stop bashing fullon !

Guest Rain

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyways, back on topic. Im gonna stop bashing full on, because while listening to my old records, I found out who is the founder of Full On!!!!!

Why didnt I remember this one?!

ETNICA!!!

1996 (well 1995 if you have the promo or dat) they released their FULL ON track.

To be found on the Starship 101 EP on Blue Room :) The 2 tracks on that EP go REALLY well together with DJ Cosmix And Etnica - Kumba Mela EP (1995) which was released on Matsuri.

I can remember having these 4 tracks in my set for a looooooong time :) I should so have them in my set again :)

Anyone up for booking me for a Full ON oldschool party?! I promise to play all the old hits ;)

Anyways, back on topic. Im gonna stop bashing full on, because while listening to my old records, I found out who is the founder of Full On!!!!!

Why didnt I remember this one?!

ETNICA!!!

1996 (well 1995 if you have the promo or dat) they released their FULL ON track.

To be found on the Starship 101 EP on Blue Room :) The 2 tracks on that EP go REALLY well together with DJ Cosmix And Etnica - Kumba Mela EP (1995) which was released on Matsuri.

I can remember having these 4 tracks in my set for a looooooong time :) I should so have them in my set again :)

Anyone up for booking me for a Full ON oldschool party?! I promise to play all the old hits ;)

398346[/snapback]

oh yes, full on is good then :)

[the etnicas one from EP ofcourse :D]

I also don't like full on.

I know this has been said before but...for Gods sake they all have the same bassline

Can somebody who likes full on explain me why this is a good thing?

398645[/snapback]

bass line does not make a track.

there is more to a track than just bass line.

Wow! Psynews is really incredible. Its just too funny, but most of the times its so much crap to read through that I don't do it. I shouldn't do that. I should check every thread for at least three messages to see what happens. I did miss that other topic as well... had something to with 'water' and 'ice' ... :P (not wanting to repeat the obvious)

But damn, this shit is funny. I really honestly can't understand why some people take everything so seriously, especially on a freakin forum.

You know what? The concept 'Full On' doesnt mean jack shit to me. Good music is indeed good music and repetitive trance-music with copied basslines is shitty, I think.

Its all about creativity and originality... Back in the day I used to love stuttering, bouncing and rolling basslines. Now I still do, unless its the same the whole night :)

Oh wow, I actually got into a discussion. I'm gonna quit before its too late. Bye!

I don't think that this is the appropriate answer for my question.

398940[/snapback]

it may not be a direct answer to ure question but it explains why in spite of the bassline ppl love it.

moreover, not all fullon has the same bassline, u just have to dig hard to find quality fullon

I don't think that this is the appropriate answer for my question.

398940[/snapback]

1)I dislike fullon.. ;) but

It's not exactly the same bassline... there are 4-5+ different kind of basslines, lol.

Basslines are pretty much similar in most goa too... only that in goa tracks basslines were more rich and interesting due to the LFO/frequency change happening all the time, much more fluctuating basslines, therefore less boring.

it may not be a direct answer to ure question but it explains why in spite of the bassline ppl love it.

moreover, not all fullon has the same bassline, u just have to dig hard to find quality fullon

398952[/snapback]

I don't think that her answer explains anything.

I asked if you think that having the same bassline is a good thing and why.

And if you think full on doesn't have the same bassline, than thats another subject and we should make a new topic about it.

And if you think full on doesn't have the same bassline, than thats another subject and we should make a new topic about it.

398990[/snapback]

no we shoudn't.

anyway, ok, the same bassline isnt a good thing

398990[/snapback]

i don't think there is a formula to follow in order to obtain good music.

i don't think there is a formula to follow in order to get labeled as "original", outstanding, good.

you just have to get to work, and try to create your own formula(s). and even if you copy a bass line from here, a sample from there, etc, it doesn't mean that your track will be bad and thrown away in the garbage. why? here's MY why:

1. there are many artists who find their inspiration in other artists' music. but maybe they don't wanna say it out loud. the difference is "tallent":

- the tallented ones have what it takes to create music by their own formula and obtain an outstanding, original, competitive product. yes, even by using a bass line that has been used before.

- the ones that are not tallented but have the music-making passion, will just copy and try to obtain a formula that can get out there. it may become hated or loved, but it will get out there.

2. even if you use the same bass line, it is not necessarily a sin ... because you have the chance to add value to your music production ... if you got what it takes ... as i said .. there is more to a track than just the bass line. there is more an artist has to show and to prove than just bass lines.

3. when an artist defines his/her own style, his/her own formula, you may expect to find repetitive elements in different tracks of the same album. this may be a good thing (the artist creates a theme for that album, so the theme usually is to be noticed several times along the album) or a bad thing (the artist lacks ideas, originality, inspiration)

it takes more than a bass line for me to label a track as good or bad. there is more to a track than just the bass line. i don't read a track by bass line. i read the track as a whole. the whole product. bass line is not my main issue. there are similar bass lines in all genres, may they be commercial/mainstream or underground. it's called "tendency", tendency is what creates genres and subgenres.

i hope this explains a lil bit better my words.

I understand what you say moni and i agree to some extent.

But answer me this,

Do you like the fact that for the past three years or more, every single artist in our scene, even the most creative minds of the past (with some exceptions ofcourse), use the same formula to make their tracks (i use the term formula, because talking about basslines narrows down the meaning) ?

I understand what you say moni and i agree to some extent.

But answer me this,

Do you like the fact that for the past three years or more, every single artist in our scene, even the most creative minds of the past (with some exceptions ofcourse), use the same formula to make their tracks (i use the term formula, because talking about basslines narrows down the meaning) ?

399432[/snapback]

hum ...

it may be as you say, but at the opposite poll, there are also artists who made a change of formula and lost their "fans". so i'm not sure what to answer you, but i wouldn't like to generalise.

i just know that there are artists producing music by their own formula, great formula or formula that works, and those i listen to.

i am always open to listen to new formulas, and thank god we have the "download before you buy" thing going on, cause the scene is pretty big these days.

that's why i don't bash full on or other genres, cause there are always good and bad products "on the market", and we'll allways find good music and bad music .. we just have to choose what is good for us.

i said in a previous post of mine .. maybe full on is bashed because it has been promoted too much through parties. some people just might have had enough.

i don't think there is a formula to follow in order to obtain good music.

i don't think there is a formula to follow in order to get labeled as "original", outstanding, good.

you just have to get to work, and try to create your own formula(s). and even if you copy a bass line from here, a sample from there, etc, it doesn't mean that your track will be bad and thrown away in the garbage. why? here's MY why:

1. there are many artists who find their inspiration in other artists' music. but maybe they don't wanna say it out loud. the difference is "tallent":

- the tallented ones have what it takes to create music by their own formula and obtain an outstanding, original, competitive product. yes, even by using a bass line that has been used before.

- the ones that are not tallented but have the music-making passion, will just copy and try to obtain a formula that can get out there. it may become hated or loved, but it will get out there.

2. even if you use the same bass line, it is not necessarily a sin ... because you have the chance to add value to your music production ... if you got what it takes ... as i said .. there is more to a track than just the bass line. there is more an artist has to show and to prove than just bass lines.

3. when an artist defines his/her own style, his/her own formula, you may expect to find repetitive elements in different tracks of the same album. this may be a good thing (the artist creates a theme for that album, so the theme usually is to be noticed several times along the album) or a bad thing (the artist lacks ideas, originality, inspiration)

it takes more than a bass line for me to label a track as good or bad. there is more to a track than just the bass line. i don't read a track by bass line. i read the track as a whole. the whole product. bass line is not my main issue. there are similar bass lines in all genres, may they be commercial/mainstream or underground. it's called "tendency", tendency is what creates genres and subgenres.

i hope this explains a lil bit better my words.

399424[/snapback]

So? If i look at the "what do you listen" thread i only see that you listen to standart crappy fullon, hey nothing against you, anyone has his/her own taste but the artists you listen have pretty much the same formula!

So? If i look at the "what do you listen" thread i only see that you listen to standart crappy fullon, hey nothing against you, anyone has his/her own taste but the artists you listen have pretty much the same formula!

399578[/snapback]

well, if you think of it with a more openminded, a formula is everywhere less or more, you think old skool goa releases dont follow some formula? matter is whether and which style[let's say formula] you prefer, mosts albums have a lot in common ,logical as it is, each style has some certain characteristics.. now, copy+pasting is another thing....

But indeed probably in pre-2000 era there was more creativity and variation between releases, i can understand your point but i just wanted to point out some thoughts of mine... ;)

399578[/snapback]

radi, you just pissed me off. you are so close minded and judgemental! you just don't go around telling people that they listen to shit music dude! nobody does it around here!

you know nothing about what i listen to. cause you don't know me. i don't post on psynews all the music that i listen to everyday. my taste in music is very wide and pretty good i may say. others have said it too.

now this thread instead is about full on.

do you actually have something meaningful to say related to full on?

Edit: i used a couple of strong words in my post, but i took it back for obvious reasons. post edited.

moni, i understand that u can get out of your nerves, it is human. But you are a mod here, and you have to give the example, are you sure words like "fuck off" are really appropriate?

i don't wanna tell you how to act here, but please sometimes show the example ;)

(no offence)

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

moni, i understand that u can get out of your nerves, it is human. But you are a mod here, and you have to give the example, are you sure words like "fuck off" are really appropriate?

i don't wanna tell you how to act here, but please sometimes show the example ;)

(no offence)

399667[/snapback]

what have you said there , mate ... :rolleyes:;)