How many people here...

... are jew of origin?

I'm not trying to start a war or anything, I was just wondering since more than 50% psy artists are Israelis, how many are in the audience? And how many of these are amateur psy artists?

Once again, if anyone thinks of starting some racist remarks war here FORGET IT!!!

Let's start with me: of all I know , I don't think I have any jewish roots...

Ehh.... I'm not jew... Infact I don't believe in anything but myself... Infact you might call me an atheist... Though I acknowledge that fact, that religion has a major part in some peoples lifes... And if that's what they need to have a happy life, then I have no problem with that...

DeathPosture

this is off-topic if ya ask me..

and does it matter ?? I surely dont care where people come from or what their belives are .. as long as they are open minded :)

DeathPosture: Infinity lies within (yourself). :)

Guest ~Jonezz~

I think that everyone should create their own "religion".. trying to figure out "what it´s all about" by yourself.. and I think bible for example is very interesting book and written by some wise mens but thought that it´s the absolute truth is kind of naive IMO..

And I do believe that christ really did exist, but that he had some kind of "magical powers.." gimme a brake.. Think he was just wise man with BIG heart and a lot of knowledge about life.. and all those stories about him, like how he made the blind man to see again, should be read as.. err.. metaphoras.. like he didn´t really make him see again.. just gave new point of wiews to this poor man who maybe had lost his love to life.. and ability to see the good things in life..

Hmm.. hope that someone understands what im trying to say..

And this was MY opinion.. like Deathposture said: "And if that's what they need to have a happy life, then I have no problem with that... "

Wasn't talking about religion, it was about ethnic origin...

And IMO this IS a general topic since I want to have a general idea of the psy audience!

and again I say, I'm not looking to provoke anyone or start a war, just general interest...

i have it with death posture in this topic. if people like it then they should have it but i don't believe in anything religious.

and as much as i know i don't have any jewish roots btw.

Damn it, when did I say anything about religion here??? I'm talking about ETHNIC ORIGIN!!!!! that's all... we already talked about the religion thing 100s of times before, so I already know what your points of views on religion are, no need to state them again

Guest phaeton

just wondering, what is the point of this thread? do you really care about what ethnic origin one has, or were you just really bored? i really don't see the point ..

Guest Slidingtrancer

Dieznyik, I study history. Around 1600 the Jews in Europe were most of all bankers up till around 1940 and you know the rest. That's in simple what happened. Just like the Jezuits were famous in their days for solving European problems.

Phaeton, he wants to know the correlation between being a jew and making good music ?

Do you need to be a practising Jew to make good stuff... :?

* yes its irrelevant*

phaeton: the relasionship I wanted to see was since there are more than 50% jew psy artists out there what was the proportion of the audience?? Why can't I get a simple answer to a simple question??

and Slidingtrancer: I thought that they were all jewel makers, hence the name "jew"... you sure about this banking stuff? I know there is a famous book stating that they are at the origin of capitalism, but it's the first time I hear that they were all bankers... Maybe I just lack some general culture here.

Anyway, if I could get a normal answer to my initial question without all the philospohy about religion I would be greatefull 8-D

Guest Eshanti Brahman

Guys guys! MD asked a simple question and instead of answering,people are bashing religion/belief and starting to act like Homer the great philosopher. Why should we always start to analyze everything that is being questioned? But I agree that the topic should have been in the "Off-topic category"

Peace.

tequila: yes, one book states that it was the protestants, but another states it was the jews. In fact, the Hitler and the Nazis based themselves on that book to say that the whole economic crisis in the late 1920s and early 1930s was due to them and this is shown as a classical case of the perversion of a harmless idea. I studied all this once, but now it's like ages ago and I don't remember the name of the books and authors. Maybe Slidingtrancer could shed some light here.

... anyway, the way this is turning, this is becoming an off-topic post. Mike D, if you want to delete this, feel freely to do so. I kinda knew this topic would backfire on me...

Guest phaeton

moondancer ... i'm sure there are a lot of jewish psytrance artists, but i refuse to believe that more than 50 % of all psytrance is being made by jews :)

Guest tequila

MD: Max Weber wrote a book about the link between the origins of capitalism and predestination, don't know the title in english, sorry.

concerning the other book you're talking about, could give me the title if you find it back please?

I don't follow any religion, but I am one of the "many people here..." so count me too!

P.S. Just kuz i got no religion, doesn't mean i hate it. back off. i have no problem with people "of faith," so don't get your panties all bunched up over this :)

-=- Matt/Strumpling