what kind of sample are these?

Another good trick is to find some dirty ol' hephop beat, chop it up, and use the sounds (especially the snares and hats). Puting the hits together the way you want them, and put it all through a inverted V-shape EQ - cut low and high frequencies to get that "old-dirty-radio" effect :)

-A

Another good trick is to find some dirty ol' hephop beat, chop it up, and use the sounds (especially the snares and hats). Puting the hits together the way you want them, and put it all through a inverted V-shape EQ - cut low and high frequencies to get that "old-dirty-radio" effect :)

-A

400287[/snapback]

NICE, THANKS MAN!

i'll try it too, but what do u mean with "chop it up" (i dont speek english a lot :lol::lol: ),

and do u know a free V-shape EQ (or i have one free with cubase? :P ).

Chop up is to isolate all the drumhits - so you have a single snare, hihat and such in it's own file. Instead of a loop you have a building set for a loop ;)

Any EQ can do the (inverse)V-shape... You just have to cut the lowest and the highest frequencies - so that the drums will sound like they come from a real cheap speaker. It's called "V-shape" because the way the spectrum will look afterwards (when done inversely, an upside down V):

___/ \____

low -m- high

If you're tricksy, add a sloooowly changing flanger ;)

-A

Chop up is to isolate all the drumhits - so you have a single snare, hihat and such in it's own file. Instead of a loop you have a building set for a loop ;)

Any EQ can do the (inverse)V-shape... You just have to cut the lowest and the highest frequencies - so that the drums will sound like they come from a real cheap speaker. It's called "V-shape" because the way the spectrum will look afterwards (when done inversely, an upside down V):

___/        \____

low -m- high

If you're tricksy, add a sloooowly changing flanger ;)

-A

403273[/snapback]

ok! :D , i understand now!!

Thank u!

• 2 weeks later...