Guilty Pleasure Top Ten

GaySatanicHippie

So, like Ive said before, im really into making top tens, and this time ive decided to make a tope ten of of my favorite guilty pleasures. We all have them, songs that dont fit at all with our usual listening behavior, songs we would never admit to our friends that we like them. But, I dont only do this out of masochistic motives to expose myself, but also to see what all of you listen to at home when no ones theree to observe your coolness. Since im the ultimate cheesemaster, i split it into Electronic guiltty pleasures and non-electronic guilty pleasures.

Non-Electronic:

1. Glen Campbell - Rhinestone Cowboy

My fav. country song of all time, and i think just a great song overall. Really tacky, something to sing along with under the shower, I remember running around very drunk on a festival singing this, and everyone looking at me like "what the fuck??????"

2. Modern Talking - Brother Louie

and all their other songs, since they all sound the same anyways, BUT I LIKE THEM :ph34r: Dieter Bohlen is the MAN, hes like the funniest person in the universe. Musik for the people!! mixes perfectly with prog. psy!!

3. Falco- Jeanny and Out of the Dark

My fav. Austrian, except Clemens aka RTP of course, hes got that typical arrogant viennese sneer when he does his "talk-singing" thing, and the man had style!!! For me he is the austrian (viennese)prototype, and i like austria a lot, so i like Falco!

4. France Galle- Ella Elle lá

I dont know what the fuck she is saying, but it just sounds too cute :wub: 80's frenchie style!

5. Rammstein - Ohne Dich

The Rammstein singer, Till, has one of the most impressive voices out there. He really shows it in their romantic songs like this one. So much power and depth, it really carries a lot of weight. And he rolls his "R's" like Hitler and Goebbels used to do when he sings, that always gives it a really creepy scary un dertone (all german speakers will know what i mean)

6. Wolfsheim - Die Flut

A semi-gothic epic track, very monumental, everyone i know really hates this track with a passion, but i really dig it.

7. Army of Lovers - Obsession

Weird early 90's pop, i vividly remember the nurse with the big titties from the video, that really impressed me at the tender age of 14. But the track is also cool, i never heard anything quite like it ever since.

8. Bee Gees - How Deep is Your Love

do i need to comment...i dont think so...

9. Nina Hagen feat. Apocalytica - Seemann

THE ULTIMATE DRUNK SONG!!!! Its all about a lonely sailor standing at a street light being depressed with tears in his eyes. I think every male will be able to relate to this song, there is something very primal and existential about it. Its actually a cover of Rammstein, but Nina Hagen does it so much better. I only like this song when im piss-drunk, it just doesnt work sober or stoned. For all the girlies, if you've ever seen seen your man behaving all sentimental and weird when hes drunk, this is what he feels like. I also experienced that this is a great song for drunk male bonding, like group hugging and shouting along.

10. Kenny G. - Silhouette

Music for airplanes, it seems like whenever i sit in an airplane waiting to take off, this is the song they play. Does the word elevator music ring a bell? But still, i absolutely looooove that song...

Also im a big admirer of Barry Manilow, I used to consider him a guilty pleasure, but Ive come to the conclusion that he is truly great artist in every aspect, so im very open about my admiration for him, he became a"proud pleasure" !!

Electronic:

1. Castor&Pollux - Serenity (JF Sebastian Mix)

I usually hate trance with cheesy female vocals, but if there is one trance track with cheesy female vocals to like, this is it!!! This, is just extremely well done, for what it is, it is really outstanding. Whenever I do a mix im always very tempted to just throw it in once i get alittle faster, its just so touching in a candyraver kinda way.

2. System F - Out of the Blue

The most epic of all epic melodies, epic to the fifth degree, but everytime i hear i kinda get goosebumps :lol:

3. Dune- Hardcore Vibes

You just have to like that Mickey Mouse Voice singing about the Hardcore Vibes, hehe, and dont forget "This one is dedicated to all the ravers in the nation"

4. Ascension - Someone

:ph34r: Another cheesy trance track with cheesy vocals, this one is as guilty a pleasure as it can get, it really pains me to admit that ilike it, but it really touches some weird hearstring within me :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

5. Snap - Rhythm is a Dancer

Hell Yeah, i actually dont know if this is guilty or not, i also love "Ïve got the power" by snap, but thats definitely not guilty, thats cool as fuck. About this one, im not too sure, so ill just put it in here, the singing and rapping are kinda off-key, but the synths are fucking awesome!!!!

6. Skazi - Revolution :o:blink::huh:

So I chose to end my guilty pleasure top with number six, the number of the devil, with the guiltiest of all guilty pleasures. The one himself, SKAZIIIIIIII!!!! Yes, I like Skazi :ph34r::ph34r: At least i like this track. I first heard this track from a random full-on DJ, i remember thinking, "Wow, finally a full-on track thats actually pretty cool, i like this track, i should try to find out what it is..." Since it has this really strong sampple that is easy to remeber, i asked a friend of mine who likes full-on "Hey, do you by any chance know this full-on song that goes lïke "The revolution lalala..." and he was like, "Öh yeah, thats Revolution by Skazi" and im like "noooooooo, what did you just say, you used the S-Word, Skazi, noooooooooooo". So there I had it, all my most profound prejudices were proven wrong, i was exposed as a skazi liker... :ph34r::ph34r: now start hating on me, i deserve it :(

Anyways, ive exposed the darkest areas of my soul, now its your turn!!!!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great topic ;) A few of mine (in no particular order):

Chris Isaac - Wicked Game

Madonna - Justify My Love

Pet Shop Boys - Always On My Mind

Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls

U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

I'm generally into a lot of corny 80's and early 90's pop-music - especially Pet Shop Boys and Madonna, but also stuff like Michael Jackson, Tears For Fears, Talk Talk, Duran Duran, Simple Minds, Crowded House etc - and give me some Eric Clapton as well while you're at it ;)

And there's also my collection of super-chessy trance-anthems - a few of my many favourites:

Delirium - Innocente (DJ Tiesto remix)

Tastexperience feat. Natasha Pearl - Summersault

Three Drives On A Vinyl - Greece 2000

Delirium Feat. Sarah McLachlan - Silence (DJ Tiesto In Search Of Sunrise Remix)

Planet Perfecto Feat. Grace - Not Over Yet

Great topic ;) A few of mine (in no particular order):

Chris Isaac - Wicked Game

Madonna - Justify My Love

Pet Shop Boys - Always On My Mind

Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls

U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

I'm generally into a lot of corny 80's and early 90's pop-music - especially Pet Shop Boys and Madonna, but also stuff like Michael Jackson, Tears For Fears, Talk Talk, Duran Duran, Simple Minds, Crowded House etc - and give me some Eric Clapton as well while you're at it ;)

And there's also my collection of super-chessy trance-anthems - a few of my many favourites:

Delirium - Innocente (DJ Tiesto remix)

Three Drives On A Vinyl - Greece 2000

Delirium Feat. Sarah McLachlan - Silence (DJ Tiesto In Search Of Sunrise Remix)

Planet Perfecto Feat. Grace - Not Over Yet

399019[/snapback]

hehe, i , i agree about the 80's early 90's stuff.....

but:

is not guilty!!!!! THATS FULL-OUT AWESOME!!!!!! That vynil is one of my proudest posessions! :wub::lol: i would walk into a room of kompakt minimal techno snobs and proudly proclaim my utter love and appreciation of that song ;)

is not guilty!!!!! THATS FULL-OUT AWESOME!!!!!! That vynil is one of my proudest posessions! :wub:  :lol: i would walk into a room of kompakt minimal techno snobs and proudly proclaim my utter love and appreciation of that song  ;)

399021[/snapback]

Yeah, it's amazing. I'm definitely going to use it in a set sometime - the problem is finding a suitable crowd ;)

Guest The Journey Man Project

I only listen to ambient music for about the last 2 years so there is nothing guilty about it, I never listen to the radio, watch music video shows or listen to other cd's... about the closest thing to po would be Sarah McLaughlin who sings amazing modern folk music, saw her live earlier this year and it blew me away... also Fear Factory and Machine Head and Slayer... but I gather there is no guilt involved... I will admit I do enjoy Metallica - "Garage Days Revisted" or whatever and I think what they did to the mp3 providers was excellent... the more illegal mp3 providers they kill the better off the world is!! B)

Sweden is forever linked with and will always be mistaken for Germany (or Switzerland at best) :)

Just listen to how swedes are portraid in movies, the sound like germans!! They don't speak our very special swenglish ;)

EDIT: But in germany, people actually truly like that song. Here we think it's just so outrageous and hilarous, which makes it a classic :)

Well... I tried but I can't say that I really would be shamed off these...

Mike Oldfield & Maggie Reilly - To France

Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights

The Allman Brothers Band - Blue Sky

Fleetwood Mac - Sara

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Simple Man

Billy Joel - We Didn't Start The Fire

Pet Shop Boys - It's a Sin

Talking Heads - Once In A Lifetime

Tori Amos - Power Of The Orange Knickers

Kiss - Detroit Rock City

Oh and I just listened all your non-electronit fav songs and liked these:

Army Of Lovers - Obsession

Modern Talking - Brother Louie

Nina Hagen feat. Apocalytica - Seemann

Kenny G. - Silhouette

Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love ! (grade A cheese :) )

:)

Justin Timberlake - Like I Love You.

Yea yea, laugh as you wish. Those Neptunes guys are gods in disguise. They managed to make this skinny white idiot sound like Michael Jackson.

Infected Mushroom - Deeply Disturbed

Bahh, killer guitar riffs and fat bass line. Nuff said

Talamasca - Overload.

Even the image of hundreds of sweating Arsim in unsleeved short t-shirts jumping up and down in E craze to the sounds of this tune can't take away the emotions that this tune evokes in me

Travis - Hit Me Baby One More Time

Woooohoooo

and he was like, "Öh yeah, thats Revolution by Skazi" and im like "noooooooo, what did you just say, you used the S-Word, Skazi, noooooooooooo". So there I had it, all my most profound prejudices were proven wrong, i was exposed as a skazi liker... :ph34r:  :ph34r:

399012[/snapback]

lol

S-Word

:D

anyway,

Infected Mushroom - None of this is real

like duh? :)

Gay-house:

Armand van Helden: You don't even know me

Gym & Tonic (I think): Street Corner Symphonie (sure on that one)

Babe Instinct: Disco Babes from Outterspace

Real oldskool:

Wamdue Project: King of my castle

Snap: "I'm serious as can-cer, when I say: Rhythm is a Dan-cer"

Ramirez: Hablando

Age of Love: Aga of Love

Liquid Green Dogs: Fired up

Metallica: Nothing else matters & "One"

I know no shame

Guest The Journey Man Project

Love Skazi and Chemical Crew, the best stuff from Israel for sure!! I don't fell an ounce of guilt... yeah he's done some cheesey shit but man, it is great music... compare it to most 4/4 music in the mainstream music scene, and Chemical Crew kick arse, and the packagin is pretty good fun...

Pet Shop Boys - It's a Sin

Rammstein - Asche Zu Asche

Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger

That's all, I believe.

Oh oh, wait...

Haddaway - What Is Love? and basically most of this generation's euro.

Love Skazi and Chemical Crew, the best stuff from Israel for sure!! I don't fell an ounce of guilt... yeah he's done some cheesey shit but man, it is great music... compare it to most 4/4 music in the mainstream music scene, and Chemical Crew kick arse, and the packagin is pretty good fun...

399120[/snapback]

Hahahaha :lol:

πεγκυ ζηνα

καιτη γαρμπη

αννα βισση

δεσποινα βανδη και................................

σακης ρουβας!!!!!!!!!!!

:P

guilty pleasures ... yeah, I have some :P

Now it's Carlos Peron - Der Komtur (Kreuzritter I/II) ... anybody remembers as this has been in the charts? Lol, I never listened to it back then but just a week ago I began to totally dig it as I rediscovered it ... that dude that speaks the german vocals has such an AWESOME voice, killarrrgh!!!

This summer one has been Papi Sanchez - Enamorame ... I mean, I hate the dude rapping, but I like the chorus. Seriously. I liked that song because of the chick singing the chorus - just from the point of singing, you know, I don't even know how she looks like. The only point is, that it became overplayed by me and now I don't like it so much anymore...

Another one is NOFX - Bob ... I hate punk rock or whatever Nofx are, but this song is great: "It's been 15 years gettin' loaded, 15 years until his liver exploded - now what's Bob gonna do now that he can't drink?" ... come on, a song that begins so funny can't be bad can it?

Guano Apes I like too ... but only the Don't Give Me Names album ... the reason why is that as I was in Scotland with class they often put this CD in in the bus because we didn't have many other good ones and now when I hear it I get reminded of Scotland...

And I like ALL retro stuff, no matter how cheesy it is - but keep in mind: MY retro is NOT what is officially labeled as "retro" ... with retro I mean the music I was into as I have been pre-teen to teen-age and that ranges from Wes - Alane over Vertigo and DJ Quicksilver up to Paul Van Dyk and DJ Tiesto and Mauro Picotto and whatever (yes, you know I have been into that stuff) ... all before the psy era is already retro in a way to me because my mind has developed into another state where this music is not the right one anymore, it's just a reflection of the past.

And I like Metal. And a bit of gothic. And a bit of industrial. And medieval ambient. But I would not refer to any of these as "guilty pleasure"...