ask for Trance, I will get Tiesto. If I go and do the same in Frankfurt, I will get some class trance.

So genres even differ from town to town, and from country to country.

So back to the top:

Know your artists, and always keep an open mind about new types of music, dont be affraid, you might find something that you like ;)

404610[/snapback]

boundaries are meant to be broken but while you go out there and and be a DJ it just works better to tell them... i play progressive or dark trance... or full on... people will understand you. You can't even rely on saying, "yeah i play Crystal Matrix type of of stuff... cause let's look back at a couple of years... and the style is changing... things are moving and shifting... and a lot of people, for good or bad abide to these stereotypes. They are just there to make our lives easier and not have the psy trance experience boxed... good producers will force you to think about boundaries and sub-genere's in the mean time, 90% of them go by the formula...

RAH, fair enough :) I say "I play Trance music", and the most common question I get is "what type" and my answer is always artists, that they would have known of if they like the same type of trance as I. At the end of the day, it works for me, and it works for many of my fellow dj friends.

For instance, what you call cheesy full on trance, for me is something totall diffrent, and for someone in germany its not even considered psy. That is the problem here. We make up genres for the music that we like, and i dont agree with that.

Of course an artist can change style, for instance like Orion or X-Dream, but then you could just say "did you hear the new orion?", or "in the style of the new x-dream" for me it tells so much more about what you are playing.

Just look at this thread, people have diffrent views on what full on or dark psy is. Imagine this in the real world, its hella confusing.

Now of course, this is only my opinion, and like I say, it works for me.

If someone doesnt agree, thats cool with me.

But just a question out of curiousity....

Name me the genres of the following Tracks:

Oliver Klein - Timeloop

Orion - Adrenaline

Phony Orphants - House for my Spouse

X-Dream - Virus

Psytekk - Zombie Planet

Wizzy Noise - Electro Mama

Vibrasphere - Nowhere

X-Dream - We Interface

All the above tracks I consider very good, so you can see that i am somewhat very broad on what I like :)

Of course, but one thing doesn't have to exclude the other.

404640[/snapback]

What I fidn annoying these days, is that a lot of people dont know artists anymore. Most people are stuck to about 20 artists :( People dont seem to have the genuine intresst in music nowadays, like they had before.

Im not talking about anyone here on the forum in particular, so dont get me wrong, its not a diss, its more of an observation I make amongst the "new trancers" out there :)

hey nemo if it makes your life easier to say trance music, then why not stick to that  ;)

404673[/snapback]

Well, im a person that likes to talk about music, not about genres. Trance for me is very broad, and I dont agree with all the naming of the subgenres, and so doesnt a lot of people.

Comon, I have even heard from people that Sun Trip are releasing Full ON. Its become such a comon word, just as Progressive was a couple of years ago, everything was suddenly Progressive Psy. But a lot of it was pure Psy still. I mean, I have mates that called SUN PROJECT progressive...

All im saying is, that I really hate genres, because they dont tell ANYTHING about the music at all for me.

But how many times do you get the question about what genre you dj? I mean, people know what you play if they have heard you, and getting gigs you wont, because you play a certain genre hehehe. Or am I wrong? I mean, you still send demos, or give out demos when go to parties?!

Besides that, I always have cds and mp3s with me, if I need to get someone to listen to what I like and play ;)

just to have my saying in this... say whatever you want but 1200 Mics is a LOT more faithful to the old goatrance concept than 99% of the stuff being released today. Take your pick between 1200 Mics and your favorite dark trance/ progressive/ full-on artist and then tell me who represents best the oldschool vibe?

So yes, some of their melodies are a bit too cheesy but hey at least they still use melodies which isn't very common these days?

I must say it is very obvious that groups fit their own genre. Come on, we can't put Motley Crue, Megadeth, Deicide, Slayer, Eminem, 2-Pac, Beastie Boys, 2livecrew, The Infinity Project, Garth Brooks, Hawkwind, Astral Projection, Power Source, Infected Mushroom, Skazi (yuck), Xenomorph (skazi's twin brother, only better :)), Hux Flux, etc, etc, etc, the list could go on in the genre of MUSIC.

Now, if we're talking sub-genres, let's see. Gangster rap vs. Hip Hop. Definitely not alike. Goa and psytrance, could be very much alike, depending on your origination of psytrance. But most people decide to keep them apart for some odd reason! Progressive, full-on, I don't get these two sub-sub-genres. These I can see them not working. But when you think of music as just music, then you're going to begin to get confusing looks :unsure::unsure:

Heavy Metal, Death Metal, Black Metal -- all genres of Metal which I would not perceive as rock! We keep the genres separated not for the benefit of the record stores but to allow ourselves to be trendy, to follow a certain path. We could say we're "RELIGIOUS" but rather we identify with a path and I won't even name them. I, however, am not :D

Genres just help identify those who are into the same realm of interests with regards to music. "I'm a DJ, I spin MUSIC" would not be an acceptable approach to describing your music you are spinning and therefore I would not allow you to spin at any of my parties because obviously you're lacking the identifier that we're looking for to draw the people in. :-D

Just my .02 cents.

Regarding 1200mics, I have no f-ing clue. I've never heard even one track from them :D and I'm one who sides with goa and psy being one of the same anyways due to the nature of the origin of both styles having evolved from one another and "Goa, India" duh!

Aaron - HEH!

I must say it is very obvious that groups fit their own genre.  Come on, we can't put Motley Crue, Megadeth, Deicide, Slayer, Eminem, 2-Pac, Beastie Boys, 2livecrew, The Infinity Project, Garth Brooks, Hawkwind, Astral Projection, Power Source, Infected Mushroom, Skazi (yuck), Xenomorph (skazi's twin brother, only better :)), Hux Flux, etc, etc, etc, the list could go on in the genre of MUSIC.

Now, if we're talking sub-genres, let's see.  Gangster rap vs. Hip Hop.  Definitely not alike.  Goa and psytrance, could be very much alike, depending on your origination of psytrance.  But most people decide to keep them apart for some odd reason!  Progressive, full-on, I don't get these two sub-sub-genres.  These I can see them not working.  But when you think of music as just music, then you're going to begin to get confusing looks  :unsure:  :unsure:

Heavy Metal, Death Metal, Black Metal -- all genres of Metal which I would not perceive as rock!  We keep the genres separated not for the benefit of the record stores but to allow ourselves to be trendy, to follow a certain path.  We could say we're "RELIGIOUS" but rather we identify with a path and I won't even name them.  I, however, am not :D

Genres just help identify those who are into the same realm of interests with regards to music.  "I'm a DJ, I spin MUSIC" would not be an acceptable approach to describing your music you are spinning and therefore I would not allow you to spin at any of my parties because obviously you're lacking the identifier that we're looking for to draw the people in. :-D

Just my .02 cents.

Regarding 1200mics, I have no f-ing clue.  I've never heard even one track from them :D and I'm one who sides with goa and psy being one of the same anyways due to the nature of the origin of both styles having evolved from one another and "Goa, India" duh!

Aaron - HEH!

404692[/snapback]

When it all started to get big in Sweden back in 1992 some people said Goa Trance and some said Psy Trance to the same music hehe, all that I have to say about how one genre can have 2 names.

I mean comon, there are like 100000 diffrent genres for Heavy Metal, and I have heard the most weird ones. Some stuff I heard a couple of years ago, really reminded me of Anthrax (Cant remember the group name now), and I thought this is really good Metal. Now, when I looked under Metal in the music shop, I didnt find the group, I didnt even find Anthrax there anymore.

I had to look through 3 diffrent racks, and finally I found it under Speed Core Punk.... comon?!

Oh well, people can come up with as many genres they want, I will keep to the artists that I like....

oh, and comon now people, name me the genres of the listed tracks, I want to see how many of us really think the same here :)

well when you say "someone's twin brother" you'd suppose they do very similar styles of music? Xenomorph and Skazi are VERY different... ok, so they might use some guitars in their tracks here and there bu hey way they use them is completely different. Then you'd say that all the oldschool artists using 303s are twin bothers as well? lol

well when you say "someone's twin brother" you'd suppose they do very similar styles of music? Xenomorph and Skazi are VERY different... ok, so they might use some guitars in their tracks here and there bu hey way they use them is completely different. Then you'd say that all the oldschool artists using 303s are twin bothers as well? lol

404733[/snapback]

Nothing to do with styles, purely a joke out of the looks of skazi at a show he did I think in 2003 or 2004 in Mexico and a show Xenomorph did in Belgium. They just looked so much alike from the photos I seen and yes there were definite differences, I'm just saying, the similarities were scary in these photos. It was almost like the photo of George Bush and the ape faces posted all over the internet. It was just hilarious to look at. I can't find the Mexico pictures of skazi otherwise I'd do a side by side!

Again, nothing to do with styles, just a humorous look at them side by side :)

Aaron