Twisted Records News

I got an email from Twisted today. I've copied all the interesting bits below.

Our main News items for December are the arrival of the Flexitones in the shops on CD as of the 5th of December. For those of you that read the previous newsletter, you will know that the MP3/Wav store is now up on the Twisted Website and has been offering the Flexitones two weeks earlier than the external release date. We think that the Mp3/Wav stall is a great way for you to fill out the rough edges of your Twisted music collections.

Releases

Prometheus has taken the gold medal amongst Twisted trance artists for getting his 'Corridor of Mirrors' album finished and it will be hitting the shelves early next year. We are collecting artwork ideas as we speak. Benji is laying low till January when he is gonna start playing gigs to showcase his new material!

Sadly the Shpongle Box Set is not going to be ready in time for Twistmas... this is a great shame as it would have made a marvellous gift for my mum and dad. We don't want to rush what could be the final chapter in the Gospel according to Shpongle.

Backroom Beats 3 is coming along nicely but with several of our artists gigging at the far end of the planet, enjoying the Australian sunshine, collecting the tracks is proving a bit tricky. However, we expect it to be ready to go early next year.

Tristan is in the process of giving himself cabin fever whilst completing his album which should be musically ready to go by Christmas so will be released in Spring 2006. Definitely in time for the summer stomping. We've heard a few of the tracks and the big man isn't letting standards slip, thats for sure.

Younger Brother, Metal Sharon and Ott are still working on their respective albums which will all be ready to go next year sometime. You can catch some of their new stuff at our party in March, see below for details.

There is some office banter about an Unusual Suspects 3 and maybe a downtempo compilation which will showcase some of the new work being done by Younger Brother, Ott, Metal Sharon, Prometheus, Tristan and Merv.

PARTY PARTY PARTY!

Twisted Records @ SE-One on Friday 3rd March 2006

At last we are doing another Twisted Records Label party. The venue has been booked, the artists are confirmed and we're pretty excited about it we have to say. Keep an eye out for flyers that will be going out over the Twistmas period. Confirmed in the line up we have:

Hallucinogen, Prometheus, Tristan, Ott, Younger Brother, Flexitones, Western Rebel Alliance, Toires, Dickster, Pogo, Henry Seligman, Simon H, Simon B & Tom B, Ed Bigland, Organismic & Slack Baba.

Yet to be confirmed are Youth, Tom Fu, Tom Anteater and a few other very special guests... this is promising to be a stonker with all five main rooms of the SE-One open and filled with the Twisted vibe. Keep the date free, and watch this space for more details.

GIGS

09.12.05 Hallucinogen live prince band room, melbourne, australia

10.12.05 Hallucinogen live sydney, australia

31.12.05 - 01.01.06 Hallucinogen live ipanema beach, rio, brazil

31.12.05 - 01.01.06 Tristan live Universo Paralello, Brazil

Tristan will be playing out in Brazil over the Twistmas period and in Goa over the beginning of 2006. He will be looking for gigs as of April so if you want to book him then check our website for details.

On the 27th of March 2006, there is the Soulclipse Festival in Turkey to celebrate the solar eclipse. Our friend Mr Posford will be perfoming Hallucinogen Live and a Shpongle Dj Set. We are telling you this now as you should really book your flights sooner rather than later as they are getting quite expensive.

Sadly the Shpongle Box Set is not going to be ready in time for Twistmas... this is a great shame as it would have made a marvellous gift for my mum and dad. We don't want to rush what could be the final chapter in the Gospel according to Shpongle.

394616[/snapback]

Who might have thought? ;)

You 're right his albums didn't get me buying them either, although I think when played on a loud soundsystem they would do just fine. His collaborations are really what trance is all about, especially THIS andTHIS one. His dj-set at Sonica this year really was a bliss to my ears and I hope a lot of the tracks he played their are on his new album (if most of them were his ofcourse).

Too me Tristan is one of the best dj's around...

• 4 weeks later...

His dj-set at Sonica this year really was a bliss to my ears and I hope a lot of the tracks he played their are on his new album (if most of them were his ofcourse).

Too me Tristan is one of the best dj's around...

395182[/snapback]

His DJ set was actually Tristan playing live after messing up his ears earlier in the Summer, so if you loved it and I and thousands of others did then his album could be the one which truly represents his talent. B)

His DJ set was actually Tristan playing live after messing up his ears earlier in the Summer, so if you loved it and I and thousands of others did then his album could be the one which truly represents his talent.  B)

408009[/snapback]

Well that's what I call some good news ;)

I didn't recognize any of those tracks, so I supposed most them were his.