to full-on or not to full-on

ritual om

rain, wtf... do you think some slowed down full-on/psy music is AMBIENT? (like astral projections shitty ambient versions, or hallucinogen in dub, even shpongle etc?) that ain't ambient man...

397100[/snapback]

what are you saying hallucinogen in dub is a bad cd ?????

what is you're right off course

well sorry but many many people like it,

sorry

and euhm spongle isn't ambient :blink: , euhm what the hell do you answer to such a statement...

do I have to convince you know ??? I don't even know where the hell you get the idea sphongle is not ambient, so have no idea to convince you...

sorry...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well it ain't pure ambient, thats a fact for sure... define it as chill/psy-chill or whatever, but definantly it ain't ambient, sorry to dissapoint you... pure ambient are soundscapes/drones etc.. and oh i didn't say hallucinogen in dub is a crap album, its quite nice, but i wouldn't define that as ambient either... someone said that ambient is psychedelic, well perhaps at some points it can be.. but all the ambient you probably have heard is the stuff that comes from producers within the goa/psy scene.. i'd rather define that as psymbient/psychill or whatever... not ambient, you want pure ambient? take a good and _DEEP_ listen to this for instance:

Dighom - A1: Kunthai 8:51

Now, that was amazing, was it? (some people might find it boring though because 'nothing happens' bla-bla.. listen to this under the right circumstances... either while induced or while in bed, lights out, and have a nice journey...) Either way it has NOTHING to do with full-on at all.

IF you liked it however, go here and get the rest.

well it ain't pure ambient, thats a fact for sure... define it as chill/psy-chill or whatever, but definantly it ain't ambient, sorry to dissapoint you... pure ambient are soundscapes/drones etc.. and oh i didn't say hallucinogen in dub is a crap album, its quite nice, but i wouldn't define that as ambient either... someone said that ambient is psychedelic, well perhaps at some points it can be.. but all the ambient you probably have heard is the stuff that comes from producers within the goa/psy scene.. i'd rather define that as psymbient/psychill or whatever... not ambient, you want pure ambient? take a good and _DEEP_ listen to this for instance:

Dighom - A1: Kunthai 8:51

Now, that was amazing, was it? (some people might find it boring though because 'nothing happens' bla-bla.. listen to this under the right circumstances... either while induced or while in bed, lights out, and have a nice journey...) Either way it has NOTHING to do with full-on at all.

IF you liked it however, go here and get the rest.

397108[/snapback]

ever heard of the term 'psychedelic ambient' :rolleyes:

well it ain't pure ambient, thats a fact for sure... define it as chill/psy-chill or whatever, but definantly it ain't ambient, sorry to dissapoint you...

397108[/snapback]

Yeah, that's correct. Shpongle is psychedelic experimental stuff... 'psybient' as some might call it.

ever heard of the term 'psychedelic ambient'  :rolleyes:

397151[/snapback]

"Psychedelic ambient" is still ambient right? Shpongle has way too much going on in their tunes for them to be called "ambient". I think you should listen to some real ambient and make a statement based on that. Psychedelic downtempo is what I'd categorize Shpongle's music as.

"Psychedelic ambient" is still ambient right? Shpongle has way too much going on in their tunes for them to be called "ambient". I think you should listen to some real ambient and make a statement based on that. Psychedelic downtempo is what I'd categorize Shpongle's music as.

397463[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more

Rain obviously you don't listen much to 'ambient' at all

sorry dude

for ambient I understand as beatless music...

the rest would be downtempo or chillout

for ambient I understand as beatless music...

the rest would be downtempo or chillout

397505[/snapback]

Not entirely true, there exists plenty of ambient that have a beat. Sometimes it can be very good as well. Listen to Peter Benisch - Waiting For Snow for example. The overall atmosphere is much calmer in ambient though than in downtempo/chillout music like Shpongle/Shulman/Entheogenic and the likes.

I'm confused here.

I don't really get your point

example is space tribe full on or old school goa and is gms full on or hallucinogen must be old school goa.

hallucinogen is similar to space tribe and space tribe is similar to gms ?

I'm confused here.

I don't really get your point

example is space tribe full on or old school goa and is gms full on or hallucinogen must be old school goa.

hallucinogen is similar to space tribe and space tribe is similar to gms ?

397582[/snapback]

Newer Space Tribe is definetely full-on, while some of the older stuff can be called "old-school" if you like. I don't really like the term though, it really doesn't say anything else than that the music is "old". The older stuff is more psy than goa though, if you can make that distinction. I've never considered Hallucinogen as goa, but rather proper "psy-trance" in the true meaning of the word. GMS is, and have always been full-on. So in conclusion:

GMS: Full-on

Hallucinogen: (Classic) Psy-trance

Space Tribe: Psy-trance (old stuff), Full-on (new stuff)

Newer Space Tribe is definetely full-on, while some of the older stuff can be called "old-school" if you like. I don't really like the term though, it really doesn't say anything else than that the music is "old". The older stuff is more psy than goa though, if you can make that distinction. I've never considered Hallucinogen as goa, but rather proper "psy-trance" in the true meaning of the word. GMS is, and have always been full-on. So in conclusion:

GMS: Full-on

Hallucinogen: (Classic) Psy-trance

Space Tribe: Psy-trance (old stuff), Full-on (new stuff)

397614[/snapback]

I have the first ever GMS, and that was not full on, or? :)

Not entirely true, there exists plenty of ambient that have a beat. Sometimes it can be very good as well. Listen to Peter Benisch - Waiting For Snow for example. The overall atmosphere is much calmer in ambient though than in downtempo/chillout music like Shpongle/Shulman/Entheogenic and the likes.

397569[/snapback]

thats why I said ´for me´... genres are in any case subjective... so to make things easier, I define ambient as mostly beatless... but like ishq, for examples, at times in some tracks it has soft beats, but still its in general beatless therefore generally ambient

:)

thats why I said ´for me´...  genres are in any case subjective... so to make things easier, I define ambient as mostly beatless...  but like ishq, for examples, at times in some tracks it has soft beats, but still its in general beatless therefore generally ambient

:)

398068[/snapback]

Yeah, I see what you mean. Most ambient is beatless, but they sometimes throw in beats in a track or two to diverse it a little. Biosphere - Substrata is another good example. As long as it's only slow beats it's still ambient the way I see it.

I have the first ever GMS, and that was not full on, or? :)

397618[/snapback]

You mean Chaos Laboratory? I can't remember it very well, but at least it's part full-on, no? GMS more or less invented full-on, so the sound has of course developed itself a bit since then. Old GMS > New GMS anyways.

true! Fullon is Israel midishit, they havn´t enough time to spend and produce easy to do fullon crap instead of difficult to do quality trance music, ask everybody you know that don´t listen trance and everyone would say that this isn´t quality music at all but if you give him/her old psytrance he/she would say,

"poa what is that, i like this because of the quality electronic sounds and the emotional melodies there, what must an artist think to do this music", for example even my 44 years old aunt has said once while listening Space Tribe and Simon posford The hands of the shaman "This is nie electronic music" so you see that Israel can´t do quality music at all because fullon is burn in israel AND all other countries and labels (without twisted records and dragonfly i think) just copy the ullon formula and do the same music without any quality AT ALL [/size=150]

396113[/snapback]

Fullon is the worsesd musicgenre i know, there are a few nice sounding tracks but the rest is worse than mozard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

396116[/snapback]

Dude, like, WTF? Are you in a perpetual Meth withdrawl or something?

Am I the only one who's fed up with these obnoxious oldschool vs. full on topics?

396171[/snapback]

Same here. How bout some Hair Metal VS Russian Pop topic? I have some pretty good arguments there.