Please recommend me some nice psy breaks

moni

Oh yeah forgot to answer the topic.. I listen to breaks and drumnbass quite much. The first track that comes to mind is Anthony Rother - Hacker. Also if you like drumnbass you should definitely try LTJ Bukem's album Journey Inwards, it has some extremely beautiful melodies.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Deviant Electronics - Blunt Instruments

394449[/snapback]

Yes! you know I heard this for this first time a few weeks ago, and what an amazing album....after listening to the samples of what you were looking for...im pretty sure this one might be just the thing :)

alert new release :

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/trs/trs1cd005.html

it's broken and psychedelic

513631[/snapback]

psy-dm....what a concept! lol...

Guest antic

as already mentioned:

deviant electronics - blunt instruments

digitalis - the third state

metal spark - corrosive

joujouka - joujouka

all 21-3 releases

Since I'm not really that much of an expert (but a lover, though) may I draw your attention to the following (11 pages!!) thread @ goatrance.nl , the main dutch psytrance site ... ?

Take a look here, I think its mostly in english, a LOT OF names are being mentioned! :D

[edit] sorry, i see most of it is in dutch, but artists are artists and you can recognize when good names are being mentioned. otherwise just ask me (or any other dutchspeaking member...enjoy! [/edit]

moni check this out. it's my mix + some of my tracks >> romanian psy breaks :D

download

playlist:

space monkey - flash daddy

james monro - locked in

option zer0 - calatorie

violet vision - fnac punks origin mix

naked tourist - fairchild

satschi - burnin

space monkey - flash daddy

option zer0 - vis

ananda shake - we speak music

cpu - kung fu

psysex - new wave hooker

i am looking for something like the music on VA - Pyrexia (Exogenic Breaks, 2005)

394403[/snapback]

Holy shit! Why the fuck didn't I hear this CD or see this thread before? I only heard the first couple releases on Exogenic breaks which I didn't like so much (more wacko Finnish style with a breakbeat or d&b rhythm), but this is the sort of stuff I've been waiting to come out of the psy scene since the whole psybreaks thing died several years back. :)

Other recommendations in this style....

I'm surprised that nobody mentioned Tipper or KiloWatts. They do really cool IDM-ish breaks with a psychedelic feel like this Pyrexia CD. Carbon Community and Sons of the Electric Ghost (sometimes abbreviated just to SOTEG) are also sometimes producing a sound like this. The label of SOTEG is called Bless Records - they release a lot of this subtly-psy style of breaks. You might also want to check out Bassnectar - his music is more groovy than intense psychedelic, but the guy came out of the psytrance scene, so he has some pretty trippy wacked-out sounds in there. Search on discogs.com and you will find a lot about these artists.

I might also suggest checking into some of the harder nu-skool breaks style. A couple of the samples on that Exo. Breaks compilation reminded me of artists like The Breakfastaz, Transformer Man, DJ Mutiny & Quest, etc. Beware, because this style sometimes incorporates some hip-hop influences. It's not my favorite style, but you will still find a lot of really hard & heavy psychedelic stuff from these guys. Might be your cup o' tea.

You could also check out some of the more tek-funk/breaks artists like Force Mass Motion, Meat Katie, Elite Force, Lee Coombs, Dylan Rhymes - maybe more their releases from 2001-2004 (their material in the last couple years incorporates a lot more electro & vocal influences). FMM in particular lays down some thick acid that almost has a slight old-school goa feel to it.

I'll also have to highly recommend (maybe more like put on a pedestal ;) ) the artist Introspective. He's been my favorite breaks artist for the last couple years. He's producing really thick, nasty acidic breaks that IMO is extremely psychedelic. Here's a link to his discogs.com page - he's got another release coming out soon on Sinister Rec.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Introspective+(3)

BTW, most of the stuff I recommend is unfortunately releases primarily on vinyl. But you can definitely find a lot of it on download stores like Beatport, and I bet you could track some of it down through less scrupulous means as well (Arrrrrr!). ;)

Shameless self-promo......you might like some of the tracks in a mix I recorded last year - you can download it here:

http://www.krelmatrix.com/broken_symmetry.html

Look for "Gonzo Beats". It's gotten some good reactions from psy people before. I would say to skip maybe 15-20 minutes into it for the slightly more psy-ish stuff, and pay special attention to the last 4 tracks. ;)

exile - neuroscan (marine parade) (vinyl only), im determind to play this one at the weekend and maybe ill play p.f.n. - philter seen that one on quite a few psy/proggy comps. they both fit proggy psy-proggy sets... ;)

btw, the set from krelmatrix is really good, if its the one i downloaded a few months ago.

• 4 months later...