Overdose/Babyboom

NT

Hm, recently i'm getting a bit fed up with the MASSIVE amount of releases, almost like a overdose on new labels/artists (which can be a good thing though). It's getting way too much now if you ask me. What caused this? Psytrance finally gained its proper attention/popularity? I'm not sure. What I am sure about it that there's too many stuff to check out and too many stuff is just filler. Although this year has been a great year as well with some excellent releases (i.e. Ghreg on earth/Para Halu/Derango/Some V.A's and other stuff...)

Take a look at the amount of releases a couple (or more) years ago and compare it to this year... Psytrance at its peak? Or what happened? I'm not even talking about the 'commercial full-on/whateveryoumaycall it 'scene' there's tons of new dark/prog stuff as well.. How is it even financially possible that so many people started a label... and still people complain about the piracy and stuff. I don't get it... mp3 isn't killing bussiness it seems, now is it?.

Anyway, just needed to share this :)

Edit: Maybe it became possible because 'home producing' is alot easier nowadays...

Guest The Journey Man Project

I think that one problem is all the big labels died so now rich kids get daddy to start their own label to release thier own bedroom junk... Eskimo take note :D

Seriously, there is way to much bad music in this scene, and by the time you filter through samples, cd's or whatever your to burnt out to enjoy the few good tracks... just thinking about going shopping for music makes me to tired to bother...

I think that one problem is all the big labels died so now rich kids get daddy to start their own label to release thier own bedroom junk... Eskimo take note :D

Seriously, there is way to much bad music in this scene, and by the time you filter through samples, cd's or whatever your to burnt out to enjoy the few good tracks... just thinking about going shopping for music makes me to tired to bother...

398373[/snapback]

Rich kids and psytrance don't really mix I think... but perhaps you might be right ;) Anyway it's too much to spit through, and even reviews don't really help anymore (Sorry to say so but most reviews written here are so overwhelming and 'overreacted', everything sounds good, almost everything gets an A+ , hardly any real criticism... ) maybe the scene lacks good critics. Anyway, I remember hunting down good releases and went MAD when something good came out and I found it at a store or wherever.. those days are over... It's like you have eaten too many chocolate and you suddenly dislike the taste of it because you had too many....

Edit: Still, if I forget about the many average/bad releases from this year, it still has been quite a rich year, but nonetheless it's TOO MUCH. Don't even know what to listen anymore... anyway if you want some "underground" reccomedation, i'd still reccomend "V.A. - Predescessor" , twisted/dark japanese psytrance, raw sound, "underground"... oh and "V.A. - Schlab 07" ofcourse :) Any other 'forgotten gems' ?

honestly, i find it ridiculous that someone wants less people to express themselves

no, it does not all have to be good, and most of it won't, but if people are discouraged from trying, so many geniuses will not find out that they are geniuses.

every musical genre is flooded with releases

tv is filled with bad shows

theaters are bursting with horrible movies

art galleries are overflowing with putrid works

why should psytrance be any different

but within all that putridity are gems

even one gem among 458 million pieces of turd makes it worthwhile

especially since a turd for you might be a gem for me

tired of shit, stop buying everything you see

listen to other kinds of music for a while

voice constructive criticism, i.e. other than saying to curb peoples' creativity, no matter how limited it might be

there has been a lot of good music released this year. there was a lot of crap too, of course - maybe 95% of all releases.. but who cares when there's the 5% of good stuff. :D

I have been wondering the same...

probably it is just because it is not hard to start a label, and everybody thinks

"I can do better than you!"

So they just start a label... But if you look, many labels only release 1 cd... The large amount of labels are in fact the biggest thread for psy-trance imo... but of course, if many people with "good taste" (according to me) start weird music labels, I would be VERY happy! The problem is, it are mostly full on and progressive labels, while that kind of music is already over-produced...

Otherwise, labels as Giiwaa etc give me hope, the more, the better if they release quality music :)

Weird thing, actually - mp3 and labels :ph34r: Daddies and sons - De Javu Rec from russia for example.

But yes, I agree with furthur... only that the whole psytrance scene is loosing it exclusiveness and interestness, some sort of cultural inflation :unsure: you have to go deeper in order to feel the same excitement as in the past.