stop bashing fullon !

Guest Rain

i liek it not.there are some good albums, e.g even early GMS were listenable.. but today's fullon is even worse, much more formulaic and predictable... and melodies that dont fit with the track :S and cheese :S

e.g i liked Electric Universe - Cosmic Experience , but i bet that if it didnt have rollings basslines it would be even better ;)

oh, and i dont think full-on is just about rolling basslines. it doesnt mean that if the bass plays 16/16 steps the track is fullon :D

396737[/snapback]

The EU cd isn´t bad but without the fullon elements it would be rock, especially the prayer, and i like older GMS, too because it´s different than the today´s fullon and it has much more soundwuality than cheap fullon productions.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this means more people would go to a party that plays full on, which means more money to organizer, which means that if the organizer thinks mostly about money the easiest way is to make full on party

so its not a separate thing, the factors are all involved there.. no?

396730[/snapback]

Blame the organizers :P

blame the downloaders. :)

small cd sales --> need for money from gigs --> need for more gigs --> more gigs --> need for dance floor music --> more full on.

drugs may have some effect too somewhere there. :)

396747[/snapback]

I disagree very much but no patience for this discussion right now...

oh, don't worry, i wasn't really serious. :)

but blame the organisers isn't 100% serious either. can't be ..!

396757[/snapback]

It is 100%! ;)

You can't get a progg-party packed with people?

You don't have small non-full on parties?

Do you wish progg was as popular as full on sherklock?

What are you asking for? More progg parties or less full on parties? Just don't turn up at the full on parties, how hard can it be :)

It is 100%! ;)

You can't get a progg-party packed with people?

You don't have small non-full on parties?

Do you wish progg was as popular as full on sherklock?

What are you asking for? More progg parties or less full on parties? Just don't turn up at the full on parties, how hard can it be :)

396766[/snapback]

I live in Brazil.. for us to get big prog artists here, either its in a big festival (where most artists are full on), or in a commercial full on party where only the last or last 2 artists are prog...

yeah sure I never even been to a full on-only party... but it sucks for me to have to pay full ticket prices just to show up in the end of a party and listen to 1 or 2 dj sets/live... or its a small private party with local prog djs and snobbish ´I have the best hash´ proggy people

festivals are becoming a bit better in bringing different genres, they are dividing a bit better the time.. but still too much full on and not enough of other genres..

what am I asking for? Im asking for better divided line ups, not only full on parties... Im asking for instead of only andre absolut at the end of a party that has the line up of skazi+astrix+infected mushroom+space cat+delirious+eskimo, maybe get make one or 2 less of these killargh super expensive full on artists and get another couple of prog artists, you know? and some good chill acts that never come and are much cheaper..

know what I mean?

Im talking mostly about the brazillian scene.. when I go to europe I only go to better divided festivals, like voov and stuff...

I live in Brazil.. for us to get big prog artists here, either its in a big festival (where most artists are full on), or in a commercial full on party where only the last or last 2 artists are prog...

yeah sure I never even been to a full on-only party...  but it sucks for me to have to pay full ticket prices just to show up in the end of a party and listen to 1 or 2 dj sets/live...  or its a small private party with local prog djs and snobbish ´I have the best hash´ proggy people

festivals are becoming a bit better in bringing different genres, they are dividing a bit better the time.. but still too much full on and not enough of other genres..

what am I asking for? Im asking for better divided line ups, not only full on parties... Im asking for instead of andre absolut at the end of a skazi+astrix+infected mushroom aprty, maybe andre absolut+vibrasphere+ticon ... then at least its worth going...

know what I mean?

Im talking mostly about the brazillian scene.. when I go to europe I only go to better divided festivals, like voov and stuff...

396824[/snapback]

I dig. So you can't get progg at festivals and on small parties there is snobbish progg ppl. Thats just sad :/

You are basically saying that you want progg to be as big as full on because then organizers would book them? I don't know but I thought progg was very popular. I've never been to a festival so I don't really know what I'm talking about ;)

And you are saying there is good festival with better variation. So I guess those organizers are better for your liking So we are down to the organizers again.

I dig. So you can't get progg at festivals and on small parties there is snobbish progg ppl. Thats just sad :/

You are basically saying that you want progg to be as big as full on because then organizers would book them? I don't know but I thought progg was very popular. I've never been to a festival so I don't really know what I'm talking about ;)

And you are saying there is good festival with better variation. So I guess those organizers are better for your liking So we are down to the organizers again.

396834[/snapback]

hehe im not trynig to prove you that full on is bad btw.. just that the extreme over-hypeness of it is bad... and its not just the organizers... its the people, the general mentality, the artists, the labels, the organizers, the drugs and whatever else you can think of ... its many factors put together..

what I meant is that I wish it could be a bit more ´healthily´ divided... I dont mind if there is full on in a party because people like it.. but I mind this stupid extreme division, these ´groups, castes, races´...

anyways, im gonna watch ´oldboy´ right now.. hope its good.. hehe

hehe im not trynig to prove you that full on is bad btw.. just that the extreme over-hypeness of it is bad...  and its not just the organizers... its the people, the general mentality, the artists, the labels, the organizers, the drugs and whatever else you can think of ...  its many factors put together..

what I meant is that I wish it could be a bit more ´healthily´ divided... I dont mind if there is full on in a party because people like it.. but I mind this stupid extreme division, these ´groups, castes, races´... 

anyways, im gonna watch ´oldboy´ right now.. hope its good.. hehe

396842[/snapback]

Yeah I know what you mean. And I'm not saying all full on is good :)

I saw half of Oldboy. Can't really remember why we stopped watched. It was pretty cool.

yeah to a certain extent you are very right.. I cant blame the genre specifically... but the fact that its more popular and a bit more ´easily digestible´ (controversial claim yeah), this means more people would go to a party that plays full on, which means more money to organizer, which means that if the organizer thinks mostly about money the easiest way is to make full on party

so its not a separate thing, the factors are all involved there.. no?

396730[/snapback]

I would even go as far as saying that you should blame the listeners. full on IS more popular amongst young hormons than amongst us old farts ;)

I would even go as far as saying that you should blame the listeners. full on IS more popular amongst young hormons than amongst us old farts ;)

396871[/snapback]

*cough

but some of us old farts have the hormone level of 16 year old's

*cough

I guess that's why I hate full-on and love it at the same time :ph34r:

seriously though....

there is so much fullon being released, and so much is shite, that there's so much to hate!

I don't think that because Bon Jovi has released 10 shite cd's that I would say I hate rock?!

I guess people love to generalise.

personally, I think there is nothing more awesome than an awesome full-on tune :D

and this is just unbelievable!

396884[/snapback]

Why do you think that? When Robbie Williams is one of the most popular artists out there.... like I said, there is a pop genre in Psy, and thats full on :)

I mean, look at commercial trance for instance, tiesto and the likes, thats also very popular. WHY? Because its easier to listen to than hard pumping techno for the "GENERAL" crowd.

People differ in taste, and some people dont like "intelligent" music, they just want to listen, and not think about what they are listening to.

I dont say that these people have bad taste or anything, it just differs from mine. And BOY am I happy that everyone is not listening to the kind of music I like. The parties would be WAY to crowded for my liking.

This is WHY I promote parties that are having full on, then I can party at my 500 persons small party, with people that are like me :)

I like old school. why?

396620[/snapback]

you don't like fullon cause it's too cheezy but you like old skool :lol:

old skool is supercheezy my friend, the melodies, the crying indian women,

old skool has got thousands fluffy melodies, moooooooooooore fluffier then fullon...

come listen to the muses rapt, astral projection, yahel their old skool you don't call that fluffy...

fullon melodies are less emotional then old skool melodies, there more about the kick...

so sorry don't get it

Hehe, ill name some when i get home, there are so few of them i dunno right now. I'll see if i rember some when i see my mp3-folder.  ;)

396668[/snapback]

see you can't even remember a fullon name but bash it... you just have no idea what kind of fullon is released at this moment at all sorry.... so all fullon is crap statement are wrong cause you don't know all fullon ;)

the problem is not the music but the organisers/dj's .... I still don't understand why there are so many full on only parties ....

396669[/snapback]

wel preciously most dancers like fullon because fullon parties are always filled people, and why do al dj's spin fullon ........... because they like fullon simple...

I think we should respect their taste if they wanna spin fullon....

hey in the fullon thread i jsut told my opinion, have i told that who listens fullon is a sucker or something, no, i just have told my opinion about the quality of it. other people can have other thoughts about it. I for example have friends that listen hiphop and say that psychedelic is shit but it don´t matter for me cause i say that hiphop is shit and we havn´t any problems, everyone can listen to what he/she want.

396687[/snapback]

you are the ultimate fullon basher and post it like 20 times a day my friend...

don't lie to me and say you analyzed and critized it once...

you big lier... before I started this post I counted all the fullon bashing post...

don't underestimate me my friend... when I do something I do it prepared...

Yeah full on sucks...  for me.

and goa sucks too.. for me.

I guess its just pretty obvious that all these things are about taste... 

The only thing that sucks more specially about full on than other genres is that it tends to take over too many parties...  So many parties are full on-only, and sometimes like 1 prog act in the end of the party after many many hours of pure killar full on...  this sucks very much..

I think it should be a bit more balanced.. I dont like this extreme ´genre segregation´..

As for the stereotypes in genres...

prog people seem to be kinda snobish

full on people seem to be kinda ecstasy ppl and/or noobs

and goa people seem to be kinda  ´we are the arian people, this is the only true genre´

though of course, there are many exceptions... even in this very thread you will find many exceptions.. and also I have friends who are exceptions...    but stereotypes many times have some sort of (not absolute) truth in them...  hope I dont offend anybody

396714[/snapback]

true you have that idea but does that give people the right to post 20 times a day that fullon sucks ??????????????????????????????,

The EU cd isn´t bad but without the fullon elements it would be rock, especially the prayer, and i like older GMS, too because it´s different than the today´s fullon and it has much more soundwuality than cheap fullon productions.

396742[/snapback]

:lol: gms is like the superbeginner of fullon my friend... even the older gms has rolling basslines like the fullon is today....

you say gms is better.... LOL, they use ONE sound that's it...

I have fullon cd where they use 50 different sounds on one cd...

true you have that idea but does that give people the right to post 20 times a day that fullon sucks ??????????????????????????????,

397004[/snapback]

was that aimed at me? cause you quoted me and then the other guy...

I ask this because I dont post 20 times a day about it... actually I most of the times just ignore this genre ´fight´.. just decided to give my opinions in these threads...

btw.. I think a little bashing is cool.. controversy is nice sometimes.. sucks to have only positive opinions.. but yeah sometimes it gets to be a bit too much I agree

Guest Loopfreaks

and why do al dj's spin fullon ........... because they like fullon simple...

That is your opinion and not at all based on reality. If you want to debate these things then please stick to reality and stop make up things that pop into your mind. I could if I wanted to list a quite long list of names that don't really love fullon as you say they do but yet they spin and make it because it's where the money are at.

Sad but the reality. Some of them have told me they wish they could play something different but then they could not get any gigs and make the money they make.. Some even very famous fullon artists have also told me they dont really like the music they do but they need the gigs and the cash.

And about your topic. I do not see anyone complain in this forum when countless stupid remarks are written about progressive and house by certain people who are very limited in their music taste. The point is that I will say exactly what i think og 95% of the full on copy & paste clone music out there. If that makes me a "basher" then I am proud of being one.

was that aimed at me?  cause you quoted me and then the other guy...

I ask this because I dont post 20 times a day about it... actually I most of the times just ignore this genre ´fight´..  just decided to give my opinions in these threads...

btw.. I think a little bashing is cool.. controversy is nice sometimes..  sucks to have only positive opinions.. but yeah sometimes it gets to be a bit too much I agree

397008[/snapback]

sherlock read my post it wasn't aimed at you at all...

I wrote does that give them the right not you the right... ;)

Rain, you honestly feel disliking a genre of music is tantamount to racism?

396827[/snapback]

from all users who replied you don't understand shit about my thread...

I said disliking fullon isn't a problem at all... but posting FUCK FULLON 20 times a day is...

maybe I will tomorrow post 20 TIMES fuck filteria... let's see how psynews will react... ;)

That is your opinion and not at all based on reality. If you want to debate these things then please stick to reality and stop make up things that pop into your mind.  I could if I wanted to list a quite long list of names that don't really love fullon as you say they do but yet they spin and makeit because it's where the money are at.

Sad but the reality.  Some of them have told me they wish they could play something different but then they sould not get any gigs and make the money they make.. Some even very famous fullon artists have also told me they dont really like the music they do but they need the gigs and the cash.

And about your topic.  I do not see anyone complain in this forum when countless of stupid remarks are written about progressive and house by certain people who are very limited in their music taste.  The point is that I will say exactly what i think og 95% of the full on copy & paste clone music out there. If that makes me a "basher" then I am proud of being one.

397011[/snapback]

jezus guy you have 8 post.... I'm talking about complaining that has been going on for a year now... sorry you weren't here...

if there are dj's who spin fullon against there will then it's them who don't live in reality... they just wanna be dj or what ????

well I wouldn't spinn music against my will...

and don't you critize my thread because it's based on fullon bashing for a very long time you weren't here...

so I'm sticking to the reality, you were not here.... so don't say things you don't know about.... I really don't have time for that pffffffffffff

396871[/snapback]

isn't that normal ??? why do you like old skool because it was your first love...

well their first love is fullon.... can you blame them ????