Cinos

Well, I really have to say

I truly think 1200MICs fits all the definitions of Goa:

references to alternate states of consciousness

An entire release devoted to drugs

middle-eastern melodies

that varumphabah-varumphabah bass-line

The organic vs. vicious usage of the 303

Psy trance has NO middle eastern, Indian, eastern or ANY type of new-age west-embraces-east smell...or rather...sound to it.

I got this comment on another forum. Since the guy is really convinced, I ask you, experts. Is 1200 Mics goa?

(no, i know the answer already, but answer still, since I told him we'd ask others.)

Worst live act I have ever seen. Joke. Comedy psytrance. No respect. Cheesy pop stylee psy. Worth seeing if you want to have a giggle.

I can't even vaguely consider that that they 'define goa'. Pah! :rolleyes:

...as opposed to it being psytrance?  :huh:

400141[/snapback]

No

Its psytrance

Its one of the worst projects thou

I know that the question is about if 1200mics music really has the Goa "spirit"

as it reminds from the true goa feeling (aka oldschool)

For that

I say no

Guest The Journey Man Project

see the problem is today this scene has become serious... it is no more just whacked out trippers fiddling with synths, but so called serious musicians... and that is all that is wrong with this scene... it was never meant to be serious, it is meant to be fun!

their first album had indeed some goa spirit in it. only some.

their first album was also one of the best full-on album ever made, if you ignore all those retarded drug&cheese samples. what became of them next is just a joke :)

see the problem is today this scene has become serious... it is no more just whacked out trippers fiddling with synths, but so called serious musicians... and that is all that is wrong with this scene... it was never meant to be serious, it is meant to be fun!

400155[/snapback]

I don't mind serious musicians but this whole "we listen to the right kind of music, they listen to the wrong kind of music"-behaviour starts to annoy me more and more. That's what brings this scene down if you ask me (regarding at gnome's post).

Anyway, I can see why some people might see the goa spirit in some 1200 Mics tracks. I also see them but I still wouldn't call it neo-goa or something like that. In the end it doesn't make a difference anyway, if you like it you listen to it no matter how the style is called. If you don't like it calling it goa wouldn't make it any better.

their first album was also one of the best full-on album ever made, if you ignore all those retarded drug&cheese samples. what became of them next is just a joke :)

400328[/snapback]

agree, the first album was something.

heroes of imagination and the time machine sucked, especially the time machine

400155[/snapback]

Problem with "scene" is that we got too many experts trying to define it.

If 1200 Mics was called "Black metal" I would still dance to it at a party. Now I see why Rain left. :(

I don't mind serious musicians but this whole "we listen to the right kind of music, they listen to the wrong kind of music"-behaviour starts to annoy me more and more. That's what brings this scene down if you ask me (regarding at gnome's post).

Anyway, I can see why some people might see the goa spirit in some 1200 Mics tracks. I also see them but I still wouldn't call it neo-goa or something like that. In the end it doesn't make a difference anyway, if you like it you listen to it no matter how the style is called. If you don't like it calling it goa wouldn't make it any better.

400355[/snapback]

Can we have more open minded Tatsu's around :)

400155[/snapback]

i would say the problem is that there are NO/VERY FEW serious musicians today, whereas in the past they were SERIOUS TRIPPERS MUSICIANS.

I think music is not only meant to be fun. ;)

Hmm, I think both Raja Ram & The GMS dudes are free to do pretty much anything they want at this point since they're been at it for so long.

I don't know Raja's part in 1200 Mics tracks, but I guess he has 30 years of experience about what moves people on the dancefloor.

Even though I don't like recent GMS or 1200 Mics so much, just check out the first GMS album, Chaos Laboratory, it has such insanely great trance tracks that I'm completely happy to see them move on, even if I don't like the way :/

And hey, I think it's fun for them to make some money after doing goa for so long ;)

I don't see how commecial psytrance can harm the "scene". PPL can still make free parties with wild spirit if they want. They don't have to listen to music they don't like, or book those artists...

400155[/snapback]

Word!

400328[/snapback]

Word 2!

I've only heard 1200 mics' Heroes of the Imagination album and thought it sounded more full-on that goa or psy trance. I didn't like it.

400691[/snapback]

well that's not the good one... you can hear the typical gms sound too much

but it is fullon indeed, one of the main creators of the new fullon wave we experience...

but I have to say the first 1200 mics blasted me away when it was released...

every song has got a different bassline

every track has got an unique sound

every track has got an original intro

was there goa spirit ??? well there was certainly a tribe indian feeling toward the whole cd, and a lot of drugs :rolleyes: ...

I think they were one of the last who used that indian tribe concept like that with the ayahuaysca stuff and all...

they tried to tell a story by using trance what I really appreciate...

I have never seen an album with so much varations in my life...

don't listen to it at all anymore, had it but still respect it a lot...

it's impossible to create another album like that by the same artist...

it's like infected with his classical mushroom... reached the top imo :unsure: