Heliopolis & Live-set

Hello everyone :)

First of all, the second album is being released 23 of january. Me hope you will like it. Fabien just uploaded 3 minutes samples (wma 48kbps) of the entire album..

You can find the samples here: http://www.suntriprecords.com/pages/releases/SUNCD04/

Second: I saw some live recording of mine turning around on the internet.

Filteria_-_Live_at_GoaWay_Party_Sweden_04-06-2005-PsyCZ

In the beggining i got abit <_< However, now i feel happy with that because it's been months since people heard anything new from me. Also, this is good promotion (Perhaps :unsure: ). I'm very happy that this is THIS party's live because that was a hell of a party!! Never seen people dance like that in sweden :D

There is no tracklist with that file, so i am thinking i could write it here:

1. Operation Pulse (Early Live Remix)

2. Speech Module (feat. Leo)

3. Unfiltred (Moon Remix)

4. Ultimator! (Ultimated Remix)

5. Stars (Warped Remix)

6. Navigate (Live Version)

So, its all unreleased material (Remixes)..

I hope you'll like it :)

All the best / Jannis

Cool B) Wanted to ask you about the tracklist... especially track#3, it roxxor :D But didn't know how you would react.

Looking forward to the album!

396423[/snapback]

Unfiltered is the opener of Heliopolis, and it's mastered by Tim Schuldt now !

Personally i've heard Navigate Live Rmx twice in parties where Filteria played, it was pure madness :P but since this summer he added his Lunar Civilization Rmx after it...raaaahhhhgh if you could have seen the dancefloor ;)

Now rush on the extracts of the forthcoming album, listen, imagine there are live remixes of half of these and tell us you will do anything to invite Filteria to some party where you live B)

while Sky Input sometimes felt a little too full-on with in your face trancey melodies this new album sounds more promising..

More atmosphere, more pads, more playful, more in my taste.. wonderful :)

Pyrogen is amazing, and of course the crop circles remix... man I can't wait to get my hands on this. I'm going to avoid the samples for now, did a quick listen a while ago.. I want it to sound new and fresh when I get it :)

Pyrogen is indeed totally amazing. I listen to it pretty much every day, and it just keeps getting better. And if the day comes when I grow tired of it, there's the other 7 tracks to wear out =)

while Sky Input sometimes felt a little too full-on with in your face trancey melodies this new album sounds more promising..

More atmosphere, more pads, more playful, more in my taste.. wonderful :)

401868[/snapback]

more ... groovy ...

and that's so good !

TB303 on "SpeechModule" ...!

• 3 weeks later...

listening to samples i can tell that lunar civilisation so called remix sounds horrible and chaotic. IMO

other tracks sound similar to sky input except that quality is better than on sky input. yet they still sound like pleiadians to me.

im a bit annoyed by that sound that was present in all [or allmost] sky input tracks and the same is with this album.

listening to samples i can tell that lunar civilisation so called remix sounds horrible and chaotic. IMO

other tracks sound similar to sky input except that quality is better than on sky input. yet they still sound like pleiadians to me.

im a bit annoyed by that sound that was present in all [or allmost] sky input tracks and the same is with this album.

418957[/snapback]

I feel like such a fanboy defending Jannis when these things come up, but these are my honest opinions, and have nothing to do with him being a friend of mine, so I'll go ahead anyway:

I would say the lunar civilization remix is totally awesome and certainly not out of control. If you are a fan of the original, I wonder how you could call this one horrible, actually. but I can't force anyone to like it. I would recommend listening to the entire track once it's released though.

And the sounds are not all the same. similar, but not identical. it will be more obvious when heard uncompressed... 48kbps mono (or whatever) doesn't quite do the details justice. Especially "Pyrogen" is a big step away from the Etnica-esque sound; in that one I can't hear any such influences.

Obviously not everyone in the entire world will love Heliopolis, but I do and I will stand up for it =)

I feel like such a fanboy defending Jannis when these things come up, but these are my honest opinions, and have nothing to do with him being a friend of mine, so I'll go ahead anyway:

I would say the lunar civilization remix is totally awesome and certainly not out of control. If you are a fan of the original, I wonder how you could call this one horrible, actually. but I can't force anyone to like it. I would recommend listening to the entire track once it's released though.

And the sounds are not all the same. similar, but not identical. it will be more obvious when heard uncompressed... 48kbps mono (or whatever) doesn't quite do the details justice. Especially "Pyrogen" is a big step away from the Etnica-esque sound; in that one I can't hear any such influences.

Obviously not everyone in the entire world will love Heliopolis, but I do and I will stand up for it =)

419011[/snapback]

You are so based you can't even say anything bad about it? It has mostly the same sounds as Sky Input! I start to doubt about your "goa guru" status...

I like the samples, but I just hate it when something bad is said about an artist, that there are friends of that artist praising the stuff he makes

You are so based you can't even say anything bad about it? It has mostly the same sounds as Sky Input! I start to doubt about your "goa guru" status...

I like the samples, but I just hate it when something bad is said about an artist, that there are friends of that artist praising the stuff he makes

419079[/snapback]

I speak my honest opinion about this album - I have nothing to gain from trying to boost its sales. I don't work for him and I don't work for the label. Jannis is a friend of mine regardless of how many copies his album sells, and thus our friendship is separate from my appreciation of his music - In fact, we first got to know eachother before his tracks were even remotely releasable.

I find it rather annoying that I am not allowed to post positive comments about his tracks simply because we're friends; I provide arguments and reasoning to support my statements, but nevertheless some people, such as you, seem to believe that my opinions are fake simply because I know the guy behind the music. That is bullshit.

And f'ing ofcourse I can find something negative about it; such as the kickdrum in track 1 being too compressed or that the remix version of track 6 should have been included instead of the original version; But above I replied to comments made by another used, and in that context I had no reason to start listing my criticism. I criticise Jannis' productions A LOT, which he can tell you himself. If I was an asskisser I strongly doubt we'd be as close as we are.

This is a discussion forum, and hence there will be discussions about music. In those, there will be both negative and positive comments. I make absolutely no attempt at hiding the fact that I know Jannis personally - in fact I try to be very open about it, so that my comments about his music won't be misinterpreted as "propaganda" or as an attempt at creating hype.

And the "goa guru status"... I've never claimed to be that, those are your words and not mine. If you think I'm not being honest about my opinions, then fine, whatever. But re-read my posts and you will hopefully understand that I am being perfectly honest.

I love "Heliopolis", I really do. It's probably the best dance music album I've heard in several years. I would say that even if I had never met or spoken with Jannis, regardless of what you believe.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but these accusations make me very upset.

419011[/snapback]

well to be honest i understand you and what you mean ;)

its just that this is not my cup of tea, and pleiades influence is still very obvious :), this kind of music had been done for years before Jannis started to produce, there is nothing new and groundbreaking, at least the way it was with oldskuul ;)

as for lunar civilization - yes, i am a "fan" of original, and only original, because nothing can beat it, power and creativity of crop circles :D!

well i agree that i have to listen to CD when it will be released, but i doubt that something will change my mind. well see, ill definitely will participate in discussion about heliopolis in review section when its reviewed ;)!

my 2c