you know what the problem is ?

Guest Rain

come on rain..  you are trying to get your point accross.. It´s normal to disagree and even to be a passionate about our ideas.. but such type of things you say are completely unnecessary..  if your post didnt have this it would have been 10000 of times better..

You´re an intelligent guy but sometimes you get a bit too excited..

we argument better if we try to stick more to the intellectual energy ;)

397088[/snapback]

no man.... I'm just being realistic...

and probably will unregister from psynews...

this place is not how I see the world at all !

that radio604 is 17 years old and continue non stop posting wrong info about everything...

ok he's young...

we'll read first and learn from psynews, search for older topics and then start posting...

we all learned about goa once... when I first discovered psynews... the first 1 years I red and posted nothing... why cause I didn't knew enough about it and why beginning arguiing with people who have the knowledge...

sorry that's just life men... that's the way it goes... you were young too...

there was a day you didn't know anything about music...

did you talked to people who were into music for like 8 years and continue telling them they are wrong and that shit ??

no because mommy said to you... sun don't talk about thing you dont' know about....

it's the basic main lesson each child gets...

and I hated it too that I couldn't post in the beginning... but I just didn't envolved in the discussions, why ???? my statements were totally wrong are I wasn't sure...

when I say to radio604 something you know what the beginning is of his answer...

hey rain do you wanna fight cause I want to :rolleyes:

jezus man... I respected the olders back in the days not because they are older just because they have the knowledge just like you respect einstein, or your teachers at universety.... you don't think they are show offs ??? it's just life...

it's normal...

accept it !

im not talking about radio604 , or to him..

im talking to you.. Rain...

regardless whether he is right or not, thats not the point... didnt you see what Im talking about in my post?

im just saying that there´s no need to get overlyexcited about it... If you are complaining about someone being disrespectful because he does something, but then you are also disrespectful yourself in some other way, then you just lose your whole argument...

It all depends on what´s your aim.. Is your aim to automatically react to an energy by devoting an equal "bad" energy back? Or is your aim to argument and show someone is wrong, or someone could change in some aspect, or smt like that?

If your aim is to give a good argument, and show radio604 is wrong, then im sure If you come and say in a rational matter why you think what you think, people (and he) will listen to you and take more into consideration what you say, whereas if you act angrily and bash him saying how he doesnt know about music but you do, how he is blind, etc, then he and others most likely will not take into consideration what you say.. You should know by now that the way you present your words, even if its the same thing in the end that you´re saying, will affect people differently depending on how you put it...

but if your argument is to automatically react to a stimulus, then I should just shut up :)

oh, and you know.. this thing about being ´realistic´.. thats just subjective.. there´s no such thing as saying ´im being objectively realistic´... your reality is just as real as any other reality, even his, and even of the skazi lover (ok ok maybe not so much :lol: ) .. Maybe yours is consensually accepted, or is more true in relation to certain assumptions, but his is also more true in relation to certain other assumptions.. Logic depends on the assumptions, on the ´axioms´...

im not talking about radio604 , or to him..

im talking to you.. Rain...

regardless whether he is right or not, thats not the point...  didnt you see what Im talking about in my post?

im just saying that there´s no need to get overlyexcited about it...  If you are complaining about someone being disrespectful because he does something, but then you are also disrespectful yourself in some other way, then you just lose your whole argument...

It all depends on what´s your aim.. Is your aim to automatically react to an energy by devoting an equal "bad" energy back?  Or is your aim to argument and show someone is wrong, or someone could change in some aspect, or smt like that?

If your aim is to give a good argument, and show radio604 is wrong, then im sure If you come and say in a rational matter why you think what you think, people (and he) will listen to you and take more into consideration what you say, whereas if you act angrily and bash him saying how he doesnt know about music but you do, how he is blind, etc, then he and others most likely will not take into consideration what you say.. You should know by now that the way you present your words, even if its the same thing in the end that you´re saying, will affect people differently depending on how you put it... 

but if your argument is to automatically react to a stimulus, then I should just shut up :)

oh, and you know.. this thing about being ´realistic´.. thats just subjective.. there´s no such thing as saying ´im being objectively realistic´...  your reality is just as real as any other reality, even his, and even of the skazi lover  (ok ok maybe not so much  :lol: ) ..  Maybe yours is consensually accepted, or is more true in relation to certain assumptions, but his is also more true in relation to certain other assumptions..  Logic depends on the assumptions, on the ´axioms´...

397099[/snapback]

well that's a statement I follow...

but I have drawed a plan in my head...

if somebody is being disrespectfull or annoying

first time : I'm friendly

second time : I'm friendly

fifth time : I'm not friendly...

mmmmmm radio604 is thinking at the 11th time now...

so if you are somebody where people just can walk over ok I repsect that...

but I'm not, not because of my prinicipals, but because of very strong reasons and bad experiences in my youth....

at a certain point I say stop !

you're way of living

my way of living...

but yeah I red your post, great mom and dad, happy family, lot's of fun...

not everybody in this world had that, don't forget we all have a story that influences our behaviour... and I can tell you one thing... your story is the total oppossite of mine, be lucky with your story, thank your parents for that story...

Oh come on now

Radi6404 is funny

397105[/snapback]

well if discriminating other people music taste is fun for you I agree enjoy it... ;)

[

well if discriminating other people music taste is fun for you I agree enjoy it...  ;)

397106[/snapback]

How seriously did you take my post?

I was joking, but i was not lying

Look Rain, i am not a full on basher or anyones basher. When i said i think he is funny, its because i truely think it is. I think he goes way far in his arguments and many of then has nothing of reality based on then and he say with such an authorithy...."full on is bad mastered music"... those kinds of things... what can i say? i think those things are funny... but i always let then be or sometimes say a thing or two about the subject... i also never really caught some of his racist post

just some of those honest post with a funny touch -_- (his authorthy is funny)

you truely thought i think its "fun" to see someone discriminating other people just beacuse of that single phrase i said? :unsure:

There is also the fact that his avatar cracks me up

How seriously did you take my post?

I was joking, but i was not lying

Look Rain, i am not a full on basher or anyones basher. When i said i think he is funny, its because i truely think it is. I think he goes way far in his arguments and many of then has nothing of reality based on then and he say with such an authorithy...."full on is bad mastered music"... those kinds of things... what can i say? i think those things are funny... but i always let then be or sometimes say a thing or two about the subject... i also never really caught some of his racist post

just some of those honest post with a funny touch  -_- (his authorthy is funny)

you truely thought i think its "fun" to see someone discriminating other people just beacuse of that single phrase i said? :unsure:

There is also the fact that his avatar cracks me up

397136[/snapback]

understand, different intrepation, I didn't thought you like the discriminating thing

but indeee what he writes about the bad fullon mastering thing is hilarious, and it's even more hilarious because he's thinks he's telling the truth, it's not ment as a joke, he really believes it and think it's right...

in that case I appologise and have the same feeling too...

I laugh with him all the time,

they should sell little puppets made in plastic for the kids and when you push the button it says "full on is bad mastered music"... :D

The problem is people arguing about full on all the time. if you like it say so if you dont you also have the right to say so. Just please stop banging on about it thread after thread.......

396793[/snapback]

true!

this is what, the 5th consecutive thread about full on?

i think i'm getting angry here.

please control yourself, people.

ffs. <_<

so if you are somebody where people just can walk over ok I repsect that...

397106[/snapback]

:lol:

dont you notice the 2 extremes? one is to just react too much over something.. the other is to let people walk over you ... just because I go against one extreme doesnt mean im saying the other extreme is the good one... the midpoint is what im talkin about

if you didnt get my point so far, then lets leave it at that

Quite often they will be annoyed by what is not intense such as progressive or even worse chillout...

396448[/snapback]

The day I hear 4x4 music that evokes in me feelings remotely close in intensity to what downbeat evokes will be the day my cat wins a nobel peace prize.

other than that i have nothing else to contribute to this discussion

:lol:

dont you notice the 2 extremes?  one is to just react too much over something..  the other is to let people walk over you ...    just because I go against one extreme doesnt mean im saying the other extreme is the good one...  the midpoint is what im talkin about

if you didnt get my point so far, then lets leave it at that

397352[/snapback]

the midpoint is not reacting hard in the beginning but if the persons keeps on doing it after 5 times you have to take action...

that is is a midpoint... I wrote that above in my thread...

The day I hear 4x4 music that evokes in me feelings remotely close in intensity to what downbeat evokes will be the day my cat wins a nobel peace prize.

other than that i have nothing else to contribute to this discussion

397486[/snapback]

Like I said, there are always exceptions :-) Im talking stereotypes (which are often the ones who are at the core of the problem).

But also keep in mind that effectiveness and intenstity are not the same things in music.

Something very intense (like pure noise) is often not very effective, unless the intent of it is to get to peoples nerves in a bad way hehe.

Best Wishes

Krell

you guys actuallly don't find the good fullon  :lol:

I always have fun with some guys...

fullon is not good

fullon is not psychedelic...

well sorry to tell.... but I've got massas good fullon ...

I even have fullon that is soooooooo psychedelic the 90ths didn't manage to reach that...

but reading all these post you guys just don't find them  :lol:

well I have many single tracks from dj's too so maybe that's why...

but I assure you I have fullon that blasts you away...

so perfect

so crystal clear

very good vibe

lot's of variations

highly psychedelic

smooth or very melodic...

isn't that what we want ???

but spending a long time on this forum I really thinks many guys really but really bash off fullon just beceause they just have no good fullon...

I'm an old skool freak, but a friend of mine is a fullon dj and get all his tracks...

and sorry but they fucking ROCK !!!!  :D

396406[/snapback]

I dont want perfect

I dont want crystal clear

I do want good vibes

I do want variation (which full on doesnt have imo)

I dont think full on is psychedelic

I think its melodic sometimes, but not the kind of melodies that I prefer.

I dont bash full on, because there is some of it that I like. I think I listen about 95% of the records coming out, so I would qualify to being able to have "the good full on"

For me 90% of the full on is crap, and 10% is super good....

Anyways, anyone to their own taste. I have mine, and some people will say that I am WAY to stuck up with it, but why care? I dont have to convince someone to think like me...

:)

Have a nice evening, im gonna spend time with my son now... he DOES NOT like full on, but he enjoyed Behind Blue Eyes.... tells a lot about his splendid taste in music! ;)

I dont want perfect

I dont want crystal clear

397581[/snapback]

I agree completely Mr Nemo!

one of the things I don't like about most modern psy/full on as compared to old school psy is that super crystal clear production... it doesn't leave anything to the imagination

let's face it, if you have a good imagination (especially while tripping, but doesnt have to be), it can fill in the gaps much better than any producer ever could

in most modern stuff it's like it's all spelled out right there for you, instead of merely suggesting something

this is why I also mourn the dissapearance of "minimal" psy like the first iboga LP and the first son kite LP, but also the first album by Tristan. All of these were mostly suggesting and teasing instead of going all out. Don't get me wrong, full on blasting tracks are great as a peak of a night, but you just can't have all peaks, then the whole thing of tension/release becomes pointless.

So for start let's just go back to having all genre's in one evening, all this segregation in the psy scene is pointless. And ditch that overcompressed crystal clear sound... give me some room to breathe in, to imagine...

funny how these drama threads flourish in here, but the ones where people ask about the type of you full on like, to have preconceptions changed or at least challanged, get caught at the end of the 3rd page... shows a bit what people are really interested around here ;)