BLUETECH - SINES AND SINGULARITIES

jim_542

I loved this cd... some of the melodies are incredible

enter the lovely has this beach-at-night-time feeling, super nice

in the ´condensation´ track, that melody that starts softly at about 1:45 and keeps getting louder, so funky.. very nice

leaving winter behind, this one is so beautiful, but also somehow sad.. It´s like if a dolphin had died or smt, cause it also has this sea feeling hahaha.. excellent track

the melody in ´airstream´ at 5:19, thats fking nice!!.. and this big monster-like irregular beat/sound that gives a special characteristic the track is very well made

the track wilderness is excellent too... bluetech derived this funny melody which the bassline gives company too, sounds somehow like baloons floating... very nice.. and there is also this very nice ´hollow´ percussion

all in all, beautiful cd.. definitely good chill material... amazing cover art too.. gotta buy this :)

btw.. I find silly to compare this to ott or whoever else.. its very different approach to music...

There are moments where a song goes full and delivers a nice, soothing and floaty sound. It has very nice atmosphere and I love those background seldom appearing samples and mellow soundscapes. Yet there are too many moments where like almost nothing is happening (or so I feel it). Also I have problems discerning the songs from each other. However, its a very good chill, my favourite tracks are Leaving Winter Behind, Airstream and Garland of Stars, these are definitely beautiful.

When comparing to Ott, I meant his chillout remix works (for Shp, Entheo etc). It is kind of similar music. You are probably right, the approach is different. The comparison just occured to me somehow ;)

There are moments where a song goes full and delivers a nice, soothing and floaty sound. It has very nice atmosphere and I love those background seldom appearing samples and mellow soundscapes. Yet there are too many moments where like almost nothing is happening (or so I feel it). Also I have problems discerning the songs from each other. However, its a very good chill, my favourite tracks are Leaving Winter Behind, Airstream and Garland of Stars, these are definitely beautiful.

When comparing to Ott, I meant his chillout remix works (for Shp, Entheo etc). It is kind of similar music. You are probably right, the approach is different. The comparison just occured to me somehow  ;)

399436[/snapback]

np.. its just taste hehe :)

i was assuming this would be my easy top of 2005 but its easily the biggest disappointment.

I love his first 2 albums, i was hoping this would push things into a new level but to me it almost sounds like a step back. Some nice moments but the tracks just dont go anywhere and the whole thing sounds uninspired, like just going through the motions.

i was assuming this would be my easy top of 2005 but its easily the biggest disappointment.

399977[/snapback]

feel the same, the album is quite uninspired and a big disappointment.

dont know how bluetech could produce such meaningless stuff after

the first two album which were very good.

Guest The Journey Man Project
:lol: this thread is quite funny... any way... what were you all expecting? Please give some details... I"m sure for Mr Bluetech the music is very deep and meaningful, and that is what counts, just because it isn't deep and meaningful for you doesn;t mean it is crap music... it wipes the floor of his last two albums, very well progressed and inspiring... spun in a chill out set over the weekend and it went down very well sunday evening closing set...

:lol: this thread is quite funny... any way... what were you all expecting? Please give some details... I"m sure for Mr Bluetech the music is very deep and meaningful, and that is what counts, just because it isn't deep and meaningful for you doesn;t mean it is crap music... it wipes the floor of his last two albums, very well progressed and inspiring... spun in a chill out set over the weekend and it went down very well sunday evening closing set...

400194[/snapback]

its all about taste, seems like you are somehow insulted some people dont like it?

Guest The Journey Man Project

Nah I just always, wioth any review, find it hilarious how people take music as if it was made for them, when in reality it is often made just for the musician, not for anybody else...

Nah I just always, wioth any review, find it hilarious how people take music as if it was made for them, when in reality it is often made just for the musician, not for anybody else...

400239[/snapback]

lol and are you here with straight face trying to say you are innocent?

I quite liked it, but as it took me a while to fully appreciate the first double cd, I think (hope) my appreciation will continue to grow over the next weeks/months...

I do understand why A-Z released this in winter-season: that's exactly the image I get whit this music.

Delicate snowflakes, microscopic crystals, icy-clear skies, frozen waterfalls,...

It's a shame there're nearly no climaxes within the tracks, yet again "less" seems to be "more".

Hidden melodies & variation: sometimes in rhythmic structure, sometimes in sound-architecture with some exprimental structures that kinda remind me of the softer & non-dancefloor productions of Jeff Mills in the late nineties.

Only minus I have is that it all sounds a little too delicate & too clean now&then & that there's no "warm embrace" in the music (yet)

400194[/snapback]

imo bluetech tried to get an warmer style but he failed and the result is a faceless album without any climaxes and no soul. a big step back compared to his previous two albums. the music sounds cold and too digital.

" this thread is quite funny... any way... what were you all expecting? Please give some details... I"m sure for Mr Bluetech the music is very deep and meaningful"

well its also quite funny that you can assume its meaningful to him? Maybe he just cranked it out because he has alot of musical talent/keyboard chops and he makes his living off making music, but wasnt very inspired to go beyond what he did before, who knows.

If i had never heard his old stuff i would think this album is a classic, its surely far better than most other chill coming out. What i dont like is that its not as complex as his earlier stuff and the songs just dont seem to be as well composed as the earlier songs. There are some incredibly interesting moments in this disk, with some truely crazy sounds, but thats about it for me.