Antix Remixes

Basilisk

Is it just me, or does hearing these make you want to throw on the originals?

I almost think that they should have done what Son Kite did for colours... get Luke Chable and Shiloh and some real proggy names to hack at it. I liked FREq's mix the first time around but the rest... hmm, not so sure yet.

Thoughts?

Is it just me, or does hearing these make you want to throw on the originals?

I almost think that they should have done what Son Kite did for colours... get Luke Chable and Shiloh and some real proggy names to hack at it. I liked FREq's mix the first time around but the rest... hmm, not so sure yet.

Thoughts?

397906[/snapback]

Haven't heard it... Yet!

But I would love to read a full review by you... *Nudge, nudge*

/DP

I also preffer the original and when I put this on it makes me want to put the original afterwards too haha

but there are some nice aspects..

le lascard (dnox and beckers) is a very good track... as I said somewhere else, its more booty than the finesse of the original track, but very good party track..

Hiding Place with phony orphants is nicey... Some melody even reminds me of that ´sweet dreams are made of thiiiiis´ track hahahah .. they made the track a bit more pumping and dirty ... good but not the best

Cold Nights freq remix is awesome! im sure you dont expect this from FREq... I was expecting a typical freq party stormer, with those big synth pads, straight pumping bassline.. but no way.. This is hollow, percussive, with ´skiping´ bassline.. It totally doesnt sound like freq.. If it was written ´vision and canedy´ it would make more sense haha... the best in the cd imo

little honey fitalic remix is also nice.. percussions all the way like the other fitalic tracks, etc.. not impressiv but nice

forever changing vibrasphere remix.. hmmm.. Has some trademarks ´lime structure-like´ sounds.. good stuff, bouncy bassline... the most intelligent thing they did here was to leave the break of the original track, which is one of my all-time favourites... I like it... but since I like the original of this track sooooo much, this one doesnt reach me like it could

little honey scs remix... hmmm.. how can I define this? well it takes a bit of the ´sugar´ from antix out, and brings a bit more ´seriousness´ ... hahah thats the best I can define it... also good track

le lascard ohrsten nors.. this one also surprised me... actually because I had no idea what to expect.. quite dark interpretation of the antix track... It´s a subterranean version of Le Lascard... I like it how that little ´female´ voice sound is put in loop..

oh, I had forgotten about this one.. Fiord - Hybrid... it fights with freq remix for the ´best track in cd´ position.. This is just beautiful.. has some parts from different tracks of TCD, and also some new sounds... This time antix didnt try to be a crossover.. they accepted the prog house nature of the track, with that beautiful continuous bassline that only prog house can make... Its ´le creme´.. Beautiful track.. You can see the antix brothers have gotten in touch with their ´animas´ in this track haha.. It´s the kind of track my girlfriend would really like

ok that was it for a weird spontaneous review..

so overall I liked the cd, but it will not ever surpass the original.. Its a nice compliment.. I would certainly play in parties the freq remix and the hybrid, because they are very much in my style and very good tracks.. the others I gladly listen at home :)

Yes, it almost complitely suxx :) FREq, Vibrasphere and Sun Control Species are OK, imo. Fiord track is also nice but it lacks something...

All in all - a disappointment. It has something in common with Meller's last album - it can only be used as crossover tools for djs at progressive arties.