Is full-on still the most popular genre?

McKoy

Full-on is currently the most popular form of trance, isn't it?

yeahp, it is. its the pop of psy

Taken from one of those fullon thread

Do everyone agree with that ? If yes, then what makes you thinks so ? Is it because of the music played in parties or because of label's sales or maybe it's just a feeling you have?

I'm not saying that you're wrong but when I see that I have some doubts.

Posted Image

off-topic

funny how this irresistible meltdown 4 is horrible imo... typical psy prog bullshit

neelix I didnt even hear cause sinn tec usually releases exactly this type of psy prog that I dislike very much...

meller sucks... blargh..

ticon is the only one that saves itself in that list, good stuff, some excellent tracks.. (and insane creation is ok.. but not more)

now back on topic: can you really measure from one chart? More charts would be necessary.. but also even so wouldnt say much.. what if prog people tend more to buy cds while most full on people dont buy cds? Not that I believe in this, but its an example why these charts still wouldnt really be an objective measurement about the number of listeners/fans in each genre..

I guess the thing that shows more how full on is popular is the amount of full on parties, the number of people that go to the parties, the amount of full on artists, etc..

Taken from one of those fullon thread

Do everyone agree with that ? If yes, then what makes you thinks so ? Is it because of the music played in parties or because of label's sales or maybe it's just a feeling you have?

I'm not saying that you're wrong but when I see that I have some doubts.

Posted Image

397674[/snapback]

Poor Mckoy, you know not what you have started. again.

People on psyshop.com in general seem to buy more progressive than full on. I dont know if you can base your facts on just one shop though :)

Maybe gather information from a couple of online/offline stores, and then we will know 100% for shoe :)

All that psyprog is so boring. Down there with fullon IMHO.

397898[/snapback]

yeah its damn fucking boring... but its just not ´down there with full on´ because full on gives big headaches and makes you want to murder the dj/producer/soundsystem... psyprog just makes you yawn, and a bit angry... :lol:

It certainly seems more full-on stuff is released each week than any other sort of trance so, yeah, full-on probably is the most popular form of trance.

397923[/snapback]

And that´s just bad. I´am really interested who lisen this music, all my friends who like psy only like oldschool or even don´t know anything about fullon. I hope tranceform and suntrip will release better newschool goa because the artists like filteria, ypsilon5 and other don´t make so good music, i alzo miss the classical psychedelic feeling tath you think you´re outside when you listen to trance.

People on psyshop.com in general seem to buy more progressive than full on. I dont know if you can base your facts on just one shop though :)

and psyshop is based in germany, where prog is far more popular than is the case elsewhere

i bet that if it were located in russia, most in the top 10 would be dark, for instance

I wouldn't trust Psyshop charts. B)

397867[/snapback]

Yes, you're probably right. Their charts are suspicious, so is their "cd of the week", but it was the only charts i knew until yesterday.

397901[/snapback]

I don't agree with that. For the last two years I've been following the evolution of psyshop's chart and I assure you that it was dominated by full-on until recently. But then again, I don't how much credibility it has. I've just discovered saikosounds'top ten and it seems that full-on is still the most popular there.

and psyshop is based in germany, where prog is far more popular than is the case elsewhere

i bet that if it were located in russia, most in the top 10 would be dark, for instance

398035[/snapback]

Most of us buy their cd from psyhop I think, but few of us live in Germany. Also Saikosounds is located in Japon and I doubt they do most of their sales there.

Most of us buy their cd from psyhop I think, but few of us live in Germany. Also Saikosounds is located in Japon and I doubt they do most of their sales there.

398060[/snapback]

i didn't say only germans buy from psyshop, but since it's located in germany itself, i think it's reasonable to assume proportionally more germans purchase there (lower shippings costs and familiarity)

but i guess one can't tell for sure, since we don't have any data and the like

besides, another thing we have to consider is that for a lot people progressive is more suitable for home-listening and less so for partying, so i suspect they'll be more likely to buy prog (or chill and down-tempo) rather than full on - but that doesn't necessarily mean it's less popular in general

but again, that's of course just speculating

The other reality...

top 10 last month on Saikosounds

Digital Factory CD

Various Artists / 3D Vision [3DVCD025]

Wild Life - Surfing On Soundwaves CD

Various Artists / Alchemy [ALCD019]

Streamline CD

Various Artists / Nano [NANOCD012

Zero Six After CD

Ticon / Digital Structures [DIGCD017]

ISRAliens 5 - Mega Tribe CD

Various Artists / HOMmega [HMCD46]

Fear CD

DarkPsy / Deja Vu [DJVCD013]

Twin Coast Remixes CD

Antix / Iboga [iBOGACD34]

Back To Galaxy - Compiled by Astral Projection CD

Various Artists / ComPact [CPCDIL027]

Artifakts II CD

Artifakt / Timecode [TCCD014]

Computech CD

Psycraft / HOMmega [HMCD45]

Now that gives different views...

Full On: 1,2,3,5,8,10

Progressive: 4,7

Dark: 6,9

Top 10 Chaosunlimited

1 BAMBOO FOREST REVIVAL CD MP RECORDS MPCD04

2 TICON ZERO SIX AFTER CD DIGITAL STRUCTURE DIGCD17

3 VARIOUS WILD LIFE - SURFING ON SOUNDWAVES CD ALCHEMY ALCD19

4 VARIOUS STREAMLINE CD NANO RECORDS NANCD13

5 VARIOUS BACK TO GALAXY CD COM.PACT REC CPCD27

6 VARIOUS DIGITAL FACTORY CD 3D VISION 3DVCD25

7 INSANE CREATION CONNECTED CD DOMO RECORDS DOMOCD07

8 GROWLING MAD SCIENTISTS (GMS) EMERGENCY BROADCAST SYSTEM CD SPUN RECORDS SPUNCD18

9 EVP HARMONIC MODULE CD WILD THINGS WILDCD02

10 Z MAN STORYTELLER CD AJUCA AJUCD006

Same same... Mostly Full On, some progressive

I'm so fucked up with all these 'full on' threads  <_<

398292[/snapback]

at least they''re not "what's your favorite old school/new school goa" threads.. talk about rehashing the same 20 albums over and over and over, argh..