New to the sound

Guest Gringo

Hello all, I really like the site you got running here. I am a trance dj and found this site through Tranceaddict.com, everyone there recomended this site for the psy fans. I never really heard of Goa, or Psy (To my understanding they are the same), and have pretty much not even given it a chance until Talamasca - Come On passed in one ear, rattled my brain cells, and passed through the other ear. I've never heard a Goa track that, well, I guess the way I could describe it would be, a track that just kicks your a$$ like that.

After doing some poking around I've found other tracks that really got me going. Some I can remember are CRMB - Wonders, and Mystica - Ashes to Ashes. Would this be what is considered Full On? If tracks like those are considered Full on, what other artists or labels might I expect to find the same style/sound? I've also noticed by poking around the board here, that CD oriented DJ's are pretty much predominant over vinyl DJ's in this genre, is that just a media preferance or is vinyl of this genre hard to find?

Anyways, I love the sound and I love the site. Thanks for reading my post and thanks in advance for any help!

DJ Gringo

(Brandon)

Guest >>>flo3>>&

Hi there,

i'm quite new to the scene too but here are some examples of the most important projects:

Israeli full on:

Astral projection

Infected Mushroom

Euro full on:

GMS

Hallucinogen

Australian full on:

Space Tribe

mr peculiar (not yet so famous but...)

btw check the artists info section of this page...there's not all but its the best archive as far as i know...

np: perplex - bbc

You should be a truly happy gringo then! This music has brought us so much pleasure and good times so I hope it does the same for you.

There are a few reasons why vinyl is less popular amongst psy djs (though a lot of people love it and wouldn't be happy without it). First off, the early scene was built in Goa and other hot beach party locations where vinyl quickly turns into useful but unplayable fruit bowls. DAT was favoured back then because it didn't warp and because the tracks could be traded and exchanged. CD is similarly heat resistant and also recently is a medium which can be exchanged and traded (good psy can be hard to come by through the normal channels). So those are the main reasons as I see it.

As for recommendations, make sure you hear some Hux Flux (e.g bring your own bios, the cryptic crunch album etc.)!

bomble

Guest Num Lock

Try Chaos Unlimited (www.chaosunlimited.co.uk), you can listen to everything to find what artists you like. Nom Lock

Guest sukanta

here are some kick ass album: (what you are looking for)

logic bomb - unlimited

gms - no rules

dimitri's dat bag (tip world)... best comp ever !!!

also check the assassi:nations compilation

the time & space compilation (sound sorcery rec.)

genetic process (spun rec.)

btw you can also find assassinations and dimitri's dat bag on vinyl

you'll find thess full power records on www.saikosounds.com

or www.chaosunlimited.co.uk

enjoy

Also, still in the recent releases :

Nomad : Hyperactive

Talamasca : Musica Divinorum

Saiko-Pod : Phutures And Options

VA : Solstice

VA : Inside

You can check out all this releases (tracklistings+reviews) in the reviews section ;-)

Guest JanUa

PsySex :hardcore blast off

Alien Project : dance or die

yahel : private collection

and the above mentioned already :::)

welcome to the world of psyChEdeliC ;)

Guest Gringo

Thank you everyone for the feedback =) It is most appreciated! I've always been into trance but a lot of times it's just not up to speed with rockin a dancefloor. I have solved this dj dilema with the wonderful sound everyone here is into. Also, can't thank you everyone enough for letting me in on Chaosunlimited, that site flat out rocks. I've just placed my first Psy/Goa order. To rattle a few off;

GMS - No Rules

Talamasca - Music Divinorum

Logic Bomb - Unlimited

Logic Bomb - Time Travelling ET's / The Pawn Rmx

GMS - Shrek

Infected Mushroom - Classical Mushroom

Infected Mushroom - The Gathering

Future Prophecy - Freak

All on vinyl =) Hopefully they have the oldies like the Infected Mushroom's in stock, they said they were reprinted this year but I know the routine, they go fast. And Strumpling, I'm not forgetting the chill out / ambient, I like to save the smooth chill out stuff to listen to, I'm into the full on bangin stuff to play out at parties. Where I live, party's usually consist of A LOT of house, some trance and techno, and the occasional Happy Hardcore. I've never heard any Psy / Goa played out here.

And now I'm going to give everyone a shot to flame me =) Go ahead and take your best shots cause I'm usually the loner on the boards with this,

I also spin HAPPY HARDCORE!!!! LOL

Go ahead and laugh it up =)

Thanks again everyone, you guys are great!

DJ Gringo

Brandon

hey man I won't laugh at you :-D

Just keep makin people happy out there Gringo. You're a true public-serviceman.

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-

djs should be paid by the government directly ;-)

Guest JanUa

he's a trance dj ... he will love yahel i think, + i like the album to ... the sun is shining and yahel is filling the room with tunes, what a summer feeling ;)

Guest Axis Mundi

Musica Divinorum is a fabulous album . . . if you live in North America then I strongly consider you check out Chaos Existence at www.chaosexistence.com . . . they're the best Goa record store this side of the Atlantic!!

Guest AplusC

Yahel :/

I would start of with Infected Mushroom .. the first time I listened to Bust a Move I though "Wow this psy thing is F*UCKIN good, actually"

My other favorites:

Talamasca - Jungle Storm

Man with no Name - Azymuth, Sugar Rush

Tim Schuldt - Pale, Ohm Shiva, Orange Acid, Halloween, Pretty Poison

SFX - Allah Acbar

Juno Reactor - Children of the Night, Samurai, Pistolero

Battle of the Future Buddhas - Tigerhill, Lord of the Dance

Skazi - Lets go to Mars, Stealing my Memories, Animal

Guest Smaug

If your just starting to get into Psy-Trance Infected Mushroom is a must! No buts ifs about it.

Other groups to consider:

Union Jack

Violet Vision

Etnica

Other Chill Out groups to consider:

Shpongle

Asura

Celtic Cross

Shulman

Entheogenic ---> a must!