astral projection vs mfg

radi6404

What a crock of sh!t!! Ott sounds like rubbish against Shulman!!  Ott makes stock standard dub with a tiny tweak hear and there... Shulman makes spaced out ambient music with vague dubby sounds here and there... oh and I'd say that whilst Ott may be the btter producer as in mixing.mastering etc. Shulman is a billion times a better musician... to compare the two is ridiculous! You just made my day, haven't laughed so much for about 2 years  :lol:

394893[/snapback]

To call Ott's dub 'standard' is plain ridiculous.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's the other way around. Ott is the master musician while Shulman just takes fragments of other artist's stuff, and makes a somewhat acceptable soup out of them.

394917[/snapback]

i prefer Shulman - In Search Of A Meaningful Moment over Ott - Blumenkraft , any time :D

What a crock of sh!t!! Ott sounds like rubbish against Shulman!!  Ott makes stock standard dub with a tiny tweak hear and there... Shulman makes spaced out ambient music with vague dubby sounds here and there... oh and I'd say that whilst Ott may be the btter producer as in mixing.mastering etc. Shulman is a billion times a better musician... to compare the two is ridiculous! You just made my day, haven't laughed so much for about 2 years  :lol:

394893[/snapback]

Okay shulman is really much better than Ott because he has singing voices and so on on his tracks, really enjoyable to listen, ott has voices, too but shulman sounds much better.

Guest The Journey Man Project

Ott's music is really not that great, I found maybe 2 tracks on his album listenable, whereas Shulman is pure bliss all the way through... but I guess there is no use arguing, it'l like Traveller and Shpongle, such discussions go now where with a closed mind..

Ott's music is really not that great, I found maybe 2 tracks on his album listenable, whereas Shulman is pure bliss all the way through... but I guess there is no use arguing, it'l like Traveller and Shpongle, such discussions go now where with a closed mind..

394991[/snapback]

I appreciate you prefer Shulman to Ott but hoped you would recognise talent and innovation when you heard it even if it wasn't to your tatse.

As for the closed mind comment... <_<

Which israelina group do you like more? I must say that i like astral projection but i like mfg more because they have much more emotional melodies, the melodies are so emotional that sometimes i think that is folcmusic, for example the track journey beyond the world or experience or hipnoticed and much more, they all are much more melodios than mainstream astral projection.

394495[/snapback]

I would choose MFG - but, still I think MFG is just a copy off Astral Projection really.

Around 1996/97 where I was more into MFgs sound I like MFG the best for listening.

Now they have just joined the masses of regular full on, I dont spot so much creativity in their recent releases.... But still, MFG over AP any day.

Astral Projection was, as far as I remember, the first artist to be broadly described as "commercial" due to them spitting out one album after the other with the exame "killah formula sound" - Back then, people really expected artists to evolve.

AP was the Skazi of that time.... Now they are just another name......

Best Wishes

Krell

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

That's pretty stupid. There is no 'better' artists than others, it all depends on your taste!  ;)

395342[/snapback]

yép glad somebody said it :rolleyes:

Guest The Journey Man Project

I appreciate you prefer Shulman to Ott but hoped you would recognise talent and innovation when you heard it even if it wasn't to your tatse.

As for the closed mind comment...  <_<

395074[/snapback]

i said in my original statement that I think Ott is an amazing producer, but not an amazing musician... he has talent, as aproducer, not as a musician. juts my opinion ;)

mfg and astral are so much different

mfg is the psychedelic bizarre stuff and astral is the emotional put-your-hands-in-the-air stuff

both are great, but if i'd have to choose... mfg :)

Okay the cd isn´t bad at all, the tracks are good but this happens because Simon´s great melodies that ott have only added in his tracks.

395497[/snapback]

I disagree.

I probably appreciate and respect Posford as much as you (I'm just a bit quieter about it) but don't feel it was his melodies that made the Hallucinogen Remix album great. On the contrary I feel it was Ott's own signature that made the album stand out, the plethora of original sounds, samples and layers that lie between and over the classic Hallucinogen melodies.

I disagree.

I probably appreciate and respect Posford as much as you (I'm just a bit quieter about it) but don't feel it was his melodies that made the Hallucinogen Remix album great. On the contrary I feel it was Ott's own signature that made the album stand out, the plethora of original sounds, samples and layers that lie between and over the classic Hallucinogen melodies.

395574[/snapback]

maybe, i don´t know why but the hallucinogen in dub album has the hallucinogenic feeling in it but ott´s own cd´s hasn´t this feeling. If i hear most hallucinogen tracks i think i´am outside in summer, do anyone else think so?

did ott remixed all the tracks in the halluc remixes album? cuz im preety sure that solstice is an ott's remix. exactly his style

p.s imo in dub tracks are way better then the originals. i know almost all of u disagree, but i just dont like hallucinogen that much, except in cooperations.

While I really like to "project astrally" sometimes, MFG's music is just like a message from god. I can't tell you how many MFG tracks I have been addicted to and listened to over and over again...."Alien's Land", "We are the Machines", "Hypnotized", "Illumination", "Journey to Another Planet" to name a few. Their melodies are just so amazing. I think I prefer "The Prophecy" and "New Kind of World" the most as they are the most old school-sounding. "Project Genesis" was darker but still very nice. At first I didn't like "The Message" so much but then I grew acustomed to it - I find it to be more minimal and that it has a more "mature" feel to it. "Smiling Faces" sure is good and I'm looking forward to hear new god-like material! :D

While I really like to "project astrally" sometimes, MFG's music is just like a message from god. I can't tell you how many MFG tracks I have been addicted to and listened to over and over again...."Alien's Land", "We are the Machines", "Hypnotized", "Illumination", "Journey to Another Planet" to name a few. Their melodies are just so amazing. I think I prefer "The Prophecy" and "New Kind of World" the most as they are the most old school-sounding. "Project Genesis" was darker but still very nice. At first I didn't like "The Message" so much but then I grew acustomed to it - I find it to be more minimal and that it has a more "mature" feel to it. "Smiling Faces" sure is good and I'm looking forward to hear new god-like material! :D

395784[/snapback]

I look forword for the new album, too

While I really like to "project astrally" sometimes, MFG's music is just like a message from god.

395784[/snapback]

That's how I feel about a lot of Juno Reactor tracks, they have an almost religious eminence to them.

Astral Projection by a country mile.

394500[/snapback]

I've been listening to my MFG and Astral Projection albums all week and now believe the above statement is false. MFG's albums have definately aged better than Astral's albums, which sound quite repetitive in comparison, but I still feel Astral have the better melodies.

Therefore in retrospect I consider MFG and Astral Projection equal.

I've been listening to my MFG and Astral Projection albums all week and now believe the above statement is false. MFG's albums have definately aged better than Astral's albums (which sound quite repetitive in comparison) but I still feel Astral have the better melodies.

399330[/snapback]

;)

You should also take into account new Astral Pretentious.... ::

Sorry but i don´t want to damage my expensive speakers with fullon crap.

399355[/snapback]

Their new album hasnt yet been released, but we can get an idea from their live acts eh ? ;) oh, and everything seemed to go wrong after Ten Remixes album , even a bit earlier..

I purposely left that rubbish out.

;) you shouldnt because new MFG album seems to be much better[judging from the one track they gave for free], while Astral P are likely to be this scene's greatest dissapointment..[after Raja Ram of course, used to be in The Infinity Project and now he's spinning Skazi-Seek&Destroy, OMG the godfather.]